The_Sage1

Intent to marry letter

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've heard a few people mention something of bringing a letter of intent to marry to the consulate. I'm not sure if it's needed or not. I thought the USCIS was the only one that needed it.

I've heard a few people mention something of bringing a letter of intent to marry to the consulate. I'm not sure if it's needed or not. I thought the USCIS was the only one that needed it.

You include the letter of intent to marry in your original I-129F packet, and then simply print out the same letter of intent from your computer and sign/date it right B4 your girl goes to the Visa interview. She takes it there with your I-134 Affidavit of Support and ITR's. The consulate wants to see your signed statement to marry updated so they know your plans are still on track. Good Luck.

ps, No need to notarize the letter of intent to marry. Don't let any of the 'Anxious Alberts' here tell you differently. Not needed.

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Follow the K-1 Visa Guide for details of what is likely needed - works better than hearing things second-hand. You will want to both have new letters of intent for the Visa Interview.

Also, see Example Forms section for an example 'Fiance Letter of Intent.'

Follow the K-1 Visa Guide for details of what is likely needed - works better than hearing things second-hand. You will want to both have new letters of intent for the Visa Interview.

Also, see Example Forms section for an example 'Fiance Letter of Intent.'

It's so simple Otto, both Petitioner and Beneficiary sign and date the letter of intent to marry for the initial packet, then update their letters of intent for the visa interview. It's what we all do! One of the most simplest requirements to meet. THat's what the community is here for. Guides are great, but impersonal. If no second hand info is useful, then what are we all doing here giving input and advice? :wacko:

Edited by Hopp

Timeline

Hi!!! :innocent:

I also heard about the renewed letter of intent to marry. I asked the attorney who handled our case and said it's not needed anymore. I had my interview last NOv.13 and it was not asked from me. But, if you wanted to be sure then make a new copy of it.. anyways as they say it's better to be sure than sorry..

Good luck and bless us all!! :star::star:

wedding day: 12-23-2009

submitted our AOS: 01-27-2010

docs received by uscis: 01-29-2010

signed by: chiba

Ed'sKai ®

I also heard about the renewed letter of intent to marry. I asked the attorney who handled our case and said it's not needed anymore. I had my interview last NOv.13 and it was not asked from me. But, if you wanted to be sure then make a new copy of it.. anyways as they say it's better to be sure than sorry..

Why wouldn't the couple just DO IT and not contemplate it?? Just print out the same letter at time of I-129F application, and both sign and date their letters again at visa interview time. DONE and no worries. This task is so simple!

Edited by Hopp

Timeline

Why wouldn't the couple just DO IT and not contemplate it?? Just print out the same letter at time of I-129F application, and both sign and date their letters again at visa interview time. DONE and no worries. This task is so simple!

. Actually I don't have photo copies of our original intent to marry letters. Should we just write a new one, sign and date it?

. Actually I don't have photo copies of our original intent to marry letters. Should we just write a new one, sign and date it?

Sure. The essence of the letter simply says that you intend to marry your fiancee within 90 days of her arriving in the USA. She signs and dates the same letter. The wording is not so important as your message, if that makes sense. Good Luck!

Timeline

We just had our interview on Dec 2nd. We had our letters of intent, Chat logs, and even my fiances wedding dress receipt and they never asked for any of those items. Focus on remembering things they actually care about like your appointment letter and affidavit of support papers.

2009-09-17 I-129F Sent

2009-09-19 I-129F Arrival at the VSC via USPS (Priority)

2009-09-21 NA01

2009-09-30 Submitted paperwork to expedite

2009-10-08 Expedite request rejected :(

2009-10-16 NAO2 Approved!

2009-10-20 NVC Received

2009-10-22 NVC Sent to Manila

2009-12-02 Interview Passed

2009-12-08 Visa Received

2009-12-14 CFO Seminar

2009-12-15 U.S Arrival (POE Detroit)

Visit my Fiance's Blog at www.filamlovestory.com

Timeline

You can use the same letter you sent to the USCIS (if you saved on the PC!) just change the date close to her interview date.

You can use the same letter you sent to the USCIS (if you saved on the PC!) just change the date close to her interview date.

Yup change the date and addressee. First letters were addressed to USCIS/DHS, the second ones to DOS (if example form is used).

Timeline

We had our interview last Nov 23. I brought with me the letters of intent to marry with a date close to the interview date and addressed to the US embassy manila. It were signed by me and my fiance, however, were not asked during the interview. Indeed it is one of the documents required, so better bring it during the interview.

Please visit our website and make a difference in the lives of the children.www.gracegeneralsantos.org

We just had our interview on Dec 2nd. We had our letters of intent, Chat logs, and even my fiances wedding dress receipt and they never asked for any of those items. Focus on remembering things they actually care about like your appointment letter and affidavit of support papers.

Wow, that's great for your case, but for many couples the letters of intent are important evidence of engagement and genuine relationship and IS asked for.

Again, the marriage intent letters are so simple to sign and date. Not taking the minimal effort to include them will likely indicate that the couple did not make much of an effort in other areas of the petition.

We always go into the visa interview with more evidence that may be asked for. And it wont matter once Pinay gets the pink, cuz thatz all that matters at that point, right? Cheers.

Timeline

hey guys do you think he might be talking about the letter that the parents have to give her for the class???? If she is under 24 years old stating that it is ok for her to go overseas to marry? I know that one has to be notorized!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

hey guys do you think he might be talking about the letter that the parents have to give her for the class???? If she is under 24 years old stating that it is ok for her to go overseas to marry? I know that one has to be notorized!!!

No sir, I was indeed talking about the "Intent to marry" within 90 days letter that you include in the 129F and then update the same letters just before embassy interview time. But you are absolutely correct that the Parental Consent letter you refer to must be notarized.

Here is another tip: Go to the City Hall building in the Phils (every town has one) and go to the 'Civil Registrars' desk. Ask for the CFO permission form for your young fiancee (small fee required). The registrar signs it, her parent signs it and get it notarized with the aforementioned parental letter. Those CFO nuns can be VERY strict, so having this specific CFO form gives you more ammo to blast thru any of their bureaucracy and unreasonable demands. Good Luck. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.