wvuwvu7

NBI Clearance with AKA

61 posts in this topic

Your process is moving along at the right pace. Your NBI will be adjudicated soon and you will receive your visa. It usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on their workload. It's my recommendation that you wait at least 2 weeks before contacting USEM. If everyone who is going through the process called everyday to see where their visa is, I'm sure you would understand that it will slow the whole process down. This is why they created CEAC, to follow the progress of your visa journey.

I'm sure you will be fine. Keep busy, that usually will help. 1943.gif

Your process is moving along at the right pace. Your NBI will be adjudicated soon and you will receive your visa. It usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on their workload. It's my recommendation that you wait at least 2 weeks before contacting USEM. If everyone who is going through the process called everyday to see where their visa is, I'm sure you would understand that it will slow the whole process down. This is why they created CEAC, to follow the progress of your visa journey.

got my visa already and it takes only 6working days from ap to visa issued then after 4 working days 2go delivered my visa. now im at the us already..:) thank you

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Moved to Philippines forum for best response.

Hi, I had my fiance interview today, all went well except from the additional requirement that they want me to comply,

My case: with annulment of previous marriage

on a K1 Visa Application

The NBI with AKA.

They sent me a letter that looked like this:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME,

REF CASE: MNL**********

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

FROM APPLICANT(S)

- Application Fee

CLEARANCES

- NBI A.K.A. for FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, FATHER'S NAME, PREVIOUS MARRIED SURNAME

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

* SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://supplychain.2go.com.ph. This service is free of charge.

Please register your delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address will result in delayed delivery of your passport and/or visa. To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address. If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consular Officer

WARNING: THE LAW REQUIRES THAT YOUR CASE BE TERMINATED IF YOU TAKE NO ACTION ON THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 1 YEAR.Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL. For inquiries you may send an e-mail to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com or call the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL. For inquiries you may send an e-mail to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com <mailto:support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com> or call the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.
Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled and i resumed using my maiden name or the family name of my father. So i secured an NBI clearance with AKA. Its was shown as follows:

Name : " Maiden Name/My Father's family name, First name , mother's maiden

name"

A.K.A : " Married family name, First name, mother's maiden name"

In securing the NBI clearance, inform the staff of the NBI that applicant's previous marriage was annulled and that the applicant is now using the maiden name. Make sure that the NBI is informed that the applicant wants her previous name appears on the Clearance as an alias coz as per my experience, even i filled out the forms indicating I have an alias, the same was not be picked up when they printed it. They have their own way of filling out the form if an alias has to appear on the face of the clearance.

FATHERS LAST NAME de HUBBYS LAST NAME, FIRST NAME y MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME

they just put the "de" and "y"

I am running low on time, really. So this must be done with utmost care.
I have settled to have maintained the same NBI that I previously send to the embassy interview bearing my NOW SINGLE NAME,
with AKA as GIVEN NAME, MIDDLE NAME, FATHER'S NAME, PREVIOUS MARRIED SURNAME(EX-SPOUSE NAME)
Hope this helps.
By the way,
The process today at embassy: How it went today:
Interview time: (Should be ALWAYS early one hour before the said time)
Incidentally brought my working scissors and asked the guard to please put it to the trash bin

Timeline

Moved to Philippines forum for best response.

Hi, I had my fiance interview today, all went well except from the additional requirement that they want me to comply,

on a K1 Visa Application

The NBI with AKA.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

FROM APPLICANT(S)

- Application Fee

CLEARANCES

- NBI A.K.A. for FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, FATHER'S NAME, PREVIOUS MARRIED SURNAME

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

* SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://supplychain.2go.com.ph. This service is free of charge.

Please register your delivery address online. Failure to designate a delivery address will result in delayed delivery of your passport and/or visa. To register online, click on the “Select Document Delivery Address” link under the Immigrant Visas section of our website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/). Once there, click on the appropriate link to register a delivery address for the first time, or to change an existing delivery address. If you have any question(s) on how to register a delivery address, please contact Manila’s Visa Information and Appointment Service Center at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

Sincerely,

U.S. Consular Officer

WARNING: THE LAW REQUIRES THAT YOUR CASE BE TERMINATED IF YOU TAKE NO ACTION ON THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 1 YEAR.Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL. For inquiries you may send an e-mail to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com or call the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Please be advised that this account is unable to receive messages. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL. For inquiries you may send an e-mail to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com <mailto:support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com> or call the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).

