IR-1 / CR-1 in Ciudad Juarez

57 posts in this topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone!!! I'll be in Juarez on the 9th i'll keep in touch, I think i'll be a good idea to give eachothera list of docs we are bringing to the interview in case some is missing something.

Good luck!!!!

hey, how is it going in Juarez? I'm going tomorrow, & i'm terrified, please let me know how things are going. whens your appointment? mine is on the 15th?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone!!! I'll be in Juarez on the 9th i'll keep in touch, I think i'll be a good idea to give eachothera list of docs we are bringing to the interview in case some is missing something.

Good luck!!!!

hey, how is it going in Juarez? I'm going tomorrow, & i'm terrified, please let me know how things are going. whens your appointment? mine is on the 15th?

Good luck, I'll arrive to Juarez on monday, my appointment is on the 16th

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Good luck!!!!

Good luck, I'll arrive to Juarez on monday, my appointment is on the 16th

Best of Luck to you too!! cr1- applicant here. how about yourself?

Timeline
has anyone had a recent experience, like in the past week, they would like to share?

At least not that I know of but We'll hear from some experiences soon, I'll post mine as soon as i'm done with it, I promise

I'm a CR1 too maybe IR1 if i'm luck, my 2 years anniversary is the 21st of july 5 days after my interview so maybe i'll get the 10 years green card if i'm lucky, if not, oh well i'll see you here in 2 years ha ha

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi everyone!!! I got here yesterday had my medical done today, I got thera at 6.00 am there was a line of about 200 people already, ten minutes after a guy came and split us up, some of us were loaded into bus and taken to one of the clinics by the old consulate. Firts we left AL and passport at front desd then they called us to take personal info and picture. Then the wait began first they called you to do blood test, then x ray, and finally phyisical and shots, then to cashier. When I was done the bus was ready to go back I was back at the hotel at aroud 9.15. It wasn't that bad, they are not very polite but not to rude either just impersonal, they want to get you out of there as soon as they can so they don't have time gto smile or be nice. We were told to come back at three and the same bus took ud to pick up result that was very qick in about 15 min we were on our way back. They gave us a big black envelope with the x ray ( you don't have to take that to the interview) and a sealed small one, you have to take it like that to the interview and the CO is the onlyone who can open it. Make sure your names are on the envelopes because I've heard of people who have got the wrong one.

That's all so far, the closest hotel to the clicnic and consulate is Microtel, next to it Holiday Inn, and there are some others like quality inn and la playa all of them walking distance from consulate, this seems like a much safer area compared to old consulate.

I'll keep in touch now I have to stick around till tuesday!!!! As soon as I'm done i'll let you know the rest.

Good luck evryone

PS. Marce see you Monday!!!

Timeline
hi everyone!!! I got here yesterday had my medical done today, I got thera at 6.00 am there was a line of about 200 people already, ten minutes after a guy came and split us up, some of us were loaded into bus and taken to one of the clinics by the old consulate. Firts we left AL and passport at front desd then they called us to take personal info and picture. Then the wait began first they called you to do blood test, then x ray, and finally phyisical and shots, then to cashier. When I was done the bus was ready to go back I was back at the hotel at aroud 9.15. It wasn't that bad, they are not very polite but not to rude either just impersonal, they want to get you out of there as soon as they can so they don't have time gto smile or be nice. We were told to come back at three and the same bus took ud to pick up result that was very qick in about 15 min we were on our way back. They gave us a big black envelope with the x ray ( you don't have to take that to the interview) and a sealed small one, you have to take it like that to the interview and the CO is the onlyone who can open it. Make sure your names are on the envelopes because I've heard of people who have got the wrong one.

That's all so far, the closest hotel to the clicnic and consulate is Microtel, next to it Holiday Inn, and there are some others like quality inn and la playa all of them walking distance from consulate, this seems like a much safer area compared to old consulate.

I'll keep in touch now I have to stick around till tuesday!!!! As soon as I'm done i'll let you know the rest.

Good luck evryone

PS. Marce see you Monday!!!

I'm glad you are done with that step Pily!!! How much was in total for the medical with the shots and all? and what shots did they give you??? aaaaand did the vaccines that you already had counted or not???

Enjoy your weekend guys!!!!

Have fun

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

Timeline

Hi!! I paid $325 total the exam is $175 and they gave me three shots Varicella. MMR and Tetanus. The card counted they gave me a second shot of tetanus because they said I needed it, so if you can get the second one there get it, that itself is $55. Another one, I don't know how old you are, but if you're 26 or younger they are going to give you the Human Papilomavirus and thats the most expensive one $197.

Will try to enjoy the weekend and relax,

Good luck!!

PS Did you book a flight back?? Because we've meet some people who have been waiting for their packages form more than 3 days!!! so we don't really know when we'll be able to get out of here.

Timeline
has anyone had a recent experience, like in the past week, they would like to share?

