thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The fact that she doesn't want his father in their home... after they are married she's going to distance him from his family.

Now is his chance.

Cost of a bridezillas engagement ring... $15,000

Cost of a bridezillas Bridal shower... $2000.00

Cost of a bridezillas wedding... $75,000.00

Seeing the look on the b1tches face when you tell her its over.. PRICELESS!

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well she's already told Chris that she dislikes his father completely and that she does not want him in their house. :lol: (by their I think she means..his?)

That is really quite disturbing. I really hope that he gains some perspective from this and realizes what he's entering into. :unsure:

Timeline
The fact that she doesn't want his father in their home... after they are married she's going to distance him from his family.

Now is his chance.

Cost of a bridezillas engagement ring... $15,000

Cost of a bridezillas Bridal shower... $2000.00

Cost of a bridezillas wedding... $75,000.00

Seeing the look on the b1tches face when you tell her its over.. PRICELESS!

:lol:

:rofl:

Would be a GREAT MasterCard commercial. I wonder what would happen if he did break it off....

Well she's already told Chris that she dislikes his father completely and that she does not want him in their house. :lol: (by their I think she means..his?)

That is really quite disturbing. I really hope that he gains some perspective from this and realizes what he's entering into. :unsure:

It is, isn't it? And he now realizes that this is the rest of his life and not just the wedding that brought this on. Before I was concerned that he thought it would all stop after the wedding, but he's clearly questioning what he should do.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

I don't know but I would pay big bucks to be a fly on the wall just to see her reaction. :lol:

I just wanna say that I am uber proud of you Amanda for actually standing up for her, and it seems that your strength is bringing out her bad side and it just may be enough to show him the light on out of there.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Haha. Well JAred was clearly tossing and turning over it last night so I will tell him I got some good advice today and think he should tell him and be honest with him. He really doesn't want his brother making a mistake.

The funny thing is, is that I could never do what he does. After all this stuff this week, he actually went down to her parent's house to talk to her and them. I would have NEVER put myself in that situation. I would have wanted as much distance as possible for at least a few days. That is when they called him emotionally abusive.

He kept on telling Jared he though their parents and bridezillas parents should sit down and talk. Jared just told him that it's not our problem, it's him and lacy's problem. Our families don't need to sit down and talk. That will not accomplish anything because it's not everyone's wedding, it's just theirs!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Holy bridezilla! Wow sister, this is beyond bizarre --- I see a book :idea:

I hope whatever happens is the best for your BIL (F)

Cheers, Len! I hope so too. :)

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Haha. Well JAred was clearly tossing and turning over it last night so I will tell him I got some good advice today and think he should tell him and be honest with him. He really doesn't want his brother making a mistake.

The funny thing is, is that I could never do what he does. After all this stuff this week, he actually went down to her parent's house to talk to her and them. I would have NEVER put myself in that situation. I would have wanted as much distance as possible for at least a few days. That is when they called him emotionally abusive.

He kept on telling Jared he though their parents and bridezillas parents should sit down and talk. Jared just told him that it's not our problem, it's him and lacy's problem. Our families don't need to sit down and talk. That will not accomplish anything because it's not everyone's wedding, it's just theirs!

The part about her not wanting his father in their home was a giant red warning light for me. Not liking your in-laws and trying to avoid interaction with them is one thing, but demanding your future husband not allow his father in their home is very extreme. Marriage should never be entered into if you have doubts. I have a friend who was very reluctant to talk tell his brother how he really felt about his brothers fiance because he was afraid that if he told him not to marry her and he did anyways, that would cause a big rift in their relationship.

Timeline

Exactly! The time to be honest is right now. Afterwards it will be too late.

I don't like seeing people break up but I just can't see this going anywhere good. I have said it before and I will say it again, many women show their true colours before a big event like a wedding... she's shown hers and its scary.

And no you guys don't need to sit down together and talk, its a wedding not an intervention! :lol:

It's not going to do any good anyways because this girl doesn't think she's done anything wrong. Her parents will always be overbearing.

Omg Amanda, imagine if they had KIDS! OMG! :o

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I agree, Rob. Huge red warning when before you are even married to someone you tell them you don't want their in-laws in their house. Every one has always been good to her, too. No one has ever said a bad word to her face, even when she had psycho moments.

If they had children, I don't know what they'd do. The entire pregnancy would be so difficult on him. I told Jared that he wouldn't be allowed to be the children's god-parents...she'd say no. It would be horrendous.

Supposedly he is in the new condo today and going to spend a straight week with her trying to sort things out. I think time away is the best approach, not suffocate each other. But the guy has to work and I don't see how he could be properly performing at his job under all this stress.

My eyes filled with grit

Wow thetreble, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I hope your BIL makes the right decision and should probably think of himself as the #1 person in his life right now.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's a tough situation, but being someone who has gotten married because I thought "well, it's too late now", I can tell you that it would have been so much easier if I had just broken it off before the wedding. It would have saved both of us a few years. It would have been hard and painful, but probably less so than 2 years down the road when I absolutely couldn't stand it anymore and had reached my breaking point. Your BIL doesn't sound happy now and I think you're right in saying that he's seeing her true colors now. I hope that everything works out for him and the rest of your family.

One thing I will tell you as well is that deep down, before I married my ex, I knew I shouldn't be doing it. I asked my good friends for their opinions and they were trying to support me so they didn't say how they really felt. I'm not sure if it would have made a difference, but I think maybe if I had felt like I had a good support system, I would have broken it off with him before we got married.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.