Hi,

My previous marriage was annulled and i resumed using my maiden name or the family name of my father. So i secured an NBI clearance with AKA. Its was shown as follows:

name"

In securing the NBI clearance, inform the staff of the NBI that applicant's previous marriage was annulled and that the applicant is now using the maiden name. Make sure that the NBI is informed that the applicant wants her previous name appears on the Clearance as an alias coz as per my experience, even i filled out the forms indicating I have an alias, the same was not be picked up when they printed it. They have their own way of filling out the form if an alias has to appear on the face of the clearance.

I have settled to have maintained the same NBI that I previously send to the embassy interview bearing my NOW SINGLE NAME,
with AKA as GIVEN NAME, MIDDLE NAME, FATHER'S NAME, PREVIOUS MARRIED SURNAME(EX-SPOUSE NAME)
Hope this helps.
By the way,
Incidentally brought my working scissors and asked the guard to please put it to the trash bin
YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE PERSON TO ACCOMPANY YOU BEFORE YOU GETS IN THE US EMBASSY
Why?
Because you might have brought something important, electronic devices, USB;s, chargers, batteries, mints, (THEY WILL NOT ALLOWED YOU TO BRING THEM IN)
Although there were people in the place that will let you sit comfortably under the clear blue sky but with a certain fee, 30 pesos per seat
There were people who would approach you and offer you to keep your most valued cellphones, Iphones, etc name it.
And because I brought mine, I was initially charged at 200/gadget and I got a bargain at 100 pesos each. Well, before I agreed, I asked the guard on duty at the embassy (frontliner) if there were cases that the gadgets were stolen,. and he said no, They are legit.
Edited by IamAfilipina

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

on a K1 Visa Application

The NBI with AKA.

FROM APPLICANT(S)

- Application Fee

CLEARANCES

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

Sincerely,

U.S. Consular Officer

Hi,

name"

Hope this helps.
By the way,

AKA: NBI must list your name as on your birth certificate and your name when you were MARRIED.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hank, My Fiance Has Her Interview In Manila Next Week But Im Still Confused As To The Required NBI Clearance. Her 1 And Only NBI Clearance Has Her Birth Certificate Name And Her Deceased Husbands Surname On It. It Is Green With Travel Abroad For Purpose And No Derogatory Record In Remarks. Does She Still Need Another NBI Clearance For When She Was Single...Prior To Marriage Or Will The One She Has Be Adequate For Interview?

Timeline

Hank, My Fiance Has Her Interview In Manila Next Week But Im Still Confused As To The Required NBI Clearance. Her 1 And Only NBI Clearance Has Her Birth Certificate Name And Her Deceased Husbands Surname On It. It Is Green With Travel Abroad For Purpose And No Derogatory Record In Remarks. Does She Still Need Another NBI Clearance For When She Was Single...Prior To Marriage Or Will The One She Has Be Adequate For Interview?

Don't think another NBI is needed. She should be fine, as the NBI has both names on it. As long as it isn't older than 6 months from issued.

POLICE REPORT (NBI Clearance). Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance (for travel abroad purposes) from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year after its issuance date. NBI’s website is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help! I'm freaking out right now. I just got an email from US Embassy Manila for my mom stating all the requirements she will need to take with her on her interview. One of it really catches my attention and making me worried. It stated

CLEARANCES

- National Bureau of Investigations (NBI) Clearance issued within the past 12 months for LUISA CASTOR EMBILE with NBI A.K.A. for MARIA LUISA PAHUWAY CASTOR EMBILE.

The name with "Maria" is what appeared on her Certified birth cert from NSO. We had it fixed though. I paid lawyer and did all the legal procedures to fix it and change it to the name she used for her 59 years of existence.

If I ask her to go get a NBI clearance with AKA, i don't think it'll make it on her interview which is next week (May 26,2016) I'm worried they might send her home and come back when she gets one with AKA

What should I do? Please help!!!!!

