Mme Rej

1-797C, Notice of Action

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Cameroon
Timeline

:dance::dance:

Hi Guys, I have not been here on this site for a long time. On January 30th, 2009 my husband finally received the notice from the Vermont Center stating the removal of conditional basis of lawful permanent residence.

Congratulation! your request for removal of the conditional to permanent has been approved..This is good news I wanted to share with you.

We filed last year sent documentation in January of 2008 and heard from the Center in December 2008 wanting more proofs, so we supplied with firmness and received the notice the first week of February2009..

However his extension of working and traveling has expired in January 2009. So now he can no longer work and travel until he gets his valid document (green card).

My question is: has any of you waited a long period of time before receiving your green card?

Today I have called the JFK Building in Boston (homeland security) and the person told me that it should be mailed within 30 days of being approved..

We are planning to go to Quebec City this weekend, I (wife)guess I will be going alone. No GC in the mail today.

See you all and good luck to all (us included) smiling! :dance:

Congratulations!!!!

I think you can take the NOA giving the one Year extension and the NOA for Approval and go to your local USCIS office. I think they can give you an extension pending receipt of his 10 year GC. Good Luck.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are able to make an INFOPASS appointment before this weekend have him go to his local USCIS office, bring his passport and the approval notice, advise them that he needs to leave the US this weekend and get an I-551 stamp in his passport. It will allow him to continue to work and to travel while waiting for his green card to arrive. My green card took about 2 weeks to arrive.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

If you are able to make an INFOPASS appointment before this weekend have him go to his local USCIS office, bring his passport and the approval notice, advise them that he needs to leave the US this weekend and get an I-551 stamp in his passport. It will allow him to continue to work and to travel while waiting for his green card to arrive. My green card took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Absolutely agreed with Kathryn41. Add one point, should get the I-551 stamp two weeks before your extension letter expired, that way you can continue to work and travel without problem.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

We applied to VSC also in Jan 2008 and haven't gotten an approval or RFE.

I called the USCIS hotline in Jan 2009 who told me they would forward our request to VSC because it had passed the normal processing time. We recieved a letter 3 weeks ago stating it would be another 60 days before they would make a decision. :blink:

It is very rare though to be waiting since January though.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

Congrats, sorry the card didn't arrive in time. :unsure:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.