estrella

IR-1 / CR-1 in Ciudad Juarez

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you went through the NVC you should have alreay paid the IV fee that's the $400 USD, just take the receipt with you they did not ask to see mine but you always want to be prepared, you will not have to pay that again, every case is different and not evertbody goues through NVC, k1 and k3 applicants do most of the paper work with the consulate so that's why they pay there.

I paid $325 for the medical, ($175 for the exam and they gave me 3 shots), and at the consulate I only paid $8 at DHL.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife had her interview today. She had her medical done on the 5th. She is pregnant and we were planning on her not having the chest xray done, but she was told by the staff at the clinic that if she didn't have it done, that at the interview, the CO would reschedule her appointment till after she was able to have it done. My wife said that they did use some type of shield to cover her stomach area to protect the baby. She didn't get any of the vaccines because of the pregnancy and because she just recently had the chicken pox, which I know is bad. We just ended up paying 175$ or so for the medical

As for the Interview, she was approved. Her interview was at 8:15 and we got there at 7:55. I had to wait at the consulate waiting area which is air conditioned. Im thinking that this waiting area was just recently opened. My wife said she said she wasnt asked for the copies of the i864, DS230 or any other paperwork or evidence. She was first asked for her passport,medical results and 2 photos. Then finger printed , and last the interview. The CO asked her first for my name , If she had ever been to the US (No), who petitioned for my residency(My Dad), and if we had any children which she answered by telling him that she was pregnant with our first baby. The CO congratulated her for the baby and for being approved. She paid 102 pesos for DHL and was told to call at 3:00 to check if the package was ready for pick up. She was out of the consulate just after 11:00.

Marriage : 2009-02-03

I-130 Sent : 2009-02-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-03-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-03-24

NVC Received : 2009-04-14

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-04-27

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-04-30

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-05-13

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-05-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-05-07

Receive IV Bill Email : 2009-05-21

Pay IV Bill Online : 2009-05-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-05-25

Sent DS230 to NVC: 2009-06-01

USPS Delivered DS230: 2009-06-03

NVC entered DS230 into system: 2009-06-08

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-06-16

Appointment Email recvd: 2009-06-24

Consulate Received : 2009-06-26

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-08-07 Approved

Visa Received :

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello to all.

I’m a newbie to this site and my wife and I are glad we found Visa Journey :wow: … We had been looking for CR-1 experiences in CDJ on the net and your experiences brought us to VJ. Just a bit about us, we got married by the civil court in MX on Aug 16, 08 and we sent our I-130 on 10/31/08 and our case was completed on 7/28/09 with an appointment date of 9/14/09. We read your experiences and we would like to ask for your help with a few questions of things you might have experienced.

The medical appt. clinic isn’t assigned in the appointment letter, correct?

Are the x-ray’s results required at the interview?

Did medical staff recommend for the applicants not eat for at least several hours prior to the examination?

Did anyone go straight to the older clinic rather than the new one? I’m wondering if it’s best to avoid being transported over to the old by the consulate bus.

If you didn’t need a waiver, did you get the visa package at the consulate or did it still have to be picked up at DHL?

So is the assigned bridge process new? I thought we could enter with the visa packet at any POE.

Estrella, you mentioned in your post that your letter stated the bridge was only opened during a certain time. After your experience, was that date the only time the USCIS office accepts visa packages?

Did anyone experience a day or time during the week in which you couldn’t turn in the visa package to USCIS?

Regarding providing proof of personal documents such as letters/emails/cards, if they are in Spanish did the CO ask for an English translation?

Did someone take a taxi or shuttle from the airport? If yes, how was your experience with that company?

Did any of you experience the NVC only sending you an email of the appointment letter and not a hardcopy of it through regular mail?

I didn’t see briefcases on the prohibited items list, did any of you all take your proof documents in a briefcase, blinder, etc?

Does the consulate have public phones inside?

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU… :star:

Edited by el extranjero

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Welcome to VJ, I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

The medical appt. clinic isn’t assigned in the appointment letter, correct?

There's not a clinic assigned but there are only 2 clinics approved by the consulate there (maybe 3 now because one was under construction when I went) there's one right next to the consulate, and one on the other side of town you can go to whichever is more comfortable for you.

Are the x-ray’s results required at the interview?

No you don't need to bring them to the interview just the black sealed thing that they give you

Did medical staff recommend for the applicants not eat for at least several hours prior to the examination?

They didn't recommended anything, but I went without having breakfast

Did anyone go straight to the older clinic rather than the new one? I’m wondering if it’s best to avoid being transported over to the old by the consulate bus.

I went to the older clinic because I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Paseo de la Republica which was closer to the older clinic and the shuttle of the hotel took us there. I liked it better because they actually have a waiting area for the family with some shade the newer one didn't have that

If you didn’t need a waiver, did you get the visa package at the consulate or did it still have to be picked up at DHL?

If you don't need a waiver you pay for DHL and pick it up there (package includes: Passport and closed envelope that you are not supposed to open)

So is the assigned bridge process new? I thought we could enter with the visa packet at any POE.

You can enter wherever you want, but the envelope says that if you are gonna cross thru Juarez to use the advised bridge

Estrella, you mentioned in your post that your letter stated the bridge was only opened during a certain time. After your experience, was that date the only time the USCIS office accepts visa packages?

