~PalmTreeGurl~

Chevy aveo making a sound

54 posts in this topic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan clutch maybe.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Obama said he would fix it for you.

:rofl:

VIEW MY TIMELINE

us-1.jpg

azx3j298m21dj.png

"Marriage is not like a really hot spoonful of rice that you'll just spit out when you got burned."
-Filipino saying

NATURALIZATION
AUGUST 7, 2012 - N-400 Sent

DECEMBER 12, 2012 - Interview (Chicago, IL)

DECEMBER 14, 2012 - Oath Taking (Chicago, IL)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
timing chains go out a about 50 to 60k. put put pedal the floor die engine

no timing chains doe not go out that soon..if they do, Your thinking about the timing belt.

that should be changed and if the timing belt did break get a compression check on your block.

Yogi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

With my GM card could have purchased a brand new Aveo a couple of days ago for 8 grand, passed on it, piece of Korean made #######. While GM has been anti-timing belt, this engine isn't only of the interference type, meaning the valves will crash into the pistons if that rubber band breaks, don't need that worry in my life. Plus that car is excessively noisy, and the seats are like sitting on concrete blocks. Is GM kidding? And are you really buying American? If not from Korea, from China, and GM has been moving a lot of their Canadian stuff to China, but went to Canada to save a couple of bucks on high USA health insurance cost.

If GM permanently goes away, won't miss them. That whine is already a worn drive train, hubs, half axles, transaxles, all with excessive play, you must be either an average or a hard driver, suppose to last 36K miles before you have problems.

Timeline
If not, I need to know a little bit more detail besides just whining.

There are plenty of whiners on VJ who could help!

May even be a VJ whiner the OP is hearing, check under the back seat. With this car in neutral, do you hear that VJer whining when you step on the gas? That would isolate the engine from the drivetrain to help determine the source. Most logical spot is the belt drivetrain with engine whine, water pump, alternator, AC compressor if you have one.

That sounds like the transmission is screwed. The aveos are basically Daewoo.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I decided I will take it to the Chevy dealership on Thursday, (not the one where I got the car from bcz thats the one where i suspect ID theft happened to me at) but a different one. Thursday is payday so just in case i need to get the trans fluid changed then Im good to go. Ive been calling around at Carnetts and NTB and its like $109 to get the trans fluid change. What a rip off! anyways, Thursday is good timing and especially since its still under 36k miles warranty!!!

So, since its under warranty, will they charge me to see whats wrong with it ?

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Timeline
I decided I will take it to the Chevy dealership on Thursday, (not the one where I got the car from bcz thats the one where i suspect ID theft happened to me at) but a different one. Thursday is payday so just in case i need to get the trans fluid changed then Im good to go. Ive been calling around at Carnetts and NTB and its like $109 to get the trans fluid change. What a rip off! anyways, Thursday is good timing and especially since its still under 36k miles warranty!!!

So, since its under warranty, will they charge me to see whats wrong with it ?

They shouldn't, unless it is a repair not covered under the warranty. They should give you a written estimate before any work is started, and don't let them charge you any more than the amount you agreed to.

Edited by Mister_Bill

Timeline

Difficult to describe a whine over the net, or even over the phone, typical to put the vehicle on a lift with the wheel hanging and run the engine, using a stethoscope to determine the source. As sound travels seven times faster through metal, takes skill to do this.

Your are thinking about your transmission, is it a five speed or an automatic? In either case, unless you really rod your car or with an automatic, step on the brake and gas pedal at the same time that really generates a lot of heat in the torque converter that can cause severe damage. But your AT fluid will be burnt in this case.

Regarding warranty, probably good it's happening now, at 36K you are dead and stuck with it. On my 04 Cavalier, both upper strut thrust bearing went out at 200 miles past the warranty, got a bit perturbed when my dealer laughed because it was out of warranty. But I got new ones for twenty bucks each and said I would change them myself. When I removed the old thrust bearings, I popped the upper race, the balls inside were never lubricated. I got rusty balls!!

The lower race was loaded with pits, but true, the upper races were both 0.040" out of round, I put those in my vise and trued them up, the upper races were never tempered! Doing a net search on this problem many others had the same problem. But they did last 36,200 miles. I popped open the new bearings, not enough grease in there to hold the hair down on a fly, so I packed them with grease, and this time the upper races were tempered, so don't feel I will have this problem again soon.

Also have seen hub bearings greaseless, but lubricated for life whatever in the hell that means. All I can say is that GM went bankrupt, probably explains why. I suspect your hub bearing are going with that whine, but only speculation, would know in matter of minutes what the problem is. Get it looked at quick, a whine ends up in a seize, and that can be dangerous, can you really sue a bankrupt company?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Difficult to describe a whine over the net, or even over the phone, typical to put the vehicle on a lift with the wheel hanging and run the engine, using a stethoscope to determine the source. As sound travels seven times faster through metal, takes skill to do this.

Your are thinking about your transmission, is it a five speed or an automatic? In either case, unless you really rod your car or with an automatic, step on the brake and gas pedal at the same time that really generates a lot of heat in the torque converter that can cause severe damage. But your AT fluid will be burnt in this case.

Regarding warranty, probably good it's happening now, at 36K you are dead and stuck with it. On my 04 Cavalier, both upper strut thrust bearing went out at 200 miles past the warranty, got a bit perturbed when my dealer laughed because it was out of warranty. But I got new ones for twenty bucks each and said I would change them myself. When I removed the old thrust bearings, I popped the upper race, the balls inside were never lubricated. I got rusty balls!!

The lower race was loaded with pits, but true, the upper races were both 0.040" out of round, I put those in my vise and trued them up, the upper races were never tempered! Doing a net search on this problem many others had the same problem. But they did last 36,200 miles. I popped open the new bearings, not enough grease in there to hold the hair down on a fly, so I packed them with grease, and this time the upper races were tempered, so don't feel I will have this problem again soon.

Also have seen hub bearings greaseless, but lubricated for life whatever in the hell that means. All I can say is that GM went bankrupt, probably explains why. I suspect your hub bearing are going with that whine, but only speculation, would know in matter of minutes what the problem is. Get it looked at quick, a whine ends up in a seize, and that can be dangerous, can you really sue a bankrupt company?

That my friend is why you stay away from GM products and you never again will buy a GM car or truck.