54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
You need to find out why they denied the K-3 before you move forward with the CR-1 or more than likely they will deny the CR-1 as well.

It seems you over looked one of her previous post (oh yeah still cant get a response from the embassy stating why they came to this decision they never answer their phones - im going to call as soon as they open )

Give the lady some useful information !

That is useful information - If the issues with I-129 are not resolved then the I-130 can be denied too. :blink:

THey need to recall verbatim what happened during the interview, all the questions asked and that usually gives the interviewee a fair idea about why they were denied.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have tried everything and everyway I can think of to find out why my case was sent back to USCIS. Two weeks ago after being transferred to four different people I have the same response as from the Embassy when USCIS reviews the case then and only then I can find out the reason if the case is reaffirmed I may never know the reason. I have spoken with many sympathetic people but still nothing.......I hope you have better luck.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we have not been able to reach the embassy and as far as the dos goes i have to file a freedom of information act to get the notes the consular officer wrote in the file and the nvc wont be help yet cuz the case has not reached them yet.. khalid is going to the embassy monday and demanding a reason this was done to us.. the dos admitted he has the right to know but not telling us saying it is classified information

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am sorry that things are so complicated, but as you can tell by the research you are doing, you have an uphill climb. . .it CAN be corrected. Have you contacted the attorney they recommeded? (Ellis)

My husband is also Pakistani and though we interviewed in Canada, we were placed in AP through ISL for seven months. From reading your posts and comparing it to the data I found while researching during my own husband's AP, you guys had several relationship "red flags" (when dealing with Pak) to overcome.

Think about the following questions, answer if you wish or just consider them and think of ways you/your husband can overcome them in future interviews or when the USCIS gives you time to appeal:

It seems like it is possible you will be able to get your CR1 interview scheduled (you should confirm this with someone like Attorney Ellis) and bring in supplemental evidence. Is there any way for you to attend the interview if he gets the cr1 scheduled?

How did you first meet?

How long was your courtship?

When/How did you meet in person?

What proof of meeting/courtship/real relationship did you submit the first time? What else could you add?

Was your husband ever previously married? (this one was REALLY important in our case and caused our AP)

How does your husband feel about your previous marriage/children?

How does his family feel about the marriage?

Timeline

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SPEAK WITH A LIVE PERSON AT THE US EMBASSY ISLAMABAD !!! So .. here's a tip on how to reach someone live... dial ...92 51 208 2700 then 1 for English then 4 to enter an extension then my husband and I have figured out that the extensions begin with 2100, 21.. etc. Good luck reaching someone.

event.png

event.png

Timeline
I am sorry that things are so complicated, but as you can tell by the research you are doing, you have an uphill climb. . .it CAN be corrected. Have you contacted the attorney they recommeded? (Ellis)

My husband is also Pakistani and though we interviewed in Canada, we were placed in AP through ISL for seven months. From reading your posts and comparing it to the data I found while researching during my own husband's AP, you guys had several relationship "red flags" (when dealing with Pak) to overcome.

Think about the following questions, answer if you wish or just consider them and think of ways you/your husband can overcome them in future interviews or when the USCIS gives you time to appeal:

It seems like it is possible you will be able to get your CR1 interview scheduled (you should confirm this with someone like Attorney Ellis) and bring in supplemental evidence. Is there any way for you to attend the interview if he gets the cr1 scheduled?

How did you first meet? we met online

How long was your courtship? very short

When/How did you meet in person? i bought a plane ticket to the UK when my temporary job ended and we had a religious ceremony at a mosque there because we are of the belief that we should not have a relationship without a marriage

What proof of meeting/courtship/real relationship did you submit the first time? What else could you add? visa pages on our passports, tickets, phone and email records i think.. i could add affadavits from many ppl who know how much i love this man and need him and who know how much we are on the phone and that he is my best friend as well as my husband

Was your husband ever previously married? (this one was REALLY important in our case and caused our AP) yes he was and that was the one rfe the embassy made - they wanted him to submit the marriage certificate

How does your husband feel about your previous marriage/children? that i should not talk to my ex unless it has to do with the kids directly and he loves them.. he plays games online with my 8 and 9 yr olds and draws pictures with them online and listens to them read stories and comforts them when they are scared at night

How does his family feel about the marriage? they were not happy when he called them from the UK and mentioned he was going to marry a woman who was divorced with children and had recently embraced islam

who is this attorney ellis ? i cannot afford an attorney at this time.. i wish i could

event.png

event.png

Timeline

ok well my husband went to the embassy today and got this answer:

the embassy thinks im still married to my ex husband !!!

i want to pull my hair out

i cant believe this

my ex husband is re married and has a new baby

this is preposterous

this will be cake to prove

inshallah

but we have to wait another year at least to be reunited because of this

i filed a complaint with the office of the inspector general of the dept of state today about the embassy - the consular/visa officer in charge of our case there

dont know if they will even follow through with it

but i vented

i sent a freedom of information act request today to the dos to get the consular notes on our case

please pray for us

salaams to all of u

event.png

event.png

ok well my husband went to the embassy today and got this answer:

the embassy thinks im still married to my ex husband !!!

