Inna

I-864 line 23, current annual income question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi. My husband doesn't know what to put on line 23 of I-864 form:

Troughout 2008, he worked at 3 jobs and earned a decent amount of money (for a student), but got laid off from his last job (Curcuit City btw) at the end of December 2008. Since then, he didn't find job till he got a seasonal job at a waterpark. He only worked there for 2 months and didn't get that many shifts, and then they just took him off the scaduale(without any explanation). He decided to not deal with them and forget about this job, so he ended up earning about $500. Btw, his mother is a joint sponsor.

1) Line 23 I-864 "My current individual annual income is"- what should he put if he is a student and doesn't have a steady job. He also is not aware how much he is gonna earn in 2009, since he doesn't know if he will find a job... There is still half year left in 2009, andI don't think it's far e to put $500 in "annual income". In the same time, it's not fare to put his last year's income since it's not how much he is gonna make this year. WHAT SHOULD WE ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION?

2) Part 22: " Unemployed since.." should he say unemployed since he lost a waterpark job, or should we exclude it since he only worke there for 2 months, and didn't earn much? If we include it, do we need to include paystubs, or is it not nessecary?

I know this question is very confusing, and I would greatly appriciate every response, thank you

2-year green card application:

07/29/2009- Mailed I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-864A, G-325A, I-765 via USPS.

08/02/2009- Package delivered to Chicago.

08/06/2009- Checks cashed.

08/10/2009- Received NOA's for I-485, I-130, I-765 (issued August 6th).

08/19/2009- Recieved Biometrics Appointment notice (bio apt 9/12 at 9am).

08/21/2009- Recieved RFE for I-485 (issued August 17th).

08/22/2009- Responded to RFE.

09/01/2009- Case processing resumed (RFE recieved on 8/27/2009).

09/01/2009- Walk-in biometrics at 1:00pm, in and out in 15mins.

09/09/2009- Recieved e-mail: EAD card production ordered on 09/08/2009.

09/14/2009- Recieved another e-mail: EAD card production ordered (AGAIN!) on 09/11/2009.

09/16/2009- EAD recieved in the mail.

09/21/2009- Applied for a SSN.

09/30/2009- Recieved SSC.

10/14/2009- Received interview notice (Interview on 11/16 at 9:35am)

11/16/2009- Interview,APPROVED and CARD production ordered e-mail!Yay!

11/19/2009- Welcome Notice Recieved and Card production ordered e-mail again!

11/27/2009- Received green card in the mail!

Removal of Conditions:

09/09/2011- Sent the package via Priority mail, with delivery confirmation.

09/12/2011- Package delivered.

09/13/2011- Check cashed.

09/14/2011- NOA issued and received on 09/17/2011.

09/15/2011- Biometrics appointment issued for 10/05

11/21/2011- Card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Line 23 is the expected 2009 income. At this point you would put the total earning for 2009 as he is unemployed.

Line 22: Unemployed since his last day of work. That is the date you would enter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Hi. My husband doesn't know what to put on line 23 of I-864 form:

Troughout 2008, he worked at 3 jobs and earned a decent amount of money (for a student), but got laid off from his last job (Curcuit City btw) at the end of December 2008. Since then, he didn't find job till he got a seasonal job at a waterpark. He only worked there for 2 months and didn't get that many shifts, and then they just took him off the scaduale(without any explanation). He decided to not deal with them and forget about this job, so he ended up earning about $500. Btw, his mother is a joint sponsor.

1) Line 23 I-864 "My current individual annual income is"- what should he put if he is a student and doesn't have a steady job. He also is not aware how much he is gonna earn in 2009, since he doesn't know if he will find a job... There is still half year left in 2009, andI don't think it's far e to put $500 in "annual income". In the same time, it's not fare to put his last year's income since it's not how much he is gonna make this year. WHAT SHOULD WE ANSWER FOR THIS QUESTION?

2) Part 22: " Unemployed since.." should he say unemployed since he lost a waterpark job, or should we exclude it since he only worke there for 2 months, and didn't earn much? If we include it, do we need to include paystubs, or is it not nessecary?

I know this question is very confusing, and I would greatly appriciate every response, thank you

Hi Inna! You should always tell the truth because eventually you'll have to prove it. If he doesn't have a job and has only made $500 for 2009, then that is all you can put there because that is all you know of at the time you are completing this form. It would look better if he had a job, but since you are using a joint sponsor all that matters is that his mother meets the 125% requirement based on household size. If he does happen to find a job before you have to send in the I-864, then you can adjust the I-864 based on what he will earn, just be prepared to prove it.

For the unemployed since... you have to put the date he last worked at the water park. Again, it is always best to be truthful. He did work there and did earn money so the last day of his employment there would be the date you should list there. If you start to omit things because you don't think it is important, it looks like there is something you are trying to hide.

As far as pay stubs or any other evidence, when we did ours we sent in everything we thought they would need because we didn't want to get an RFE. It won't hurt to send in his pay stubs as well as his tax returns for the last 3 years if he has them. That said, his mother's information (pay stubs, tax returns, asset proof) is going to be the deciding factor on whether they meet the financial requirements. So if it were me, I'd send it.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.