Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,448 posts in this topic

This had to be a hellish amount of work for you, Ewok. Kudos on finding a speedy solution, even if we're still working out some bugs! :thumbs:

(This happened once on another forum I posted to, and it took 3 DAYS to get everything functioning again...the VJ crew pulled it off in less than a day!)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Timeline

Lots of questions... what's the difference between Linear+ and Standard, Default?

This had to be a hellish amount of work for you, Ewok. Kudos on finding a speedy solution, even if we're still working out some bugs! :thumbs:

(This happened once on another forum I posted to, and it took 3 DAYS to get everything functioning again...the VJ crew pulled it off in less than a day!)

I agree, although it'll take a little adjustment, some of the new features are very nice. Thanks.

Lots of questions... what's the difference between Linear+ and Standard, Default?

I agree, although it'll take a little adjustment, some of the new features are very nice. Thanks.

Like this for example. I'm adding to my own post. Huh?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:whistle: Old forums can be found at http://www.visajourney.com/forums2

New Forums are here (at visajourney.com/forums)

I know this is a big "WHOAAAAAAA!!!" but it had to be done. Before you ask, old posts will remain on the old forums. Please start posting here though!!! :) We can not move the old posts here automatically (keep this in mind). The server crashed corrupting data on the old forums. To be safe we had to start the new forums "clean" -- I am working like mad to move things and make it all work....

You will have full access to the old forums but I will disable new reg's there soon. In the next few days I will fix all the bugs and "pretty up" skin problems to make the new forums look as good or better than ever.

Please feel free to copy over (manually "copy / paste") posts from the old forums (forums2) if you would like. Posts will not be automatically copied over. The posts on the old forums will remain visible indefinately as a public service for archives sake. You can search them by going to "forums2". I have to take care of more things here so PM or reply to this thread if you have any Q's.

THANK you for your patience!!!!!!! :):):):)

I am wondering if everyone will find visa journey :(. When I tried to open it from my favorites I got an error message and I had to use the search engine to find it again :(, I do hope people come back it is a fantastic site: :thumbs:

So I'm guessing that, to be able to follow any old bookmarks, we'll just have to slip a "2" after the "forums" in the link? (All my VJ bookmarks are on my computer at work, so I can't test my theory right now.)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The " home button is giving me this error"

Warning: main(./forums/sources/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spalik/public_html/index.php on line 117

Warning: main(./forums/sources/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spalik/public_html/index.php on line 117

"Links" and "guides" don't seem to be working properly either

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

The submenu, listing gallery, downloads, example forms, timelines etc, appears to have a hiccup too. First click takes you to the default forum page, where the explanation for the board redesign is discussed, then a second click takes you to the selected page in the submenu (downloads, timelines etc)

Perhaps you could add a link to the archived threads on the Global Site map page under "archive"???

http://www.visajourney.com/sitemap/

'Nother ?. Why, if a member was the last to post, does "fast reply" add the next post to the previous post? Is this intentional, almost like an edit feature?

WOOW! I LOVE this fast edit thingie

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I love the graphics that have been added to the timelines. This looks like a major upgrade.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You did a great job on this, Ewok!

I noticed two things, though. First, in the new Off Topic forum, there appear to be 257 pages, 255 of which are empty.

Second the assistant is now an internal pop-up that can't be moved out of the browser window. That might not be a problem is you have you screen is big enough but on a notebook it's bothersome because you have to move the pop-up window constantly. It also tends to stay where it was. Any way to get a separate window assistant again?

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

If one tries to enter chatroom, then clicks on view recent posts above the chat screen, it takes you back to the OLD FORUM, visajourney archive forum.

same thing with the 'Guides' tab at the top of the forum.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great JOB!!!!! Thanks for bringing back our "lifeline"!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

You did a great job on this, Ewok!

I noticed two things, though. First, in the new Off Topic forum, there appear to be 257 pages, 255 of which are empty.

Second the assistant is now an internal pop-up that can't be moved out of the browser window. That might not be a problem is you have you screen is big enough but on a notebook it's bothersome because you have to move the pop-up window constantly. It also tends to stay where it was. Any way to get a separate window assistant again?

Other than the above comment, I think the new super-enhanced assistant is a huge improvement. I know I'll be using it more than before. :)

"diaddie mermaid"

How to access the timelines and gallery links that used to be under the avatars?

Once the Capt'n gets everything stable and works out the bugs Im sure he will give us that back. Priority right now is stability and getting the site functioning and Im sure some well earned sleep :)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but I would say many of our members are having difficulty accessing site without an error msg when they use the address www.visajourney.com Yet can get in if they think of www.visajourney.com/forum/

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.