At least not that I know of but We'll hear from some experiences soon, I'll post mine as soon as i'm done with it, I promise

I'm a CR1 too maybe IR1 if i'm luck, my 2 years anniversary is the 21st of july 5 days after my interview so maybe i'll get the 10 years green card if i'm lucky, if not, oh well i'll see you here in 2 years ha ha

Ha ha, well i'm not too well informed, when we filed our I 130 we had not yet been married for 2 years, but now, its been 2 1/2, so yea im hoping for IR1 myself. Best wishes to you!! Ill try to post my experience as well. for all of the august people, because, i've been reading past theads, & the differ from most recent experiences, even thought the "pilot" is now "normal" its still alittle different.

Timeline
Hi!! I paid $325 total the exam is $175 and they gave me three shots Varicella. MMR and Tetanus. The card counted they gave me a second shot of tetanus because they said I needed it, so if you can get the second one there get it, that itself is $55. Another one, I don't know how old you are, but if you're 26 or younger they are going to give you the Human Papilomavirus and thats the most expensive one $197.

Good luck!!

PS Did you book a flight back?? Because we've meet some people who have been waiting for their packages form more than 3 days!!! so we don't really know when we'll be able to get out of here.

Hey, THank you sooooooo much for your help, ill try to get up early on sunday, & hope to get the docs appointment, I was so worried about the shots, I know they are going to run me!!!! i dont have a shot record. so i'm looking to spend about 500? :bonk: i hate shots. I"m sorry, are these people waiting for the results of their exam? or a reply from the consulate? :huh:

Timeline

they are waiting for the visa, when you get the approval they send you tp a DHL stand inside the consulate, there you paid for your pack to be delivered to the local dhl office here, they give you a tacking number, the pack will be a selaed envelope which you will have to deliver to the USCIS officer at the border when you cross, the pack will contain your passport and your visa along wit some other docs for the immigration people. So we all have to hang aroud here till we get that envelope. Also that envelope will tell you what bridge to go to, you can't cross anywhere you have to go excatly where they tell you even if you're not planning on going to the Satetes right away you still have to go to that specific bridge to deliver the pack and and have your passport stamped.

Is your husband coming with you??

Timeline
they are waiting for the visa, when you get the approval they send you tp a DHL stand inside the consulate, there you paid for your pack to be delivered to the local dhl office here, they give you a tacking number, the pack will be a selaed envelope which you will have to deliver to the USCIS officer at the border when you cross, the pack will contain your passport and your visa along wit some other docs for the immigration people. So we all have to hang aroud here till we get that envelope. Also that envelope will tell you what bridge to go to, you can't cross anywhere you have to go excatly where they tell you even if you're not planning on going to the Satetes right away you still have to go to that specific bridge to deliver the pack and and have your passport stamped.

Is your husband coming with you??

OH i see, Thanks, If i get approved, I gotta get home asap!! but anyways, no my dh will join me on wednesday afternoon. i'm gonna ge on my own for the medical, & if all goes well, ill just hang around on tuesday. & try to prepare emotionaly the best i can for wednesday.

Timeline

Good luck!!

I'm 24 so they'll probably put me that one, and it sucks lol but oooh well, did you pay with debit card? credit card? pesos? dollars?

And no I haven't booked a flight, Mu hubby is driving there so depending on the time we'll come back to mexico city so he can visit with my family or go straight home to the states.

Enjoy your weekend and say hi to Stewart's wife, I wish you both the best of lucks, I'll see you around!!!

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

Timeline

well, hello!! i did my docs appt yesterday!! it wasnt too bad. except i got vaccinated :dead: i payed $235.00 I also took my shot records but they said they were outdated, i'm 27, so that makes me not age appropriate for most shots, i got MMR, varicela, tetanus, i didnt write you guys, because i felt terrible. but i feel better now, anyways here it goes.

I went to the clinic that is right accross the street from the old consulate, I arrived at 5:30 am. there was about 60 people in front of me. the clinic opens at 6. When the doors opened, they asked for passport & appt letter, they didnt let my husband inside, & if you have children, they'll make your husband stand in line for you, & you get to sit down with the kids, that way the line is shorter, i ended up being about #27 in line!! then they called out our names we went to go take a picture & they verifyed the appt letter & the shot record, then off to blood sample, x-ray, shots, Then exam from a doctor, then pay, ofcourse! the people arent very nice, but not mean either, Just busy i guess. i was out of there by 8 am. then they told me to come back at 4 for the results, i did, but little did i know that we were again to get in line!!! i should have arrived earlier, not to minimize the wait, just for the sake of getting a good spot in line with shade in it!! other than that it went rather quickly, they call out your name & you receive your file, again the little one is for the appointment & the big one is just your x-rays. when i was there, there were charter buses, & taxi's & hotel buses bringing people in from the other clinic. So my advice, is... get a taxi to take you to this location in the first place. its very well organized, & like I said, it all went by so fast!!

that was my experience, oh yea parking was 40.00 pesos. theres people everywhere trying to sell you passport pictures, i had mine taken at walgreens before i left, but just in case your unprepared, passport pictures places are everywhere!!! & well i'm still here, i didnt get to witness any of the violence, that area is pretty protected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.