Nik+Heather

Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off [merged threads]

322 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in the Baltimore area and this is what I am also finding out. They seem to be unaware that they do not need to do a physical for AOS for K1 or they simply don't want to know. I will try Dr. Anchors.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2018 at 3:24 PM, Skyfaring said:

Hey! An update here. I tried to call Dr Steinberg a couple of times and her number is disconnected, so she may not be practising anymore, although I'm not sure. I called around and found that most Maryland Civil Surgeons want to do a full medical and refuse a vaccination transcription.

I did find...

Dr. J Anchors

16220 Frederick Road Suite 210

Gaithersburg MD 20877

301-990-6061

They've said they'll charge $60 for the transcription only. I'll update once I've been! 

Sorry this is late - Dr Anchors and his sister who runs the office were brilliant and only charged $30 for the transcription. They knew what they were doing and have the cutest office.

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 2/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, jesstanga said:

Someone has experiences with civil surgeon in Virginia (Norfolk or close)? It would be great have some tips! Thank you!

This thread is for posting information, not inquiring. :)  Start at the last page here and search backwards.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 25/04/2018 at 4:28 PM, gabriele85_k1 said:

Florida
Lourdes de Armas MD
Dr. Lourdes De Armas-Benitez
8823 San Jose Boulevard Suite 201
Jacksonville FL 32217
904-513-1688
150 $
3 days wait 

This doctor above said on the phone that he could do it but eventually I chose this doctor that was closer:
Dr. Luis Anez
9765 San Jose Boulevard Suite 102
Jacksonville FL 32257
 904-260-5757
150 $
3 days wait, after I paid and had a basic examination (not required but they would not fill the form without at least doing that) I had to return the day after and wait there for about 1h while they filled the form.
Even though as first thing I showed them the USCIS guidelines that say that I do not need a new medical and that they only have to fill parts 6 and 9 and let me sign in front of them part 2, they filled also the other parts of the form (probably to avoid to be sued in case of problems) and they added in the remarks section of part 7 and part 9 "PATIENT REFUSED ALL REQUIRED SERVICES FOR EXAM.".
Hope it's fine..!!

PS. I brought my own I-693 form already filled in the parts that were up to me to complete but they copied them into a new form.

Edited by gabriele85_k1

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I went to Dr. Anchors (16220 Frederick Rd # 210, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, (301) 990-6061) and paid $160 for the exam and the required tests.

I can highly recommend him.

The other doctors I called in the DC metropolitan area were charging around $300-500 (every test added up).

Edited by Gonzala

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

Anyone in the San Fernando Valley or in the Los Angeles requiring a USCIS CIVIL SURGEON should visit this office 

FMC= Family Medical Center On victory Blvd in Van Nuys, Ca.    14547 Victory Blvd

(818)997-3232

This doctor most of his patients are immigration Medical Exams and they are accurate and fast. $199.00 exam without vaccination and $299.00 including Vaccination MMR, TD. 

Dr. Ram and the Nursing staff were awesome. Even the doctor told my wife, don't worry, we know how to fill out the forms, this is all what we do all day. results in three days from taking TB skin test. Sealed envelope handed to you plus a copy of the test results for your own records. 

Edited by Mmagic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/1/2009 at 7:20 PM, Nik+Heather said:

Like others, Nik and I have struck out when trying to find (or even get to talk to someone!!) a CS who will transcribe the vaccinations without charging an arm and a leg.

I know there are some of you out there who have had some luck finding a CS who doesn't rip you off, but the experiences are scattered all over the place. Also, as was mentioned in another thread, maybe it's time the VJ community got together and used our experiences in this aspect to help each other out.

I think a pinned thread with a summary post every now and again is the best way, but SunDrop is trying something different - hopefully we can combine our collections!!

So, please let us know if you've found a good CS!

I would like to share very professional civil surgeon's contacts who did my medical for AOS many times a

Florida

City/ Town: Palm beach

Date of Service: 1/18/2018

CS Name: Dr. Phanor Calle, MD Board Certified Internal Medicine

CS Tel. no: (954)385-9711

Cost: $300 (All package + flu vaccination)

Turnaround time: 3-4 days

I would also like to share very unprofessional and unreliable surgeon's contacts because of whom my green card had been denied (you can check out my story in my profile)

Florida

City/ Town: Hollywood

Date of Service: 12/18/2016

CS Name: Dr. Genriyetta Rozenblat, DO - Primary Care General Doctor. VIP Medical Center

CS Tel. no: 954-246-0070

Cost: $190 (All package without vaccination and tuberculosis test)

Turnaround time: 5 days

• 2 months later...

NOVA AREA (MARYLAND):
Dr. Anchors

16220 Frederick Road Suite 210

Gaithersburg MD 20877

301-990-6061

$60 to just transcribe the vaccinations form onto the I-693.

