imoaninus

Request for Initial Evidence(I-485)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi gentle visa journey users,

I have K-3 visa and am in the middle of the process adjusting my status to K-1 plus getting working permission. Since I was requested to send Initial Evidence, I sent all documents to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, PO Box 648004, Lee's Summit, MO 64002 more than a month ago.

However, my online status hasn't changed yet from the one I saw before I sent them, which says that I need to send Initial Evidence.

Am I supposed to get any notice from them that they received my documents or not?

Is there any ways to confirm that they get my documents apart from calling NCSC(1-800-375-5283)?

If they don't get the information within 87 days, my case'd be denied and I have to do all over that again.

It's very stressful!!

Could anyone please give me an advice?

Thank you.

Why are you adjusting from K-3 to k-1? or are you adjusting status from K-3 to permanent resident? this is confusing.

You should;ve sent your stuff through USPS certified mail so you could track your package. The CIS office in MO is slow like every other office and with the volume of the apps they get daily, it may take a few days before they notify you about receiving the stuff you sent to them.

I have K-3 visa and am in the middle of the process adjusting my status to K-1 plus getting working permission. Since I was requested to send Initial Evidence, I sent all documents to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, PO Box 648004, Lee's Summit, MO 64002 more than a month ago.

However, my online status hasn't changed yet from the one I saw before I sent them, which says that I need to send Initial Evidence.

Am I supposed to get any notice from them that they received my documents or not?

Is there any ways to confirm that they get my documents apart from calling NCSC(1-800-375-5283)?

If they don't get the information within 87 days, my case'd be denied and I have to do all over that again.

It's very stressful!!

Thank you.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2006-07-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-02-02

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2007-03-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2007-03-15

Interview Date : 2007-05-11 Submit Review

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2007-05-31

I-130 Approval : 2006-12-06

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2008-07-17

NOA Date : 2008-07-21

RFE(s) : 2009-01-26 (for the Td shot)

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-12

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-02-02 I got an email from CRIS last night saying that they have ordered my card for production it also said to wait 30 days to get in the mail

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received: 2009-02-14

Comments : Got my Permanent Green Card in the mail on Valentine's Day!!! Isn't that amazing??!!! This is the greatest Valentine's Day gift ever!

Filed: Timeline

It's very stressful!!

Thank you.

You can not adjust your status from a K3 to a K1. I think you mean you are adjusting your status from K3 to lawful permanent resident.

As already said if you sent it with tracking you can check to see if it has been delivered. or you can check the status of your case at USCIS website and it should update to say processing resumed when they have got the requested information you sent.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp follow the instructions to check your status.

Moved to Adjustment of Status (Greencard) from Family Based Visa

• 1 month later...

It's very stressful!!

Thank you.

Hi the same thing is happening to me, I sent the evidence one month ago and my status is the same and I am very concern about it, did you recive something already?/

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.