Ken Noland

Expedited K1 Visa

23 posts in this topic

All correct but no real need to worry about the NVC stage for a K1 visa as it's just a matter of less than a week anyway. I'd contact Frankfurt though, maybe fax them your approved expedite request and NVC assigned case number as soon as you have it.

True for most, pushbrk. However I mentioned it in my reply because it seems more and more people are actually getting held up at NVC for a number of weeks and even months these days ...so it may be something this couple needs to consider.

:yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, you certainly would want to request an expedite if needed. Often cases pass through NVC before petitioners even know it. They get a case number after the case is already forwarded. I'm sure the petitioner will stay on top of it all the way through.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

In terms of the vaccinations, unless the beneficiary has a very god reason some vaccinations cannot be done (such as she is pregnant), as the others have said they will need to be done; a waiver to not have to do vaccination will set you back time wise, and that is the last thing you want, especially as there is no guarantee of approval. If you are just worried because there are no vaccination records, you could speed things up by starting to get the vaccines now.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Okay, so sounds like I need to get her to the doctors right away to get the vaccines. Some of them she has moral problems with(specifically the Influenza vaccine since a friend of a friend of hers allegedly died due to complications, although I would seriously doubt her friend who told her that), and I don't know how happy she'll be to hear that they are necessary... oh well!

So it sounds like I'll need to contact a few more agencies in order to get the processing time down to the next few weeks.

According to this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical the trends show that NVC processing times could take as long as 17 days. hmmm... I'll see if I can hopefully speed that along too!

As far as I know, they are forwarding my request for expedite to the German consulate... I guess we'll see on that!

Thanks again for all your help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I should've been more accurate with my terms. I just found out that there is a huge difference between expedited applications and congressional aid applications. The assistance I am getting is with congressional aid due to extreme medical conditions that would be detrimental if we waited another 6 months.

I know terminology is important, so I thought I'd clarify!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Isa and I filed our paperwork for the K1 visa and it was accepted into the California Service Center(CSC) January 4th 2009. Due to reasons I would not like to get into on public forums, but are health related and extremely unfortunate, our application has been put in the expedited queue at the CSC.

I have a few questions though that you guys might be able to answer.

First of all, has anyone ever heard of an expedited K1 visa? I did a quick search and I wasn't able to find any similar cases. I asked and they said that they will process it as soon as possible, but that doesn't give me any kind of timeline. Any ideas on when things will happen in an expedited case?

Also, I'm worried that because she doesn't have all the necessary vaccinations yet, she may be declined at the medical screening. Is there any way you guys know of to get a waiver on some of the vaccinations?

Isa and I are not doing this through any law firm, we are doing this on our own and when the situation turned from bad to worse we contacted a friend who was able to point us in the right direction to get our case pushed through as fast as possible. I apologize to all those who have been waiting months and years even, but the set of circumstances behind this expedite are extremely unfortunate for both Isa and I(I wanted to make that clear so people didn't turn this thread into a series of "you lucky..." and "how did you..." type of responses).

Thanks!

We received an expedited K1 Visa. I'm in the Military and I was deployed at the time. The only thing that was really Expedited was the Approval. I submitted a copy of my orders saying I was currntly deployed and the next day we were approved. That was it. Everything else was in the normal time Frame, but we were approved none the less. She did the police report, hospital visits, embassy interview. SHe arrived, We got married, sent in for the AOS, received a couple RFE's ( stuff that I submitted previously ) Then we get a letter stating that our case may become abandoned because we failed to show at an biometrics appt. a letter in which we did not receive. I've called several times and i'm just told to wait for a letter with the decision. They said more than likely she will need to return to Japan and we will have to start all over again.

Expedited case may be differnt due to Medical conditions, that was just my expedited story.

good luck and I hope all works out for you 2

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
All correct but no real need to worry about the NVC stage for a K1 visa as it's just a matter of less than a week anyway. I'd contact Frankfurt though, maybe fax them your approved expedite request and NVC assigned case number as soon as you have it.

True for most, pushbrk. However I mentioned it in my reply because it seems more and more people are actually getting held up at NVC for a number of weeks and even months these days ...so it may be something this couple needs to consider.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::yes:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.