thetreble

Most Customer Friendly US Bank?

44 posts in this topic

Yeah like that's what I mean, Deadpool. The rules that they change once a merger has happened but it's in the fine print.

It's not the stuff like, "Your online login will be the same" because that is WELL communicated.

It's the " You used to have free savings but now there is a minimum limit you have to keep in there without charge"

I may not like the limits and/or monthly charges that Canadian banks use, but at least they're upfront about it and tell you right on their damn website. Finding useful information on Chase's website is like expecting a deeply philosophical discussion in World of Warcraft. :P

Come on, now. You just aren't looking in the right places. Barrens has some of the most thought-provoking discussions I've ever come across online...

This discussion has me concerned, though. My fiance's bank is/was WaMu and though he has mentioned the switch (and how irritated he was that all of his account numbers changed and he didn't know the new numbers), he didn't mention any other changes. I wonder if he just isn't aware?

That's interesting... none of my account numbers changed. I wonder why his did. I'd have him check over his account data very carefully and if he finds anything the least bit questionable, call Chase.

That's interesting indeed. Both his checking and his savings account's numbers changed when his branch started to do the switch...

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah like that's what I mean, Deadpool. The rules that they change once a merger has happened but it's in the fine print.

It's not the stuff like, "Your online login will be the same" because that is WELL communicated.

It's the " You used to have free savings but now there is a minimum limit you have to keep in there without charge"

I may not like the limits and/or monthly charges that Canadian banks use, but at least they're upfront about it and tell you right on their damn website. Finding useful information on Chase's website is like expecting a deeply philosophical discussion in World of Warcraft. :P

Come on, now. You just aren't looking in the right places. Barrens has some of the most thought-provoking discussions I've ever come across online...

This discussion has me concerned, though. My fiance's bank is/was WaMu and though he has mentioned the switch (and how irritated he was that all of his account numbers changed and he didn't know the new numbers), he didn't mention any other changes. I wonder if he just isn't aware?

That's interesting... none of my account numbers changed. I wonder why his did. I'd have him check over his account data very carefully and if he finds anything the least bit questionable, call Chase.

That's interesting indeed. Both his checking and his savings account's numbers changed when his branch started to do the switch...

Were his accounts new? I've had my accounts for nearly two decades. If his accounts are newer, maybe they changed them? I don't know. None of it really makes much sense.

Were his accounts new? I've had my accounts for nearly two decades. If his accounts are newer, maybe they changed them? I don't know. None of it really makes much sense.

Whew. I did ask him about it. He's had the accounts for about half a decade, and when they went to switch over the accounts, he learned that his dad was still listed from when he first signed up with the bank. In order to remove the other name, I guess they had to switch all of the account numbers (or likely, reopen new accounts, same details, etc?).

So although related to the switch, not caused by. :wacko:

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Timeline

Whew. I did ask him about it. He's had the accounts for about half a decade, and when they went to switch over the accounts, he learned that his dad was still listed from when he first signed up with the bank. In order to remove the other name, I guess they had to switch all of the account numbers (or likely, reopen new accounts, same details, etc?).

How old is your husband? It sounds like he had a custodial account, where his dad was the primary holder.

When switching accounts he probably had to close the old account and make a new one. That would explain the different account number. I did that years ago with WaMu (I had a money market account and switched to a platinum savings account) and Fidelity Investments.

So long as Chase isn't extracting money from his accounts and everything "seems okay," you're probably all right. Once again, I'd recommend keeping a sharp eye on Chase -- especially if your husband has ANY account type besides a free checking account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know all you WaMu customers might beg to differ - but Chase is a great bank in NYC. It's on every corner. I am very impressed by their service and features and convenience.

I guess it's all relative. For me, convenience is the most important thing. They are located 2 blocks from my house and like I said on every corner in Manhattan. I wouldn't go with any other bank here.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
I know all you WaMu customers might beg to differ - but Chase is a great bank in NYC. It's on every corner. I am very impressed by their service and features and convenience.

I guess it's all relative. For me, convenience is the most important thing. They are located 2 blocks from my house and like I said on every corner in Manhattan. I wouldn't go with any other bank here.

I'm sure Chase is a good bank. However, with most businesses, the problem lies with communication and the employees themselves. In that respect, I think Chase did a poor job with me. For others that may have not been the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
But, again, I can't get into USAA as I don't have a referal or I'm not military so why suggest that option? :lol:

you can always join the military :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

How old is your husband? It sounds like he had a custodial account, where his dad was the primary holder.

When switching accounts he probably had to close the old account and make a new one. That would explain the different account number. I did that years ago with WaMu (I had a money market account and switched to a platinum savings account) and Fidelity Investments.

So long as Chase isn't extracting money from his accounts and everything "seems okay," you're probably all right. Once again, I'd recommend keeping a sharp eye on Chase -- especially if your husband has ANY account type besides a free checking account.

He's 23. And usually he's very strict about balancing his accounts (far more than I am), but I told him to keep an extra eye out.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

09/21/2012 - Touch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sapphire- If I'd have been with Chase since the beginning then Id probably be fine. (although there still isn't a chase in my town)

But, also, the hours don't work well for me either. TD opens until 8pm! Thats ample time for me to get there.

I applied for an account there yesterday so hopefully I will get it all going soon.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sapphire- If I'd have been with Chase since the beginning then Id probably be fine. (although there still isn't a chase in my town)

But, also, the hours don't work well for me either. TD opens until 8pm! Thats ample time for me to get there.

I applied for an account there yesterday so hopefully I will get it all going soon.

TD hours are great! If I had a TD Bank closer to me, that's totally where I would go. Convenience is very important. Hope everything works out!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

We have an account with Wells Fargo.. hubby has been with them since 2001 or something.. I have had no real problems with them.. I don't really deal with them directly though.. I do all my banking online or at the Wells Fargo ATM's

our checking account doesn't have any fees besides the 30 dollar overdrawn fee..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I really like TD. I'd rather not have to keep a balance to avoid monthly fees, but at least I can avoid them somehow.

I was originally looking at RBC because my wife banks with them, but every account option costs a monthly fee. That's insane when the account isn't even interest-bearing! I'd be better off hiding my money away in a mattress. :P

Timeline

Amanda, you're not the only one pi$$ed about your bank troubles! Check out this article:

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/07/steven-lo...-app.html#posts

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Amanda, you're not the only one pi$$ed about your bank troubles! Check out this article:

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/07/steven-lo...-app.html#posts

Haha hilarious.

Not surprised at all. Although, this isn't even about my credit cards! It's about my checking account wher emy money is. That's the scary thing. They have my money and I have no access to it right now.

But I'm p;ulling all my funds as of today. My TD account is set up. :thumbs:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.