VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
H & R
K1 Visa
Japan
Eva & Manuel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Mickael & Maki
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Japan
josh owens & mary rose caccam
K1 Visa
Philippines
Stephen & Martyna
K1 Visa
Austria
blank avatarK & N
K1 Visa
Ireland
Michael & Kelsey
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarDiana & Alec
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarV & S
K1 Visa
Japan

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarVeronica & Gerada
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Jamaica
blank avatarD & M
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Egypt
Nicholas & Selena
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarMai & Clifford
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarDavid & Salvador
K1 Visa
Brazil
Alexander & Maria
K1 Visa
Spain
blank avatarAmanda & Jhalil
K1 Visa
Netherlands
Joey & Diana
K1 Visa
Belarus
blank avatarDavid & Azhar
K1 Visa
Kazakhstan
blank avatarAdam & Treena
K1 Visa
Singapore
blank avatarMarcel & Lourdes
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Mexico
blank avatarL & J
K1 Visa
Canada
Diana & Niall
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarFrank & Sharen
K1 Visa
Philippines

• Please log in to reply

I-130 (F4) Processing Steps

#1 asit9

asit9

• Pip

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

My sister filed I-130 petition for me....My country of Birth is India, currently am living in Canada.

2004 - I-130 sent
2004 - received Receipt Notice from USCIS
July-2009 - received letter with following update

"Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you...."

Can somebody tell me what does pending standard processing mean? and what are the next steps?

#2 TayRivers

TayRivers

Hide & Seek

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (asit9 @ Aug 11 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My sister filed I-130 petition for me....My country of Birth is India, currently am living in Canada.

2004 - I-130 sent
2004 - received Receipt Notice from USCIS
July-2009 - received letter with following update

"Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you...."

Can somebody tell me what does pending standard processing mean? and what are the next steps?

Once the I-130 is approved by USCIS it will be sent to NVC for processing. Have a read of the Guide for NVC it has lots of good info about what happen at NVC.

http://www.visajourn...nal_Visa_Center

#3 seattleguy

seattleguy

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

I sent I-130 for my brother in mid 2005. I got a letter from USCIS saying it was approved. But on USCIS website it says the application is still pending. I called them they said it was approved and it hasn't been updated in the system.
Since yours was sent in 2004 I guess there is a lot of chances it has been approved. Your sister might have received the letter. The best way to find out is to call them with your USCIS case no.

As far as I know you still have to wait for 5 years to get a visa from NVC. NVC is processing applications filed prior to 22 Feb 1999. They will contact your sister asking for the documents such as I- 864 when your application is current

Anyways goodluck.

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.