I went during the stated time so I couldn't really tell you. But the bridge is open 24 hours so maybe they would accept them in a different schedule.

Regarding providing proof of personal documents such as letters/emails/cards, if they are in Spanish did the CO ask for an English translation?

I think they speak spanish, mine did and some of the other interviews seem to be in spanish too, and i don't think they would read what is in the letters, that would be kind of invasive, but who knows.

Did someone take a taxi or shuttle from the airport? If yes, how was your experience with that company?

I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, It was good the driver was nice, told us about the weather and the visa process. Anywhere we go we used taxis, asked the hotel front desk to call them, and they were all nice and safe, more expensive than we are used to, but we were expecting it.

Did any of you experience the NVC only sending you an email of the appointment letter and not a hardcopy of it through regular mail?

I think that's all they send, just print it and bring what you print, i printed it twice because you need it for the medical too and it can get lost or all wrinkled up.

I didn’t see briefcases on the prohibited items list, did any of you all take your proof documents in a briefcase, blinder, etc?

You are not supposed to go in with metal, most briefcases and binders have metal, I used one of those plastic folders with many separations.

Does the consulate have public phones inside?

I have no idea, I didn't see one but i really didn't explored the consulate much, i didn't wanna move from my seat in case my number appeard in the screen, so maybe there's one and i didn't see it.

Best of lucks!!!

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Timeline

My wife has been assigned an interview date for October 22 at the juarez consulate... we are traveling together next week but I was wondering if anyone knows if our two babies are going to have to be present in the interview, and if they need their own little passports to get their visas.

Also, we have already filed with NVC and they have already received the police reports, AOS, birth certificate, etc. so is it necessary to bring more originals?

Can anyone help us out??? thanks -alex

Timeline
My wife has been assigned an interview date for October 22 at the juarez consulate... we are traveling together next week but I was wondering if anyone knows if our two babies are going to have to be present in the interview, and if they need their own little passports to get their visas.

Also, we have already filed with NVC and they have already received the police reports, AOS, birth certificate, etc. so is it necessary to bring more originals?

About the documents that your wife needs, they tell you at the appointment letter which ones they already have and which ones you need to bring, I would bring the original anyway, just in case, you never know if they miss placed them and ask you for them right there.

About your babies, I'm not sure about it, If they are yours they wouldn't need visa, because you are american, but you need to register them with the consulate or something like that, I'm not really sure, check on the embassy webpage because I don't really know.

Best of Lucks at the intweview

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

Timeline

About the documents that your wife needs, they tell you at the appointment letter which ones they already have and which ones you need to bring, I would bring the original anyway, just in case, you never know if they miss placed them and ask you for them right there.

About your babies, I'm not sure about it, If they are yours they wouldn't need visa, because you are american, but you need to register them with the consulate or something like that, I'm not really sure, check on the embassy webpage because I don't really know.

Okay, thank you. I have heard stories about people getting to the border with their spousal visa, but that the children cannot enter the US. Yes, they are our children, and we have always put their names on the applications saying that they would be "migrating" with us.

I'll have a look at the consulate website, but in the meantime, has anyone else out their gone through the IR/CR process with kids?

Timeline

Okay, thank you. I have heard stories about people getting to the border with their spousal visa, but that the children cannot enter the US. Yes, they are our children, and we have always put their names on the applications saying that they would be "migrating" with us.

I'll have a look at the consulate website, but in the meantime, has anyone else out their gone through the IR/CR process with kids?

I found this info in the consulate page, I hope it helps you http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/hacscrba.html

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I'm sorry I don't have answer to your question, but I read that Mexico does not provide the Police Reports, so they aren't necessary for the DS 230. May I ask how you obtained them and whether you know them to be necessary?

Timeline

I'm sorry I don't have answer to your question, but I read that Mexico does not provide the Police Reports, so they aren't necessary for the DS 230. May I ask how you obtained them and whether you know them to be necessary?

Is not a police record per se, is more like a letter of no penal antecedents, it says that you haven't been charged ever and stuff like that. It depends on the state where you live, I lived in Mexico City so I had to go to and address in Zona Rosa bring my copy of my birth certificate, my credencial de elctor and a address prove, like the water receipt, and then fill the form that they give you, and then I had t pick it up in an Address downtown, it was fairly easy and didn't cost anything. There states that charge a small sum of money for it but you can ask for it online, it really depends. I'm not sure if it was used or no, it sent in but the CO didn't comment about it so I don't really know. It was easy for me to get it so I did, better safe than sorry :)

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

Timeline

Yeah, its like what Estrella said. We are supposed to get that letter called antecedentes no penales from any municipality where the spouse has lived for more than six months since the age of.... was it 16 years of age?

The office where we got it from here in Veracruz was easy. It was free, there were no lines to wait in, and we had the letter the next day.

In Oaxaca, my wifes home state, a relative did us the favor of getting us the letter sent to us.

As far as it being a necessary document... that's not for me to say, but I found out here on these posts that the police reports are to be sent in with the DS 230 packet. I sent the originals with translations and kept the copies for myself. Whatever the document may be, if they are specifically requesting it, you should probably do whatever you can to obtain.

Hope this helps... -Alex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.