VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
sixto & yisauri
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarSamia & Zakuan
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Bangladesh
T & G
K1 Visa
Philippines
Nikki & William
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Claude & Amirah
K1 Visa
Singapore
blank avatarDanielle & Bill
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarAndrew & Jeanne
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarTyler & Nikki
K1 Visa
Australia

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarSal & Patty
K1 Visa
Colombia
blank avatarJ & D
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarJD & PhD
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarMa & An
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
China
blank avatarAngel & Sujerdi
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Tabitha & Emmanuel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Sarasusan & Hicham
K1 Visa
Morocco
blank avatarTLB & ATT
K1 Visa
Cameroon
Sindy & Rosa
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
R & G
K1 Visa
Nepal
blank avatarJasmina & Ivor
K1 Visa
Serbia
John & Adena
K1 Visa
Philippines
Greg & Xiang
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
China
blank avatarAshtin & Joseph
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarAnabel & Ariel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic

• Please log in to reply

yellow letter - bring your driver license/identification card

#1 meogia

meogia

• PipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

I got a yellow letter from USCIS yesterday, requesting me to bring my state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card to the naturalization interview. There is no interview date in the letter! I wonder if anybody had this similar request, and what it is about? And how long should I expect for an interview letter?

Thanks

#2 MsAnn

MsAnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

This is a case status review letter. You will be receiving your actual interview letter that includes the interview date/time/location in a separate letter. It's hard to guess at how long it will take to get the interview letter, maybe a few weeks or even a month or longer. It depends on your particular office and it varies case by case.

Edited by MsAnn, 07 May 2009 - 08:20 PM.

The above is not legal advice.
It is either from research or merely my opinion.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 asid

asid

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

I got my interview appointment letter less than 2 weeks after getting the yellow one.
N-400
11-07-08 Mailed application to VT
11-20-08 NOA1 from NBC in Missouri
12-06-08 Biometrics
01-24-09 recieve appointment for 3/25 interview
01-25-09 Mailed letter to Hartford requesting new interview date (away on 3/25 at brother's wedding)
02-12-09 Recieve letter from NBC stating they have recieved my request for new interview date
02-21-09 Recieve letter for interview on April 7th. Hartford's got it's act together!
05-08-09 Oath ceremony in New Haven CT

Removal of Conditions
11-28-07 Mailed I-751 to VT
12-12-07 NOA (date-12-07-07)
01-10-08 Biometrics Appt
10-30-08 Approval letter (dated 10-27-08-approved!). Zero touches prior to letter
11-04-08 10-yr card arrives in the mail

#4 samdurak

samdurak

• Pip

• Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

I got my Interview letter and then 10 days later I got the Yellow letter. There is no relation between the letters.

Edited by samdurak, 08 May 2009 - 01:01 AM.

#5 annelizabeth

annelizabeth

In love in IN.

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

I got my yellow later months ago and am still waitin for an interview!
Annie UK

2004 Awaiting my divorce
Decree nisi 29th July YAYYYYYYYYYY
15th Dec DIVORCED AT LAST!!!!
Dec 23 decree arrives, I-129F sent to Nebraska!!!
Dec 27 NOA1
Feb 16 2005 NOA2 (51 days)
May 17 INTERVIEW 9am!!!! (day 141) Approved
May 30 Arrived POE Chicago (flight delayed!!)
June 13 applied for SSN
June 30 Wedding on beach at sunset awwwww

AOS 2005
July 11 Sent off AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago
Sep 1 I485 transferred to CSC
Sep 15 EAD and AP approved (59 days)
Nov 25 Green card and Welcome letter arrive in mail (no interview) 130 days

Removing Conditions 2007
Aug 15 I-751 sent to Nebraska
Sep 14 NOA1 rec'd, transferred to CSC again
Sep 21 rec'd bios appt for 9/28/07
Jan 26 2008 Approved. 10 Yr card received 1/28/08.

Naturalization 2008
Sep 8 N-400 sent to Nebraska
Sep 11 Priority date
Oct 7 Biometrics
July 10 2009 - Interview, approved!
Aug 20 Oath ceremony

#6 NickD

NickD

Super Elite Member

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (meogia @ May 7 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a yellow letter from USCIS yesterday, requesting me to bring my state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo identification card to the naturalization interview. There is no interview date in the letter! I wonder if anybody had this similar request, and what it is about? And how long should I expect for an interview letter?

Thanks

Wonder what brain started this? To get that drivers' license or state ID card, in my state they want to see your green card as the key form of identification, so that is only a secondary form of identification.

For my wife, we had to supply all kinds of proof as to who she was to the USCIS, birth certificate, passport, medical, and work records, bank accounts, credit cards, and fortunately she worked for an American based company that helped considerably, plus I had to prove who I was with our marriage certificate that also required a lot of proof as to who we were to get in our state just to get her that green card. And all translated into English.

Ha, I wondered what would happen if I met a girl living in the jungle without all that paperwork to back her up. So now they want a state backup based on the USCIS and the FBI? Sounds crazy, but one thing for sure, after all this, you are not even sure who you are. Then with all that additional proof they want for the N-400, did they ever think on what you went through even to get that green card? Or maybe, they just don't think.

#7 Pakola

Pakola

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (NickD @ May 9 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

Wonder what brain started this? To get that drivers' license or state ID card, in my state they want to see your green card as the key form of identification, so that is only a secondary form of identification.

