Jimmy and Angela

what happens if you have to miss the interview

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
ok i called today and was told no problem but they had to talk to my wife (she can't be reached). I was advised to go to the interview and tell them what happened. She said it should not be a problem.

I am adding to this thread because we were worrying about something similar.

My husband will be redeploying to Iraq in the next months so he will not be here when (if) we are called in for the interview.

Do you all recommend I just go to the interview by myself and explain also?

Is it possible to call/write directly to the local USCIS offices where the interview will take place or does everything go through that 1-800 line?

Many thanks for your feedback.

have you tried to call and explain your situation and see if the date can be changed because he is going to iraq?

Filed: Timeline
ok i called today and was told no problem but they had to talk to my wife (she can't be reached). I was advised to go to the interview and tell them what happened. She said it should not be a problem.

My husband will be redeploying to Iraq in the next months so he will not be here when (if) we are called in for the interview.

Is it possible to call/write directly to the local USCIS offices where the interview will take place or does everything go through that 1-800 line?

have you tried to call and explain your situation and see if the date can be changed because he is going to iraq?

If your husband has been deployed all you need to do is take a copy of his orders with you to your interview along with all your evidence and they will interview you alone.

Do a search here on VJ for others who did AOS interview alone because their spouse had been deployed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I was told by the US embassy in Phnom Penh that there is no way to re-schedule an interview date , but to just come in as soon as possible and explain the situation more. A major part of our visa package was not present and was still in the mail which made it impossible to do an interview on the scheduled day. My fiancee simply went back to the embassy about 2 weeks later, was granted an interview as a walk-in and was granted approval that day. I am sure if you have enough explaination, most interviewers will understand. HAHA, not ALL are evil!! :devil:

I was told by the US embassy in Phnom Penh that there is no way to re-schedule an interview date , but to just come in as soon as possible and explain the situation more. A major part of our visa package was not present and was still in the mail which made it impossible to do an interview on the scheduled day. My fiancee simply went back to the embassy about 2 weeks later, was granted an interview as a walk-in and was granted approval that day. I am sure if you have enough explaination, most interviewers will understand. HAHA, not ALL are evil!! :devil:

There is a big diffrence between K1 interview at an embassy and a AOS interview at a local USCIS office in the USA. Its not just a case of going back when you can!!!!

If your husband has been deployed all you need to do is take a copy of his orders with you to your interview along with all your evidence and they will interview you alone.

Do a search here on VJ for others who did AOS interview alone because their spouse had been deployed.

So we won't have to reschedule? That is brilliant. Thanks so much for your reply!

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well I went to the interview today. I gave the interviewer the letter I mailed and after reading it, he asked me if my wife was out of the country with AP. I told him she had an AP plus she had a K-3 visa so she is good.

He said they would reschedule the interview

YIPPEE!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline
well I went to the interview today. I gave the interviewer the letter I mailed and after reading it, he asked me if my wife was out of the country with AP. I told him she had an AP plus she had a K-3 visa so she is good.

YIPPEE!!!!!!

I,

I'm so glad you got your interview, I want juste to ask about your case, because I have almost the same , I filed my AOS (K3) in august 25, passed biometric in septembre 19, and I sill waiting for interview....Does your case in the National benefit center in Missouri.??? I called them they say it take 6 to 9 monthes....I'm a little worried because I see many people they got ther interview ...thanks for helping

YIPPEE!!!!!!

So glad things worked out ok for you and your wife. It was a very good idea to go to the interview and explain. You are one of very few people who has been able to reschedule the interview without ending up with a denial.

Congrats.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

YIPPEE!!!!!!

I,

I'm so glad you got your interview, I want juste to ask about your case, because I have almost the same , I filed my AOS (K3) in august 25, passed biometric in septembre 19, and I sill waiting for interview....Does your case in the National benefit center in Missouri.??? I called them they say it take 6 to 9 monthes....I'm a little worried because I see many people they got ther interview ...thanks for helping

we filed in September

yes it is at MSC

Biometrics sept 26

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.