06/22/2015 - Sent I-130 (Mother)

06/25/2015 - Priority Date

06/29/2015 - Received a text from USCIS case is received

07/25/2015 - Received NOA1

11/04/2015 - I-130 approved

11/09/2015 - Received NOA2

12/16/2015 - Case sent to Dept of State

12/21/2015 - NVC received my case for visa processing

01/09/2016 - NVC Welcome Letter Received

01/09/2016 - Paid AOS fee and selected agent

01/13/2016 - Reviewed DS-261 over the phone

01/14/2016 - Recieved invoice for IV fee

01/15/2016 - Paid IV fee

01/19/2016 - Mailed financial/supporting documents to NVC

01/20/2016 - Submitted DS-260

01/22/2016 - Email notification from NVC that they received the financial/supporting documents

02/29/2016 - Email checklist from NVC

03/09/2016 - Responded to NVC checklist (mailed)

03/15/2016 - Additional document received by NVC (another 30-45 days wait...ugh!!!!)

04/12/2016 - Case complete...waiting for interview/medical schedule

04/14/2016 - Received email for Mom's interview schedule, 26th of May

04/24/2016 - Registered Online for upcoming Medical exam appointment, May 11, 2016

05/11/2016 - Medical exam. Passed

05/26/2016 - Interview. Under administrative review.

06/09/2016 - Visa Issued

06/15/2016 - Received text notification from 2go for visa delivery

06/17/2016 - Visa received on hand

06/28/2016 - PDOS seminar

07/17/2016 - Mom's flight to USA ???

Timeline

You should have time, my mom asked for NBI clearance with AKA it would have been release the same day if she doesn't have hit. It always takes her a week to get her NBI because of the HIT. Just make sure they print the AKA since they missed it the first time we applied.

By the way do you need to bring police clearance other than NBI clearance?

Timeline

You should have time, my mom asked for NBI clearance with AKA it would have been release the same day if she doesn't have hit. It always takes her a week to get her NBI because of the HIT. Just make sure they print the AKA since they missed it the first time we applied.

By the way do you need to bring police clearance other than NBI clearance?

Police clearance is not needed as long as she have an NBI. She had a HIT on her NBI the first time she tried to get one. But that was clear up. She renewed again last March and for the same reason she was asked to come back instead of releasing it the same day. ugh very frustrating

01/15/2016 - Paid IV fee

01/22/2016 - Email notification from NVC that they received the financial/supporting documents

03/15/2016 - Additional document received by NVC (another 30-45 days wait...ugh!!!!)

04/24/2016 - Registered Online for upcoming Medical exam appointment, May 11, 2016

06/09/2016 - Visa Issued

Timeline

Oh no! Sorry to hear! yeah sad to say they have to renew NBI that way all the time like my mom it will take at least a week. Hope your mom can go to NBI ASAP and get one. Otherwise reschedule interview maybe an option then.(I found it easy actually i tried to reschedule mom's sooner but didn't push through the changes because of the same NBI issue).I'm glad they gave you notice

Timeline

A short one. Good thing my mom knew someone from NBI. I asked her to go yesterday and she said she was asked by her friend to come back on Tuesday as it will be ready for her by then. I hope it'll be ready by Tuesday. She will be flying Wednesday to Manila for her interview the next day. Ugh! This gives me nothingness but stress since day one :( but I'm glad it's almost over

01/15/2016 - Paid IV fee

06/09/2016 - Visa Issued

Timeline

A short one. Good thing my mom knew someone from NBI. I asked her to go yesterday and she said she was asked by her friend to come back on Tuesday as it will be ready for her by then. I hope it'll be ready by Tuesday. She will be flying Wednesday to Manila for her interview the next day. Ugh! This gives me nothingness but stress since day one :( but I'm glad it's almost over

That is great news! Hope the NBI arrives quickly. :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you Hank!!! And thank you everyone! I guess I will have to wait and see next week. Crossing my fingers for a better news after all the hassles :P.

01/15/2016 - Paid IV fee

06/09/2016 - Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.