20 posts in this topic

My I-290B has been backlogged since November 2007 and at all times I was informed by USCIS that they are reviewing my case, and they will make a decision within a short time. So far I have written to them seven times and promises of action within 30days to 90days was their response. I even wrote to the 'OMBUDSMAN' and our congressman, and they were given the same promises.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i too am very frustrated about the process. i married my husband in cairo in nov 2006 and we were just denied the 601 because they say he misrepresented himself. seems while in college a karate coach filed papers at the embassy for the team to travel to the us and they were all denied. he failed to tell the members of the team all this and when we filled out the visa app he told them he had never applied or been denied, so they think he lied. we have submitted tons of papers to prove my hardship, to no avail and were sent the i290b to submit. any help on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated. time is precious!

i too am very frustrated about the process. i married my husband in cairo in nov 2006 and we were just denied the 601 because they say he misrepresented himself. seems while in college a karate coach filed papers at the embassy for the team to travel to the us and they were all denied. he failed to tell the members of the team all this and when we filled out the visa app he told them he had never applied or been denied, so they think he lied. we have submitted tons of papers to prove my hardship, to no avail and were sent the i290b to submit. any help on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated. time is precious!

Contact a good lawyer who is experienced with appeals. As a note of caution, most will tell you they can do it, but in reality, not many are very experienced with this. If you are interested, I will suggest a few.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

• 3 years later...
Filed: Timeline

I am in the same boat. Was denied because of two missing documents and appealed in October at a cost of $630. I have now provided the missing two items that caused the denial and cannot even ask about it until January 12. Now I am hearing that just starting over would have been better and cheaper... SO WHY HAVE THE APPEAL????? I am very discouraged because I have read approval of appeals is 2%... yikes! I am worried that if I start all over that they will see I have a pending appeal and therefore I waste another $340 for starting over. Any advice would be appreciated. This whole process has turned into a nightmare for my fiance and I...

• 4 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.