lgg

Vaccination records?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the medical in the near future, I'm looking at the list of all the vaccination requirements and I'm pretty sure I've had most of them done in my lifetime.

The thing is, I've lived all over Canada and have had many a family doctor so... how does one go about obtaining a current edition of a vaccination history?

The only record I have is a vaccination card from when I travelled to South East Asia...

What did you guys all do and how is this done? I figure I should get on that tout de suite before it's later in the game.

Thanks all...

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Where did you go to school? Most school boards require vaccination records, you can obtain them from the board for a cost (depends on the board of course, I know Halton and Peel in Ontario have them)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

Can go to your doctor and have a blood titers test done ... <--am sure thats what it's called .. call the panel physician they will tell you what ones you need for your age group .. then just take that list to your family doctor and say you need to get a titers test to show you've had them .. if not you need to get them ... you will need to take the test results to your physical.

Well, I am from Canada, but was living in New Zealand when we filed our K1. Also of an age where very old vaccination records were not held any longer :blush:

I went and had the Titre test, which is blood work that shows your immunity to the various things they ask for. All I needed in the end was Tetanus, I had that and was good to go.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Hi there, I did all of my schooling in British Columbia and moved out East right after highschool...

I was doing some research as to how to find them via BC medical... so far no luck...

Thanks a lot,

LGG

:)

Where did you go to school? Most school boards require vaccination records, you can obtain them from the board for a cost (depends on the board of course, I know Halton and Peel in Ontario have them)

Titre test test, eh?

I think that might actually be the way to go. Do they do that for you at the US immigration medical exam? Or should I go and have that done and obtain all the necessary paperwork to bring with me?

Thanks all... very useful.

LGG

:D

Ha!

Replied just as I asked...

Thank you, I think this might be the route for me as chasing down all the grade schools and highschools I went to could be a huge pain in the butt...

Thanks guys...

Can go to your doctor and have a blood titers test done ... <--am sure thats what it's called .. call the panel physician they will tell you what ones you need for your age group .. then just take that list to your family doctor and say you need to get a titers test to show you've had them .. if not you need to get them ... you will need to take the test results to your physical.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

Go to your family doctor and ask to have it done .. it's Covered under OHIP so no cost to you .. but call the panel physicians office first and ask what vaccinations you need cause you need to tell your doctor what you need to have checked and also tell them you will need a copy of the results.. the panel physician will not do it

and your welcome .. this site helped me out alot and since i believe in karma i feel i should do the same for others ..

Edited by RYCK

Timeline

Thank you VERY much. Good advice and this is what I'll do.

Good to know it's covered as well.

Best of luck to you on your journey, you've all been really helpful.

best,

LGG

Go to your family doctor and ask to have it done .. it's Covered under OHIP so no cost to you .. but call the panel physicians office first and ask what vaccinations you need cause you need to tell your doctor what you need to have checked and also tell them you will need a copy of the results.. the panel physician will not do it

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Agreed, 100%...

i try and help out as much as I can too.

and your welcome .. this site helped me out alot and since i believe in karma i feel i should do the same for others ..

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I needed to get mine done, since I went to school in Ontario, I called Ontario Public Health and they had my complete vaccination record. Try calling the one for BC and they should be able to fax yours to you same day.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Hi there!

Just an update, as I figure people'll want to know this. I called my old highschool in British Columbia -- they only keep vaccination records for so long and it's a person's obligation to keep their own records so.... I was S.O.L on that one. So I went for a hike today and dropped by a couple of walk in clinics to see if I could get them to write me a recommendation to get my blood taken for a Titer test. Holy freaking Moly, did I EVER get the run around. I walked to about 8 clinics and finally, I found one that A. Took me and B. Actually did the blood work.

Just a HUGE FYI out there for anyone, I hadn't even thought about my immunization records and for some reason today something tweaked but you all, get off your butt and make sure you can get them or get this blood work done. TITER Test as it also takes 3 weeks for the blood work and the results to come back. We're nowhere close to an interview yet but if we'd been assigned and I hadn't had this, I'd be freaking out.

Just so you all know.

Thanks to all who responded to me and such. You saved my Canadian Bacon.

Best,

LGG

When I needed to get mine done, since I went to school in Ontario, I called Ontario Public Health and they had my complete vaccination record. Try calling the one for BC and they should be able to fax yours to you same day.

Good luck.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Yeah, my Husband had the titre test too - I think they said it would take a week to get it back and it did take longer. Also, unless you have had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years or so, you might want to have a look at booking to have that done on the day you go to pick up the titer.

Timeline

Wow Trailmix...

I'm seriously WOWed by the fact that I overlooked this. Seriously? I hadn't even thought of it until this morning -- read something here that made me go, HEY, WTH???

So glad I had that little epiphany and frankly? If this is the only glitch that we have, so be it -- it was totally worth 3 vials of blood.

;)

I think i'll book a tetanus too, I had one about 8 or 9 years ago but i'll figure that out too...

Thanks a lot,

:D

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Timeline

I didn't have vaccination records, either. What I did was take a copy of the immunization requirements to my regular doctor. He used his prescription pad and wrote down what he knew of British vaccination requirements, then added the booster shots he gave me. I took that to the medical and all was well.

iagree.gif

My husband too didn't have vaccination records. He did have records of having a recent tetanus shot. At the medical in Vancouver before the K-1, the doctor listed that he had actually had chicken pox and measles as a kid and that was sufficient for that medical. However, when it came time to get his green card and had to do a medical here, the surgeon we found felt that he needed to have the MMR immunization and the chicken pox one. It would have cost more for the titres to be done in the U.S. and the doc said there was no negative effects of having those immunizations, so hubby did it. In retrospect, we wished we had been more on the ball and had the titres done in Vancouver when hubby still had BC Medical.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.