The whole story now:

I live in DC and tried to find a civil surgeon that was ok to just transcribe my vaccinations form. None of them wanted, I needed the full exam with blood test and all, for at least $400... I kept reading them the USCIS instructions form, they didn't care, they all gave me different excuses "You're a new patient" (ok and then?!), "rules in the US are not like in your country" (I'm reading the rules written by USCIS, not the rules from my country...).

ANYWAY, I saw Dr Anchors name on this forum and decided to give a try and call (which means a total of  3 hours of public transportation back and forth...). I asked the receptionist, she said they were doing it, without the medical exam and it costs $160- which was odd to me since I read $60 here. I called on a Tuesday and had my appointment for a week later. The day before the visit, Judy, the receptionist called me as a reminder and told me to drink a lot of water. I asked why, I mean I don't need to drink plenty of water to look at a doctor transcribing my vaccinations form onto another one... And boom, she tells me I'm doing the full exam. My interview is soon so no time for trying other doctors, I went to my appointment but with the I-693 instructions. When I arrived, I told the receptionnist I didn't need the  full exam, I showed her the USCIS instructions she didn't care until a woman came in and said I was right and I didn't need the full exam (that smile I did to Judy...). No idea who is this woman, she works there because she's the one who transcribed everything but she's a SAINT. She was really nice,, friendly worked fast and effective. And at the end it did cost me $60 and not $160.

So if you call  Dr. Anchors, and you end up with the receptionist, she will tell you you need the full exam, but once at the office, you'll have someone who knows the rules and will help you. 

Edited by Tacotacotaco

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/2/2012 at 11:28 AM, LeilaLyn said:

Will be amazing if this post is sticky, so people can check this before call 10000000000000000 Civil Surgeons as i did from PA to Albany!! :P

Industrial Medicine Associates

1762 Central Avenue, 2nd floor, Suite 202, Albany, NY 12205

(800) 897-5252

they have more than one surgeon, and they charged me 27 dollars for the vaccination transcript

Good Luck!

too late I already called but better late than never thank you! $25 can't beat that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My husband had his physical done in England in March of 2018.  He was missing one MMR which he received in England but after his immigration physical was completed.  While all of the literature seems to indicate that we only needed vaccine transcription on the I-693, we could not find any civil surgeons in the Indianapolis area who were willing to do this.  

I called several offices listed on the registry.  Some civil surgeons had retired, others had resigned.  I had two calls that quoted me in the $450-500 range.  Both said labs would be extra.

I finally had luck with Community Hospital's MedCheck in Castleton.  Dr. Sajiv Alex was the civil surgeon we used.  The cost of the exam was $220 which included the baseline labs needed for the physical.  My husband had received the BCG vaccine in England as a child and reacted to the TB skin test that was placed at the new physical, so we also had to pay for a chest x-ray 48 hours later at a cost of $84.  We had previously provided the clinic the CD of his x-ray from England, but they said they could not read it.

My understanding from reading through other VJ stories from Indianapolis is that there is a MedCheck in the Speedway area that also does immigration physicals (west side of Indy), so I would anticipate the pricing would be the same there.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 3/19/2010 at 5:46 PM, Waheed and Kris said:

Illinois (+3 recommendations)

City/ Town: Joliet

Date of Service: 11/05/09

CS Name: Physicians Immediate Care - Chicago

CS Tel. no: Ph: (815) 823-8800, Fax: (815) 729-2178 (1360 Houbolt Road Joliet, IL 60431)

Cost: $25 (Just for transcription - all vacc. up to date)

Vaccine Transcription only available: y

Turnaround time: Same day appt.

I just took my husband to this facility for a full medical, transcription of vaccinations, TB test, Blood test and paperwork. $245.00 He will go back on Monday to have his TB test read and his medical exam. The staff that handles immigration is very helpful and made us feel at ease. We strongly recommend this facility.

Hi so you just walked in without an Appt or Should we schedule an appt? Also, is it necessary to do full physical exam when the beneficiary already did it 2 months ago in their country? it would suck if we have to pay almost $300 again:(

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

For anyone in the Lexington/Louisville, KY area:

Concentra Health Services Inc
Dr. Richard Ramirez

2424 Sir Barton Way Suite 175

Lexington KY 40509
 859-233-4882

They only charge $40 for transferring vaccination record and filling out Form I-693. No medical exam.

• 1 month later...

After calling and checking here I went for this and it was the cheapest in houston, I called over 20 places

Houston Travel Medicine Clinic

St. Joseph Professional Building

2000 Crawford St, Ste 1105 houston TX 77002

713-652.4900

I didn’t have a vaccine record so I paid 300 dollars for the medical exam TB test and sealed envelope then went to the Harris County Public Health Humble Clinic and got the 4 required vaccines Tdap MMR Varicella and Influenza all for only 22 dollars

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.