20 posts in this topic

Yes.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man! It took USCIS 9mos. to reply... and we're DENIED...

Now we have to wait for another year...

And when you call them (USCIS) they don't know nothing!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is it true that it takes six months to a year processing an appeal??? Thanks!!!

true. my friend when they got denied on frist step thast before the NOA1, the reason was lack of documents, they re-file instead of appeal. now they just got their visa yesterday.

I-129F Sent :05-06-09

NOA1 (Receipt) : 05-15-09

NOA2 (Approved) : 08- 24-09

Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 09-11-09

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 10-26-09

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 10-30-09

Date of US Entry : 11-11-09 ; POE: Minneapolis

SSN: 11-25-09

Date of Wedding : 11-28-09

AOS

Filing date :

NOA date for I-485 :

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date:

I-485 Interview Date:

I-485 Approval / Denial Date :

I-485 Approved:

I 551 Stamp in passport:

Green Card received Date :

Please ask questions and look at other postings in this section. There are a few of really helpful people there that can guide you through the process if you can let them know what you were denied for, and how to go about it.

All the best, and sorry to hear about your denial. (F)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=113

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Please ask questions and look at other postings in this section. There are a few of really helpful people there that can guide you through the process if you can let them know what you were denied for, and how to go about it.

Thanks Carlawarla!

We know why we got denied, same thing w/ "Ken-Love's" friend, lack of documents. And we figure it out before they send us RFE. We call USCIS and ask what should we do? One representative said, wait until the next letter comes. Then the other said, you can just gather all the documents you missed and mail it to follow! and so we did... and that was like 7 mos. that we're waiting before we mailed the documents co'z everytime we call they said wait wait and wait... then by april 2009 we received the denial notice. (since they got our appln. july of 2008) it took them 9 mos. before they send the letter! And of course they disregard the documents that we mailed to follow co'z they want us to appeal and pay $585. and it's been five weeks now since we replied and still nothing!

Timeline
Is it true that it takes six months to a year processing an appeal??? Thanks!!!

true. my friend when they got denied on frist step thast before the NOA1, the reason was lack of documents, they re-file instead of appeal. now they just got their visa yesterday.

Hi Ken-Love!

Thanks for the response and Goodluck!

USCIS did not accept ours, coz we did reapply too. Instead they sent us the denial notice and we payed $585.

So, after your friend reapply how long did they wait 'til they got the visa? And USCIS did not ask about the previous application? If i may ask...

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and moved there from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there!

I am the beneficiary and our application for fiance visa was denied because we failed to establish the 2 of us have met in 2years. My fiance filed for I290B for an appeal attached with revised documents, additional evidence and fee. We are running on 4th month of waiting still no results crying.gif

We followed it up nobody seems to know an answer of the status of our appeal. Sad thing is that we were given false hopes couple of weeks ago informing us that the decision will be released in 2weeks but then again days gone by and no answer.

We were so frustrated as we don't know where we stand fearing of another negative result. Wondering for any other option.

It's just so sad that 2 people who are so in love having a hard time to be together.......

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline
Hi there!

I am the beneficiary and our application for fiance visa was denied because we failed to establish the 2 of us have met in 2years. My fiance filed for I290B for an appeal attached with revised documents, additional evidence and fee. We are running on 4th month of waiting still no results crying.gif

We followed it up nobody seems to know an answer of the status of our appeal. Sad thing is that we were given false hopes couple of weeks ago informing us that the decision will be released in 2weeks but then again days gone by and no answer.

We were so frustrated as we don't know where we stand fearing of another negative result. Wondering for any other option.

It's just so sad that 2 people who are so in love having a hard time to be together.......

hi i just got my i290b today and i was crying so hard ....i really miss my fiance ...is there an assurance that if you pay and submit the i290b they will aprove it

Hi there!

hi i just got my i290b today and i was crying so hard ....i really miss my fiance ...is there an assurance that if you pay and submit the i290b they will aprove it

There is no assurance at all that it will be approved.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Hi there!

There is no assurance at all that it will be approved.

Hi everybody! I just received today the denial for the NOA2, we still dont know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial 'cuz I don't get it, we both are singles, never married next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails... why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there, I have been thinking seriously cross the border.... it sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one.... can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer?

Hi everybody! I just received today the denial for the NOA2, we still dont know why was the reason, we have to wait to get the letter explaining the reasons, but someone knows why could be the denial 'cuz I don't get it, we both are singles, never married next 14th august we get 2 years of know each other, we have pictures, timestamps in his passport, videos, phone calls, emails... why the heck they denied our NOA2? or K1? I'm just so sad, and confused I don't know what to do because I'm not there, I have been thinking seriously cross the border.... it sucks that u love someone and u can't be with your loved one.... can someone help me? do we have hire a lawyer?

You're going to have to wait until you get your letter as to why you weren't approved your petition. You might want to start a new topic in the K-1 forum. There will be lots of replies there!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.