wvuwvu7

NBI Clearance with AKA

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hello guys,

Just to let you know, I got my visa on January 01, 2010!

after waiting for a week and a day.

What an Awesome Blessing!

Happy New Year!

:star::star::star:

:dance::dance::dance:

Ay ang galing ng sayo Magie, kailan lang ang interview mo sa US embassy? pareho lang ang sa atin NBI clearance rin ang kulang ko with AKA na ang format ay family name/name/maiden name AKA old first name which the spelling was been already corrected by the NSO. Noong Dec.15, 2009 ang interview ko sa US embassy pero na send ko ang NBI clearance ko at passport noong Dec.18,2009 but hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong balitang natatanggap para sa visa ko.bakit ganun?can you give me an advice?

maraming salamat!

conmatic lady

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello there!.. our I-130 just got approved, and we're about to start the NVC process this January 2010.. i was just wondering do i still need to submit a police clearance to NVC (as an attachment to the DS230).. or will the NBI clearance be enough? (i have only lived in one place here in PI since birth..)

btw, happy new year everyone!

both. and originals of BC, MC if it applies..

I-R5 at USCIS California Service Center

Consulate: Manila Philippines

5/19/09 Filed I-130 at Chicago Lockbox

5/22/09 USCIS rcvd I-130

6/01/09 Checks cashed

6/03/09 NOA1 rcvd for both parents

8/12/09 Email approval for Dad

8/17/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Dad

8/20/09 Rcvd RFE email for Mom

9/08/09 Email approval for Mom

9/12/09 Rcvd NOA2 for Mom

NVC

8/19/09 NVC rcvd dad's case

9/18/09 NVC rcvd mom's case

9/22/09 Emailed DS3032

9/28/09 Paid AOS/ I-864 fee of $70 for both

10/08/09 rcvd emails: DS3032 accepted

10/08/09 sent I-864

10/09/09 IV bill generated for both cases

10/10/09 Paid IV bill $800 for both

10/13/09 I-864 rcvd by NVC

10/15/09 DS230 mailed to NVC

10/16/09 I-864 accepted & entered into the system

10/19/09 DS230 rcvd by NVC

11/02/09 rcvd checklist emails

11/09/09 sent RFE to NVC via UPS

11/12/09 NVC received RFE

11/19/09 AVR: checklist response rcvd 11/18/09

11/28/09 Log-in failed for both

12/01/09 Case complete as of 11/30/09

12/14/09 rcvd emails of interview date

01/04-05/09 medical @ St.Lukes done

01/11/10 Interview @ USEmbassy Manila 6:30am

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another data point related to names and NBI.

My wife had her intervew yesterday, she passed but must provide a new NBI with her incorrect name placed on it, yes INCORRECT name on it.

Her original birth certificate spelled her last name wrong with an "o" instead of correctly with a "u". In college my wife changed her birth cert to correctly have her name with the "u". She had all of her many NBIs done using her proper name spelled with the "u".

Yesterday after passing the interview the CO said, "oh i see you have a corrected birth certificate, but you don't have NBI from the old original birth cert. I want you to go get another NBI with this spelling of the original birth cert (which has her name spelled incorrectly).

She went immediately out of the Embassy, went and got the NBI done with her wrong name and will deliver it to the Embassy on Monday at 1pm. They are really ridiculous at the Embassy.

Bottom line: get the NBI done in every possible name you have had, even if it was a mis-spelled name!!

- Eric

11/12/08: Married in Illigan City, PH
USCIS Journey:
11/18/08: Mailed in I-130s
11/28/08: I-130s NOA-1 notice
12/11/08: Mailied in I-129f
12/17/08: I-129f NOA-1 notice
02/24/09 I-130 and I-129f NOA2 Received (email notification) NOA2 in 89 days!! and 03/02/09 I-130s and I-129f NOA2 Hard Copy Received in Mail
NVC Journey:
03/03/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130
03/11/2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed (received via email); Emailed DS-3032; IIN# Assigned/Paid AOS Bill (online)
03/12/2009: AOS Fee shows "Paid" / Cover Sheet Available
03/16/2009: IV Fee Bill Generated (online)
03/17/2009: IV Fee Bill shows "Paid" / Cover Sheet Available
03/18/2009: AOS I-864 package received at NVC
03/23/2009: AOS I-864 pkg reviewed and approved at NVC
03/24/2009: IV DS-230 package received at NVC (also recieved an RFE for "not paying" IV Bill. Hello NVC!! It was paid already a week ago!! )
04/10/2009: NVC CASE COMPLETE in 37 days!!
US Consulate Manila, Philippines
05/04-05/09: Medical Exams (Round 1)
01/20/10: Round 2 Medical Exams - DAY 1 complete
01/26/10: Exam Day 2 - Immunizations complete, interview day assigned.
01/28/10: INTERVIEW - missing requirement of NBI with incorrect spelling of family name. NBI "AKA"received same afternoon.
02/01/10: Delivered NBI "AKA" to Embassy.
02/03/10: VISA Approved
02/25/10: POE Honolulu, HI USA.....Transfer to Seattle, WA....
04/10/10: Permanent Residency Card recieved.
04/25/10: SSN received

