thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

I've only followed, and I don't know that I've ever commented on any of the threads relating to your BIL and his bride-to-be, but I do read the posts. This makes me very sad. :(

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is saddening. He's a really nice person and he works very hard. There was a marriage like this in my family and the husband was the NICEST guy. (it was my uncle Dave) Uncle Dave was so gentle and great. Then he married my Aunt Linda and after 30 years, the guy is a withdrawn, depressed #######. It's really sad. It's very easy for some people to have someone in their life that makes them so miserable. Some times we will put up with anything!

My worry is that he will get to his breaking point and want a divorce...but at that point, NJ divorce laws are tough and she will take him to the cleaners.

The sad thing is, is that his parents are divorced and they are both telling him not to marry her. They've been there. They are worried for him.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Rightly so, Krikit. He just can't expect every one to follow it with him which is what he wants right now.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

He's on the...HIGHWAY TO HELL!!!! haha

No honestly though. He wants every one to like each other and every one to be nice. At the end of the day, she has said some pretty rotten things about me, my sister in law and I'm sure at this point, every member of our family! :lol: There is no playing nice any more. It's beyond repair. Every one just wants to be left alone.

It's going to be one sad wedding.

It is. But, if it happens, I plan on enjoying myself 110%. I will drink, eat and be merry.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Rightly so, Krikit. He just can't expect every one to follow it with him which is what he wants right now.

Haha. No sir-ee. You're on your own when you choose the path to hell. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah that's true. If you choose an incompatible partner, there is nothing anyone else can do. I had a friend once, we used to get along really well, we were both sarcastic, we worked at the same place, shared an office, we would laugh all day.

Anyway, she was not married, or even dating and her parents used to tell her that her Husband wasn't just going to come up and knock on the door. Well he did. Her parents are Irish and through some family/friends connection this guy came to stay with them, when he moved to NZ from Ireland.

The dated, they got married and on her wedding day, after the reception when the two of them were leaving, she stood at the door and cried and cried - in theory because she would miss her family - but I don't think so.

Anyway, he didn't like me (what!?!?) - I believe it's because she and I were so close and he was so possessive - but one day she just stopped talking to me - I mean we shared an office - it was totally weird.

Anyway, a couple of weeks later we went out for lunch and talked it out, I don't remember what she said but I said, just so long as we don't have the silent treatment thing again - we can talk about stuff, we are friends etc etc.

Well, about a week later it happened again. I requested to be moved out of that office and we never spoke again.

I do know through another friend that they had a few children, I really wonder how that whole relationship turned out.

Filed: Timeline

Wow. That's really extreme, Trailmix. :blink:

LOL @ "Highway to Hell". :lol:

I am hopeful that the bride-to-not-be is about to find out that getting her way is not as important as finding a way to work together. But it sounds like her parents are enablers so I'm guessing she has a rough road ahead. I hope they weren't looking forward to becoming empty-nesters.

iagree.gif

Timeline
It's going to be one sad wedding.

It'll be more like attending a funeral me thinks....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Two words for this couple... Birth Control... They needs it..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Two words for this couple... Birth Control... They needs it..

:lol:

Oh my stars! Pray to God every one that they are prepared in this way at least.

She also has a lot of health issues so I don't know how they are going to afford that either if/when she gets sick. She was a pre-mature child so has suffered through little things here and there her whole life. She only has one working lung, for example. I'm sure his insurance is going to go up now per month when he adds her, and his insurance isn't all that great. Cha-ching!

As long as her family is civil to me, ie don't try to physically harm me, then I will be fine at the wedding. Jared thinks I should get a new dress though and I said no, that I'm wearing an old skirt and I will find a shirt to go with it.

Also, a few friends who are also going to the wedding have bet me to wear the bridesmaids dress. Alter it how I want it (real short or something) and wear it for sh1ts and giggles. :lol:

One thing I am concerned about facing though..maybe not concerned, but really not looking forward to, is having to tell our ENTIRE family why I'm no longer a bridesmaid. I don't want them to know about all the ####### that happened and I want to keep it short and simple, but they are all going to ask what happened.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just tell them you couldn't committ to it time wise. You're a busy gal and unfortunately your schedule just wouldn't allow it. :)

No way, it is time to be honest with them all; don't wait till the wedding, do it now. The sooner they all know the truth the sooner they can support the groom and prevent this disaster

I think everyone's pretty much stated exactly what I would've said so I'll just wish you good luck with the open bar at the wedding and hope that your spirits are not too watered down Lol :)

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.