i want to pull my hair out

i cant believe this

my ex husband is re married and has a new baby

this is preposterous

this will be cake to prove

inshallah

but we have to wait another year at least to be reunited because of this

i filed a complaint with the office of the inspector general of the dept of state today about the embassy - the consular/visa officer in charge of our case there

dont know if they will even follow through with it

but i vented

i sent a freedom of information act request today to the dos to get the consular notes on our case

please pray for us

salaams to all of u

The consulate doesn't 'think'...they simply have information to that extent and it hasn't been disproved. They see that you've been married, but do not have info taht marriage being 'dissolved'. They do not have your divorce decree. You must have provided it in your initial petition, but it may have gotten lost. The consulate should have requested this information of you at the time the AP was issued, if this was missing information did they request any further documents from your husband after the interview?

Have you contacted the consulate via e-mail? The website lists the following email pakivinfo@state.gov for the "Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in Islamabad. Perhaps they may answer e-mails more expediently than phone calls.

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The website lists the following email pakivinfo@state.gov for the "Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in Islamabad. Perhaps they may answer e-mails more expediently than phone calls.

haha, nope they don't.

fatima--The time will make it more difficult than you think. If I were you I would keep faxing/calling/emailing Pakistan with information about your divorce *hopefully* that is really all it is.

If you can stop it from actually being transferred back to the US you can save time. How many certified copies of the divorce decree do you have and how many can you get?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Keep the case at the embassy. Provide the divorce decree ASAP.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I thought the OP received e-mail response from the IV unit that they've returned the petition stateside with a recommendation to revoke? I don't remember if its been done, but fatima have you contacted your representatives...senator, congressman? Maybe they can assist in keeping the petition (if it hasn't left the consulate already) with the consulate in Pakistan.

You can also find a wealth of information (I think much of what you posted here) in the pinned topic in the VJ MENA sub-forum.

Returning Petitions to the United States via 221g is the name of the thread. It is filled with useful information.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fatima.. I am so sorry that this happened to you but at least now you know what the problem is. I bet that is such a relief. But I just wanted to say good luck with this and I am so glad to be friends. Take care and Insha'Allah all will be resolved soon.

Allah Hafiz and Eid Mubarak.

~Tara

Zaheer - 25 ; Tara - 26 ;

Married - 01/25/09; Stevie Zainab Ahmed - born 03-18-2010

OUR TIMELINE

03-18-2009 ----- Sent I-130 to USA

03-23-2009 ----- Father sent I-130 to USCIS

03-25-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-130

04-02-2009 ----- Money Order Cashed

04-13-2009 ----- NOA1 Received

04-27-2009 ----- USCIS Received I-129F packet

05-12-2009 ----- NOA1 for I-129F received

08-28-2009 ----- Approval Notices for I-130 and I-129F

09-15-2009 ----- Received Packet 3.5 from NVC

09-26-2009 ----- Sent Packet 3.5 to Embassy

09-30-2009 ----- Interview Appt Letter Received

10-13-2009 ----- Medical Exam @ 2:30pm in Lahore

10-26-2009 ----- Interview Scheduled

10-26-2009 ----- Embassy Closed, reschedule

11-02-2009 ----- Rescheduled Interview - Passed; AP

11-02-2009 ----- Administrative Processing Begins..........

04-23-2010 ----- AP Finished

04-24-2010 ----- Visa Arrives via SpeedEx

05-06-2010 ----- US Entry (Insha'Allah) JFK Airport POE

05-07-2010 ----- Flight from NY to West Palm Beach, FL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Advanced Thanks Giving day to everyone

NATURALIZATION Timelines.
09-23-2013 N-400 Sent
09-25-2013 N-400 Delivered
09-26-2013 Priority Date
10-1-2013 Acceptance Email/Text
10-1-2013 Check Cashed
10-04-2013 Received Receipt
10-7-2013 Finger Print Letter received
10-28-2013 Finger Print Date
10-29-2013 Status Changed to Inline for interview
11-06-2013 Interview scheduled
11-09-2013 Interview Letter Received
11-25-2013 Yellow Letter to bring Drivers License,
12-12-13. Interview Date /// Approved
12-16-2013 In-line for oath Scheduling
4-16-2014 Text/Email that Scheduled For oath ceremony
4-19-2014 Received Oath Letter
5-16-2014 , Oath Ceremony, I am a New Citizen. Thanks Allah.
Notice to everyone reading my Naturalization Timeline
That it took me 5 months to have oath after the interview is only because i requested for a name change,
this is what delayed my case by months

4th Sep 2009 Interview ISL Embassy
Administrative Processing Starts
28 April 2010 AP completed just out of blue.
30 April 2010 Visa received

21 Months Total from start to VISA received

8 Months in AP TOTAL 239 Days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.