For my wife, we had to supply all kinds of proof as to who she was to the USCIS, birth certificate, passport, medical, and work records, bank accounts, credit cards, and fortunately she worked for an American based company that helped considerably, plus I had to prove who I was with our marriage certificate that also required a lot of proof as to who we were to get in our state just to get her that green card. And all translated into English.

Ha, I wondered what would happen if I met a girl living in the jungle without all that paperwork to back her up. So now they want a state backup based on the USCIS and the FBI? Sounds crazy, but one thing for sure, after all this, you are not even sure who you are. Then with all that additional proof they want for the N-400, did they ever think on what you went through even to get that green card? Or maybe, they just don't think.

haha. I agree. And this was with the same logic, we neglected to include the documents mentioned in the separate documents checklist for N-400 (my wife just got her permanent card a month or two ago), plus it was an oversight. Now we did get our first NOA, but it does not say anything about RFE - but I expect that shortly, if not having to bring the mentioned documents again at the interview.

Edited by Pakola, 09 May 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#8 NickD

NickD

Super Elite Member

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Pakola @ May 9 2009, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NickD @ May 9 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

haha. I agree. And this was with the same logic, we neglected to include the documents mentioned in the separate documents checklist for N-400 (my wife just got her permanent card a month or two ago), plus it was an oversight. Now we did get our first NOA, but it does not say anything about RFE - but I expect that shortly, if not having to bring the mentioned documents again at the interview.

Their latest bug is utility bills, a friend ahead of us was called in for that, so I called my utility companies and say to add my wife's first name to our bill, could have given any name, absolutely no proof was required, could have done that while being single. But the USCIS wants that and our friend had to make an extra six hundred mile trip to bring that in plus the delays.

And why another marriage certificate, read on ours, a $10,000 fine for making copies, so had to send off eight bucks for a certified copy, and we didn't get that until we could prove we were legal to marry with all of our divorce papers, already did that for the AOS and the I-751, but again for the N-400.

Exactly where does the USCIS think my wife got her ten year card? Out of a Cracker Jack box?

At my wife's interview, had both me and a wallet full of ID cards, her IO didn't want to see that, just a piece of paper I could have made up on my computer with both our names on it. USCIS is ran by idiots, but you don't dare tell them that, they carry a very strong whip.

#9 jsnearline

jsnearline

Platinum Member

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Does everyone get the "yellow letter" or does it depend on the individual?
08/28/2004 Engaged
09/22/2004 I-129F submitted
10/01/2004 I-129F Approved
12/15/2004 K1 Issued
12/30/2004 Arrival in US
02/19/2005 Married
01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved
01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued
03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox
07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL
08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]
09/04/2009 Applied for passport
09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed
09/24/2009 Passport received
08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

#10 MsAnn

MsAnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (jsnearline @ May 9 2009, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good question star_smile.gif
The above is not legal advice.
It is either from research or merely my opinion.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 wworld808

wworld808

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (jsnearline @ May 9 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so.... I didn't get yellow letter just an interview letter stating the date and time, what are the documents needed to bring, etc.. I think they send it randomly. Sometimes USCIS have different rule in every service center.

Edited by wworld808, 09 May 2009 - 09:12 PM.

I-130 Petition for alien relative (mom)
01/08/2010 - Mailed I-130 form via express mail
01/11/2010 - Received Application and signed by JPM
01/19/2010 - Received NOA1
03/10/2010 - Received approval notice via e-mail
03/15/2010 - Received NOA2 via mail

NVC
03/16/2010 - case no. assigned and registered both my mom and my e-mail addresses
03/18/2010 - Received DS-3032 form and AOS fee bill from NVC via e-mail
03/18/2010 - PAID AOS fee
03/20/2010 - e-mailed signed DS-3032 to NVC
03/23/2010 - Mailed I-864 packet via USPS
03/25/2010 - NVC received DS 3032 thru e-mail
03/26/2010 - NVC received I-864 packet
03/31/2010 - PAID IV Bill online
04/10/2010 - Received RFE, missing DS-230 and entire documents..... still waiting for my mom to send me her stuff. omg!
04/22/2010 - Mailed DS 230 packet via USPS Priority Mail.... huh! finally I received my mom's docs.
04/26/2010 - NVC received DS 230 packet
05/07/2010 - Sign-in FAILED....great!
05/10/2010 - Talked to the NVC operator and said "CASE COMPLETED" on 05/10/2010
05/13/2010 - Received Interview Appt. on 06/02/2010 via e-mail
05/17/2010 - Medical Exam
06/02/2010 - Interview Appointment PASSED
06/23/2010 - Returned her passport to Singapore Embassy for issuance of visa
06/30/2010 - Visa Received... Yehey!!
09/16/2010 - Arrived in Hawaii
10/02/2010 - Received Welcome Notice
10/12/2010 - Applied for SS #
10/13/2010 - Received 10 years permanent card
10/18/2010 - Received ss card

#12 spi9959

spi9959

• PipPipPipPip

• Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (wworld808 @ May 9 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jsnearline @ May 9 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think so.... I didn't get yellow letter just an interview letter stating the date and time, what are the documents needed to bring, etc.. I think they send it randomly. Sometimes USCIS have different rule in every service center.

After waiting over two months from the receipt of the N-400 with no further response from USCIS, my wife sent a letter to NBC using the address on the N-400. She stated that she was worried that a biometric appointment letter had been sent to her and lost in the mail. Not a week later, she got the yellow letter! So, hopefully, she'll get an interview letter soon.

We don't mind about the repetitive requests for the same evidence; the difficulties were in getting everything that they wanted for the green card. Now that we have it all, it's just a question of making multiple copies.

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.