Shari

Amsterdam Airport Customs/Immigration

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:goofy: My step-daughter is leaving the US on Sunday to return to England after a trip here to visit. I just realized she only has a 1-1/2 hour layover in Amsterdam before flying on to Manchester. She flies out of Memphis, TN to Amsterdam so I believe she will have to go through Customs/Immigration when she arrives in Amsterdam. I am now worried 1-1/2 hours is not sufficient time for her flight from the US to arrive in Amsterdam, go through Customs/Immigration, and catch her flight out to Manchester. Anyone go through Customs/Immigration in Amsterdam that knows how long it might take? Thanks! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Timeline

My sons use Manchester via Amsterdam when they come to visit with us in Oregon. I don't recall them ever saying they had to clear immigration etc in AMS, but they may well have, but most certainly they have had shorter connection times on the way home than 90 minutes and never had any problems.

I've just looked up the minimum connection times for AMS and it is 50 minutes, so 90 minutes is plenty.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Considering that Amsterdam is much-used for transit from Asia and Africa (without the traveller having to clear Dutch customs/immigration--though they may need a DATV to go through), it is possible that the only C/I clearances will be at Manchester on outbound and Memphis on return.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

My sons use Manchester via Amsterdam when they come to visit with us in Oregon. I don't recall them ever saying they had to clear immigration etc in AMS, but they may well have, but most certainly they have had shorter connection times on the way home than 90 minutes and never had any problems.

I've just looked up the minimum connection times for AMS and it is 50 minutes, so 90 minutes is plenty.

Hello fellow beavers fan, I am surrounded by Duck fans over here in my neck of the woods, sickening.

Timeline
Hello fellow beavers fan, I am surrounded by Duck fans over here in my neck of the woods, sickening.

My nephew lives in Eugene and comes to OSU for the football games. He has to sneak out of town before donning the orange

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I go through Amsterdam airport twice a year and it varies greatly!

While the wait is pretty short (20 minutes max.) most of the time, last time I waited well over an hour to get through immigration. They only had one EU Passports line open and everything else was All Passports. People were not forming proper lines and it got quite chaotic.

Delays were so bad that they finally opened an express line on the side for people who had less than 45 minutes to board. Watch for the monitors, they will show which flights qualify for the express lines and use them if necessary.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

My nephew lives in Eugene and comes to OSU for the football games. He has to sneak out of town before donning the orange

:lol: That could be dangerous.

• 7 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I see that this topic is several months old but my husband and I will be traveling from Dallas to Barcelona with a connecting flight in Amsterdam. We have 1 hr, 50 min from arrival to departure in Amsterdam. I was concerned about having to go through customs in Amsterdam and whether or not we would have enough time to get our connecting flight to Barcelona. You have all put my mind at ease that we should be okay.

Can anyone tell me what we can expect going through immigrations/customs at DFW (Dallas) and BCN (Barcelona) airports? Do we go through Spain C/I at DFW and USA C/I at BCN? This is our 1st trip abroad and are not sure what to expect.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I see that this topic is several months old but my husband and I will be traveling from Dallas to Barcelona with a connecting flight in Amsterdam. We have 1 hr, 50 min from arrival to departure in Amsterdam. I was concerned about having to go through customs in Amsterdam and whether or not we would have enough time to get our connecting flight to Barcelona. You have all put my mind at ease that we should be okay.

Can anyone tell me what we can expect going through immigrations/customs at DFW (Dallas) and BCN (Barcelona) airports? Do we go through Spain C/I at DFW and USA C/I at BCN? This is our 1st trip abroad and are not sure what to expect.

You will experiece nothing as it relates to "passport control" departing DFW. You will pass through Schengen passport control in AMS and then nothing arriving in Barcelona. On the return it will be nothing departing Barcelona, Schengen departure passport control in AMS and US immigration arriving in DFW.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
You will experiece nothing as it relates to "passport control" departing DFW. You will pass through Schengen passport control in AMS and then nothing arriving in Barcelona. On the return it will be nothing departing Barcelona, Schengen departure passport control in AMS and US immigration arriving in DFW.

Wow! Thank you for answering so quickly! Looks like we should be okay! Thanks again!