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ay ang galing ng sayo Magie, kailan lang ang interview mo sa US embassy? pareho lang ang sa atin NBI clearance rin ang kulang ko with AKA na ang format ay family name/name/maiden name AKA old first name which the spelling was been already corrected by the NSO. Noong Dec.15, 2009 ang interview ko sa US embassy pero na send ko ang NBI clearance ko at passport noong Dec.18,2009 but hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong balitang natatanggap para sa visa ko.bakit ganun?can you give me an advice?

maraming salamat!

conmatic lady

MISS CONMATIC LADY,

HOW LONG BAGO MO NA RECEIVED YUNG VISA MO? WE THE SAME ISSUE KASI.

MARAMING SALAMAT.

CHAUNDRA

• 9 months later...
Timeline

Hi ,

I was applying for NBI clearance with AKA and it don't appear also. if you dont mind do you have a scan copy of the NBI with a AKA ? I want to show it to them because some of them here were stupid. I have been to NBI 3 times and I dont get mine :(

Thank you!

Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled and i resumed using my maiden name or the family name of my father. So i secured an NBI clearance with AKA. Its was shown as follows:

Name : " Maiden Name/My Father's family name, First name , mother's maiden

name"

A.K.A : " Married family name, First name, mother's maiden name"

In securing the NBI clearance, inform the staff of the NBI that applicant's previous marriage was annulled and that the applicant is now using the maiden name. Make sure that the NBI is informed that the applicant wants her previous name appears on the Clearance as an alias coz as per my experience, even i filled out the forms indicating I have an alias, the same was not be picked up when they printed it. They have their own way of filling out the form if an alias has to appear on the face of the clearance.

Hi ,

I was applying for NBI clearance with AKA and it don't appear also. if you dont mind do you have a scan copy of the NBI with a AKA ? I want to show it to them because some of them here were stupid. I have been to NBI 3 times and I dont get mine :(

Thank you!

Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled and i resumed using my maiden name or the family name of my father. So i secured an NBI clearance with AKA. Its was shown as follows:

Name : " Maiden Name/My Father's family name, First name , mother's maiden

name"

A.K.A : " Married family name, First name, mother's maiden name"

In securing the NBI clearance, inform the staff of the NBI that applicant's previous marriage was annulled and that the applicant is now using the maiden name. Make sure that the NBI is informed that the applicant wants her previous name appears on the Clearance as an alias coz as per my experience, even i filled out the forms indicating I have an alias, the same was not be picked up when they printed it. They have their own way of filling out the form if an alias has to appear on the face of the clearance.

July 05 2011- form I-129f sent by mail

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

January 13, 2011 - Eligibility Letter Received

April 16 2012-Medical appointment-PASSED!

April 27 2012- Interview-PASSED!

Timeline

Hi ,

Thank you!

Hi ,

Thank you!

They have not been back on the forum in over a year, doubt if you will get a reply from them

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

They have not been back on the forum in over a year, doubt if you will get a reply from them

Hey Hank... how are you? do you have any idea about this. please help.

Thank you

July 05 2011- form I-129f sent by mail

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

January 13, 2011 - Eligibility Letter Received

April 16 2012-Medical appointment-PASSED!

April 27 2012- Interview-PASSED!

Timeline

I am fine... things are moving along quickly now.

All I know is that when you submit your forms to request the NBI you need to list any other names (AKA) on there also. Seems I read you can request the NBI online now, of course they charge more for that but it beats standing in that very long line.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

199389_1607581512746_1332430879_31323667_268318_n.jpg

NBI w/ AKA...

Maiden name aka previous married name...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

You put all names on one request form? Just verifying.

yes my maiden name (after annulment i am single again) AKA previous married name...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• 2 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJFriends. If someone can help me answer my question. Cause my husband said consulate told him to have his nbi put an other name he used which is the AKA. My question is how long for usembassy to review this case? And how long they will issue the visa?

Timeline

Hello VJFriends. If someone can help me answer my question. Cause my husband said consulate told him to have his nbi put an other name he used which is the AKA. My question is how long for usembassy to review this case? And how long they will issue the visa?

Did NBI delivery the NBI with AKA to the embassy already? If so then it can be a few more weeks of being patient. As for how long, no one knows, it varies with each application.

Just be patient.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did NBI delivery the NBI with AKA to the embassy already? If so then it can be a few more weeks of being patient. As for how long, no one knows, it varies with each application.

Just be patient.

Hello Hank, yes he did send his nbi with aka at usem alrdy last week 05/8/14. Called 5/12 yesterday at usem said they alrdy received the documents. Edited by mfcarrasca

Timeline

Hello Hank, yes he did send his nbi with aka at usem alrdy last week 05/8/14. Called 5/12 yesterday at usem said they alrdy received the documents.

It can take a couple weeks after they receive the documents, now with things being so crazy/busy with the Yolanda expedites it could take longer.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.