babonsi

USPS attempted delivery - Notice left

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

OK, not sure what to make of this now. We've sent the N-400 last Mon, 4/06 via Certified Mail with return receipt. Upon checking the status on USPS later in the week, I got this message:

"Status: Notice Left

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:02 PM on April 8, 2009 in PHOENIX, AZ 85036 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

I know this is pretty common with items being sent Certified with return receipt to a P.O. Box and that it eventually gets picked up, usually the next business day or so. But this is a week later now and the message remains unchanged on the USPS site. At this point I guess we can only wait and see what happens next, as it certainly won't do any good to contact USPS for more info.

Has anyone experienced such delay in having their application delivered to one of the lockboxes recently? I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance that our package won't just sit there unclaimed for 15 days, only to get returned later. We have a trip planned for late May and we kinda tried and time this, so that I would be scheduled for Biometrics before our trip. That was feasible, from looking at the other timelines, but now it's cutting it too close with not much wiggle room. I forgot how nerve wracking dealing with USCIS can be :wacko:

M & S

Naturalization timeline:

04-06-2009 N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

04-08-2009 N-400 delivered

04-14-2009 Check cashed

04-18-2009 NOA received (Priority Date: 4/08, Notice Date: 4/13)

04-22-2009 Biometrics notice received

05-08-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-26-2009 Interview letter received

07-07-2009 Interview appointment - APPROVED!

07-15-2009 Oath letter received

08-12-2009 Oath Ceremony @ Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

I am now a U.S. Citizen! - exactly 4 years after moving to the US

08-15-2009 Applied for U.S. Passport (regular service)

09-18-2009 Passport card received

09-19-2009 Passport book received

xx-xx-2009 Naturalization Certificate arrives back

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's possible the post office never updated their records. I've had things delivered with delvery confirmation where they never bothered to update the status. Needless to say, I got refunds for those.

Well, at some point, USCIS has to cash your check. Or, if the post office can't deliver it, then at some point they will return it to you.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

My package arrived at the Texas Lockbox today, and the tracking status on USPS site is kind of odd. It says that a notice was left, but then on the next line it says "Delivered" at the same time as the notice was left. How can they both happen at the same time??? Hmm, I guess will have to wait for the check to be cashed or get my green return receipt postcard.

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

usps is horrible with online updates...... so take it with a grain of salt.

usa.gifN-400 Naturalization Timeline

04/01/2009 - Sent Application via USPS Regular Mail

04/09/2009 - Check Cashed

04/13/2009 - Received NOA

04/18/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/28/2009 - Biometrics Appointment @ 2:00 PM

05/09/2009 - Received Interview Letter Appointment

06/03/2009 - Received Yellow Letter requesting to bring Driver's License

07/02/2009 - Interview Date *APPROVED*

07/10/2009 - Oath Letter Sent Out from USCIS

07/14/2009 - Oath Appointment Letter Received

07/27/2009 - Oath Ceremony Date *COMPLETE, NOW A U.S CITIZEN!!*

07/27/2009 - Updated Records with Social Security Administration

07/27/2009 - Mailed in Application for Passport (Regular Service)

08/10/2009 - Passport Received in Hand!!!!

usa.gifLength of Process:

3 Months, 27 Days - Day 1 Mailing Date -> Oath Ceremony Date

15 Days - Passport Application Mailing -> Passport Received in Hand

usps is horrible with online updates...... so take it with a grain of salt.

True that is!

I have packages still showing in "shipment", over three years since they were sent and received.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

OK, not sure what to make of this now. We've sent the N-400 last Mon, 4/06 via Certified Mail with return receipt. Upon checking the status on USPS later in the week, I got this message:

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:02 PM on April 8, 2009 in PHOENIX, AZ 85036 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

I know this is pretty common with items being sent Certified with return receipt to a P.O. Box and that it eventually gets picked up, usually the next business day or so. But this is a week later now and the message remains unchanged on the USPS site. At this point I guess we can only wait and see what happens next, as it certainly won't do any good to contact USPS for more info.

Has anyone experienced such delay in having their application delivered to one of the lockboxes recently? I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance that our package won't just sit there unclaimed for 15 days, only to get returned later. We have a trip planned for late May and we kinda tried and time this, so that I would be scheduled for Biometrics before our trip. That was feasible, from looking at the other timelines, but now it's cutting it too close with not much wiggle room. I forgot how nerve wracking dealing with USCIS can be :wacko:

same thing for me ,but the message of the notice left was only shown for 3 or 4 hours and then it said received and signed...also it was received at a defferent zip code..when i went to the post office they told me that is normal it's same post office with deffernt zip code...

if i was you i will contact the usps in person as soon as possible...don't try to call ,it's hard to reach a real person,and they will tell you the same thing u saw online...

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Well, thanks for your input guys. Just thought I'd update this in case someone encounters the same problem (and, knowing how "efficient" USPS is, they probably will!) My check was cashed yesterday, 4/14, and posted today so I'd say they received the package! I even contacted USPS yesterday and, after about 30 mins of going through the automated system trying to get to speak to an actual human being, she said that they ALWAYS update their system and that the status message is accurate. Right! :whistle:

M & S

Naturalization timeline:

04-06-2009 N-400 sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

04-08-2009 N-400 delivered

04-14-2009 Check cashed

04-18-2009 NOA received (Priority Date: 4/08, Notice Date: 4/13)

04-22-2009 Biometrics notice received

05-08-2009 Biometrics appointment

05-26-2009 Interview letter received

07-07-2009 Interview appointment - APPROVED!

07-15-2009 Oath letter received

08-12-2009 Oath Ceremony @ Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

I am now a U.S. Citizen! - exactly 4 years after moving to the US

08-15-2009 Applied for U.S. Passport (regular service)

09-18-2009 Passport card received

09-19-2009 Passport book received

xx-xx-2009 Naturalization Certificate arrives back

Well, thanks for your input guys. Just thought I'd update this in case someone encounters the same problem (and, knowing how "efficient" USPS is, they probably will!) My check was cashed yesterday, 4/14, and posted today so I'd say they received the package! I even contacted USPS yesterday and, after about 30 mins of going through the automated system trying to get to speak to an actual human being, she said that they ALWAYS update their system and that the status message is accurate. Right! :whistle:

Thanks for the update!

Well... talking to government agency (count USPS in) seldom leads to good result, most of the time it's a waste of time/energy if it doesn't make anything worse.

Good Luck for the last few steps on your journey! :star:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Glad to hear you finally know they received it.

I know exactly how you feel. I paid extra for certified and tracking on all of our immigration packages: K-1; Work permit; AOS; Removal of conditions; and lastly the N-400.

Of all five times the tracking worked only once.

USPS stinks.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello there! Sorry for the message you got from usps, I sent my N-400 4/15 via express mail in texas with their address for express/courier& paid $24.20 and it's worth it bec. it's overnight only and they did received it 4/16 1:18pm. They also left notice around 10:42 and 10:52 4/16 then finally @ 1:18 delivered& signed by C smith form uscis.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.