jennifernhoussine

Mail to Morocco

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Afternoon!

I have a question about sending regular mail to Morocco. I have sent two letters via regular mail to my fiance. (I dropped it off at the post office just to make sure the postage was accurate). I sent one to the address at his apartment and one to the address at his family's house, around the end of April and the first of May.

Both letters were never received. I did not get them returned back, which makes me think they at least made it into the country of Morocco. Both addresses are in French using Roman Letters. I thought maybe I just did not format the address properly, being that it was going to another country. So this is how I had the address written (not the real address, I just made up the street name & #s hahaha):

Name of my Fiance

Rue El Frog Appt #1 Imm #1

Pepiniere Frog

11000 Sale

Morocco

From now on I plan to send everything to my fiance via DHL, so we can track our packages. But I was just wondering if I am the only one who had the "mail never received" issue.

Good Afternoon!

I have a question about sending regular mail to Morocco. I have sent two letters via regular mail to my fiance. (I dropped it off at the post office just to make sure the postage was accurate). I sent one to the address at his apartment and one to the address at his family's house, around the end of April and the first of May.

Both letters were never received. I did not get them returned back, which makes me think they at least made it into the country of Morocco. Both addresses are in French using Roman Letters. I thought maybe I just did not format the address properly, being that it was going to another country. So this is how I had the address written (not the real address, I just made up the street name & #s hahaha):

Name of my Fiance

Pepiniere Frog

11000 Sale

Morocco

From now on I plan to send everything to my fiance via DHL, so we can track our packages. But I was just wondering if I am the only one who had the "mail never received" issue.

Everything I have sent to my groom made it to him in varying amounts of time...EXCEPT our first anniversary card...which of course sucked! You have written the address correctly except maybe the state...46300 Youssoufia, SAFI.....which I don't think would make a difference.....I do think the tangible things are important for them at their interview. So, I would keep trying. How much is DHL???

Timeline
Good Afternoon!

Name of my Fiance

Pepiniere Frog

11000 Sale

Morocco

Everything I have sent to my groom made it to him in varying amounts of time...EXCEPT our first anniversary card...which of course sucked! You have written the address correctly except maybe the state...46300 Youssoufia, SAFI.....which I don't think would make a difference.....I do think the tangible things are important for them at their interview. So, I would keep trying. How much is DHL???

DHL is a little expensive, but I always believe that paying extra is worth the peace of mind. :) Tell me about the state...Morocco is divided into states? (wow, I feel stupid asking that. HAHA) My fiance lives in Sale. I have seen people write something like "Sale / Bettana". Could Bettana be the state?

THanks!

Good Afternoon!

Name of my Fiance

Pepiniere Frog

11000 Sale

Morocco

DHL is a little expensive, but I always believe that paying extra is worth the peace of mind. :) Tell me about the state...Morocco is divided into states? (wow, I feel stupid asking that. HAHA) My fiance lives in Sale. I have seen people write something like "Sale / Bettana". Could Bettana be the state?

THanks!

Never a stupid question. "State" is the term my honey used, but it may not be officially titled as such. I also do not think it would hurt to write both...ask ur honey if that would be appropriate in his case...hope he gets ur mail soon!

Melynda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Salaam,

i think if you just write Sale you should be fine.

regular mail is hit or miss. but if you send it to a place of business or employment, you may have more luck? anything really important, it's worth the extra dollars to send via DHL or FedEx.

good luck!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Moroccan post office is really not very dependable/honest, stuff gets lost/stollen all the time the loss rate is 50/50 and in your case it was 100%. Use DHL like you said or Registered mail, they do not mess with that. Good luck

Don't get worried about it just yet

I have sent to Maroc, a ton of letters, cards, post cards and packages.

just when I thought they were lost and he wouldn't receive them, he did!

It took up to 2 months sometimes :angry::whistle:

My husband lives in Rabat, right next to Sale.

You been to Oudaya yet? You can see it across the water

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rue de Denmark #8

Quartier Sidi Othman

Zaio Nador

Morocco 62900

That is how I address all my letters to Morocco.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

of the 4 things I have sent directly to Morocco Abdou has receive none of them. His brother lives in France so the last letter I sent(5th letter) I sent to his brother first thinking that his brother would send it to him...he didn't. He had a friend hand deliver it. So Abdou got the letter...but I don't think I can use it as proof being that it was never actually postmarked. But at least he got something I intended for him. I never looked into DHL...I will now. It would be nice to have Abdou actually get something from me in the mail. Also, He's sent me 4 things and I've only received 2 of them...so I officially think that the Moroccan Postal service sucks!

Timeline
of the 4 things I have sent directly to Morocco Abdou has receive none of them. His brother lives in France so the last letter I sent(5th letter) I sent to his brother first thinking that his brother would send it to him...he didn't. He had a friend hand deliver it. So Abdou got the letter...but I don't think I can use it as proof being that it was never actually postmarked. But at least he got something I intended for him. I never looked into DHL...I will now. It would be nice to have Abdou actually get something from me in the mail. Also, He's sent me 4 things and I've only received 2 of them...so I officially think that the Moroccan Postal service sucks!

i agree with the thought that the moroccan mail service sucks. several things i have sent over were NEVER recieced (or sent back to me). luckly most all was recieved, and thank god, everything he had sent to me has been recieved. idk if the postal service there is just careless or what, but something surely needs improving on. well good luck with any other mail you send to him. sounds like maybe dhl will work best for you since you can track it, especially if you are sending any important papers or item to him. :luv:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMvs4P_z7zs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1.png

2.png

Timeline

Hi,

I lived in Morocco for three years and have some answers. THere are many states in Morocco, like here. But generally speaking, it won't help that much to write it on the address, unless it's a tiny little town. Sale isn't a small town, it's very well known. So Sale should be fine (See below if you're interested). It's possible they're getting confused by your mentioning the name of the Pepiniere? My advice is to (1) ask your boyfriend to go to the local post office and ask if he can have letters delivered directly there. Maybe you could just address it to the post office. He may be able to get a post office box (they're about $15/year), or maybe he can just pick up the odd letter there, and (2) make sure you send only letters, not packages. I found packages were always opened and sometimes didn't arrive. But thin letters usually did fine. also (3) the post office has a flat rate letter (I think under $30) which was express and trackable. I sent Ahmed one and it got there in less than a week. AND i was able to track it online for free!

On a little side note, until about 2005, Morocco didn't use zip codes very regularly. So it used to be that you'd address a letter by reference to the nearest big city. LIke my town, Ait Ourir, which is 45 min outside of Marrakech, was addressed "Ait Ourir par Marrakech" which meant "Ait Ourir by Marrakech". ANd that was even though Ait OUrir was in the state of El Haouz, and Marrakech had its own state. Even today, the post office gets confused when you write the proper zip code. But all that is beside the point. Sale is a huge city. There's no way they should be getting confused. Although, now that I think about it, maybe Bettana is a little town or village near Sale, and if you saw people writing it, they were doing what we used to do in Ait Ourir. But with the correct zip code, it shouldn't be a problem.

I just looked up Bettana, it looks like it's an arrondisement (or quarter/neighborhood/precinct, whatever) of Sale.

Anyway, sorry for going on and on! good luck and I hope this all helps a little.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah...i'm with the morocco mail system sucks...lol I sent a card, the musical ones, and 2 papers/letters....he got the 2 papers, but they took out the card...go figure...guess no sending love songs...LOL My friend sent 3 cards together & her fiance only got 2 of them...who knows why. Both are in Northern Morocco. So not more sending anything but paper letters for me...lol Can't wait to get there in November so I can get a magicjack to him...I don't trust mailing it.

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.