seakayaker

New free tool for studying the 100 questions

166 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
:thumbs: I will forward this to my husband to study. Is it bad that I can't answer half the questions and I'm the USC?? lol

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

:thumbs: I will forward this to my husband to study. Is it bad that I can't answer half the questions and I'm the USC?? lol

For anyone who has an iPhone... there's also an app for that. :) Well, there's several, I think - I downloaded one a couple of months ago called "Naturalization Test" and have resorted to going through the questions a couple of times on boring car journeys (and I'm not even eligible to file my N-400 yet). It's pretty good - it gives the questions as (sort of) "flash cards" that you can flip to see the answer, and you can mark "favorites" (i.e. the ones you have trouble remembering) and tell it to ignore questions too (i.e. the easy ones). I will definitely be using it a lot in the coming months, until I can get all those answers drummed into my thick skull! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Fabulous! Great job!

I've also looked for audio study guides...couldn't find anything so I just recorded myself asking and answering the questions so my hubby can listen on his iPod while he is biking or whatever. I have done half of them so far. If anyone knows of a resource like this out there, free or for sale, let me know. (My voice is tired!) :)

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Fabulous! Great job!

I've also looked for audio study guides...couldn't find anything so I just recorded myself asking and answering the questions so my hubby can listen on his iPod while he is biking or whatever. I have done half of them so far. If anyone knows of a resource like this out there, free or for sale, let me know. (My voice is tired!) :)

Try this link, I'm using it to review for the civics test. It has audio. Save your voice for the interview. :) I'll try to look for the downloadable mp3 file.. for some reason I can't find it in my bookmark anymore. I'll post it here when I find it. It's the same as the audio CD that USCIS hands out to applicants on N-400 biometrics.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

Try this link, I'm using it to review for the civics test. It has audio. Save your voice for the interview. :) I'll try to look for the downloadable mp3 file.. for some reason I can't find it in my bookmark anymore. I'll post it here when I find it. It's the same as the audio CD that USCIS hands out to applicants on N-400 biometrics.

Oops, I thought you were the one applying for citizenship. My bad. Couldn't edit my post. But yes, save yourself the trouble. You can download the audio file here. AUDIO CIVICS TEST, click regular download and scroll to the bottom link to start downloading. I uploaded it to my ipod.

Edited by ~krakatoa~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Awesome! Thanks! The Audio Civics Test is exactly what I was trying to recreate. Perfect!

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Hi,

How are you all studying the 100 civics questions? After reading them from top to bottom a few times I got bored... As a result, I created this simple (pure html) quiz tool that I am now using:

http://mysite.verizo...CivicsTest.html

This link no longer works - use this link instead: http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html )

Perhaps you find it useful too. Feedback is very welcome.

(Yes, I know there are other online tools available for this purpose. But I haven't found one that I like)

I am not into que cards but I think that is a great way to study things like this. I might try it one day too.

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Sorry..

This Test Need to be Up-dated to oct 2009 Test

Edited by Kathryn41
to add working link

• 3 weeks later...

This is an absolutely awesome little tool that helps you with all the questions, and it sure beats flipping through the paper card cutouts over and over again. Thank you seakayaker !

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi,

How are you all studying the 100 civics questions? After reading them from top to bottom a few times I got bored... As a result, I created this simple (pure html) quiz tool that I am now using:

<a href="http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tests/NewCivicsTest.html" target="_blank">http://mysite.verizon.net/amaruk/tests/NewCivicsTest.html</a>

Perhaps you find it useful too. Feedback is very welcome.

(Yes, I know there are other online tools available for this purpose. But I haven't found one that I like)

I am not into que cards but I think that is a great way to study things like this. I might try it one day too.

Cheers and good luck to you all!

Thanks a bunch for creating and sharing this helpful tools, seakayaker. It is very interesting too.

My NVC Journey

10/12/10 –NVC received the file

10/15/10 -NVC case # generated

10/18/10 -Called NVC and gave both beneficiary and petitioner email addresses

10/19/10 - Beneficiary emailed DS-3032 to NVC and also mailed the hard copy

10/26/10 - Called NVC and got the IIN

10/26/10 - Paid AOS fee $ 88.00

10/27/10 - AOS fee status shows "PAID"

10/27/10 - AOS package expressed mailed (next day delivery)

10/30/10 - IV fee bill generated and paid immediately

10/30/10 - Received AOS fee bill and DS-3032 kit and also received the confirmation of receipt of DS-3032

11/04/10 - IV fee bill status shown as "paid"

11/04/10 - Sent IV package (next day delivery)

11/06/10 - Received IV instructions packet (packet 3) via email

11/08/10 - AOS entered into NVC system

11/16/10 - AOS was reviewed and OK'ed

11/18/10 - IV entered into NVC system

11/24/10 - IV package was reviewed and generated artificial RFE for missing photographs (which was actually submitted with the package)

11/26/10 - RFE response mailed out

11/29/10 - RFE response delivered to NVC

12/08/10 - RFE response entered into NVC system

12/15/10 - SIF :)

12/15/10 - Case Complete :)

01/03/11 - Interview date assigned for Feb 15 @ 1:30 PM

01/17/11 - Medical done ! Passed

01/25/11 - Re-scheduled the interview for Feb 1 @ 1:00 PM

02/01/11 - Interview @ 1:00 PM - Approved :)

02/03/11 - Visa picked up from USEM

02/12/11 - POE @ JFK

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sorry..

This Test Need to be Up-dated to oct 2009 Test

Hi Nigel,

Is there a newer test out now? When I created this page (spring 2009) it reflected the test that was the "new test" at that time. If the test has been updated since, please let me know and I will update the quiz.

Thanks!

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks for your nice comments about this quiz!

This test has been residing on my verizon pages and now that I am moving (can't keep verizon...) I have moved the quiz to this page:

http://amaruk.atspace.com/tests/NewCivicsTest.html

Moderators, if you could please update the link in my original post at the top of this thread (I can't edit it anymore) that would be great!!

Cheers!

Watch me struggle at the piano with a piece from the French movie Amélie on YouTube:

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.