alphajon

2 Questions on filling out I-864 form for two parents

4 posts in this topic

Hi I am trying to fill out the I-864 Affvdt form for each parent.

There is part 3 question 9 asking if I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principalimmigrant named in Part 2 above. Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.

So for example if I am filling out this form for my dad the question above do I put my mom on the list in question 9?

The last part of the question saids Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition. So i filed two separate

I -130 forms.

SO what does this mean? Do I leave her out of the list. I do the same when i fill out my mom's I 864

#################

Another question:

What would the household size be so far I am living with my wife - So this is considered 2 and when my parents come up it would be 4 in total.

So should I put sponsoring 2 meaning 4 total household on each form or how should I do this?

You r help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

No, you don't include your other parent on Question 9 of Part 3 as you'll be filing for each of them separately under separate visa petition.

No, on both household count, it'll be only 3 (if it's you/wife and mom) and 3 on the other I-864 form for (you/wife and your dad). The reason is "If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZwho are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here." Since, you are filing for both of them at once and they haven't got LPR, you don't need to double count them.

Edited by ilikeallofu

USC petitioning for parents:

NVC:

1-7-09 NVC Received file, NVC Case# created

1-14-09 NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS Fee bill

1-15-09 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

1-20-09 Received in mail DS-3032 / I-864 Bill from NVC

1-20-09 Paid I-864 Bill (Online)

1-21-09 Shows AOS Fee Bill Paid online

1-23-09 Return Completed I-864

1-23-09 NVC AVR message says IV Bill generated

1-23-09 Paid IV Bill online

2-9-09 DS-230 package sent to NVC

2-11-09 DS-230 received at NVC

2-17-09 Case Completed at NVC

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

x-xx-09 Consulate Received

4-29-09 Interview Date (Interview rescheduled for earlier date of 4-20-2009)

4-20-09 Interview Successful (asked to come back for the visa on 4-23-2009)

4-23-09 Visa Received

5-22-09 US Entry : Entry at IAD.

No, you don't include your other parent on Question 9 of Part 3 as you'll be filing for each of them separately under separate visa petition.

No, on both household count, it'll be only 3 (if it's you/wife and mom) and 3 on the other I-864 form for (you/wife and your dad). The reason is "If you have sponsored any other persons on an I-864 or I-864 EZwho are now lawful permanent residents, enter the number here." Since, you are filing for both of them at once and they haven't got LPR, you don't need to double count them.

Thank you that helped me alot.

One last question

So since i will file for them independently and they need to list their finances. I know it is optional if that have to list there stuff and it is joint. Do I have divide the asset total by 2 and could my mom and dad use thier asets jointly or it has to be separate like list their own accounts and son.

Thanks for your help

Jonathan

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
One last question

So since i will file for them independently and they need to list their finances. I know it is optional if that have to list there stuff and it is joint. Do I have divide the asset total by 2 and could my mom and dad use thier asets jointly or it has to be separate like list their own accounts and son.

Thanks for your help

Jonathan

I honestly don't know the answer to your question, because I didn't fill that part out. If you meet the Poverty Guidelines, no need to fill out the other financial stuffs. Maybe some others can shed some light on how they proceed with the declaring the assets.

USC petitioning for parents:

NVC:

1-7-09 NVC Received file, NVC Case# created

1-14-09 NVC Sent DS-3032/AOS Fee bill

1-15-09 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

1-20-09 Received in mail DS-3032 / I-864 Bill from NVC

1-20-09 Paid I-864 Bill (Online)

1-21-09 Shows AOS Fee Bill Paid online

1-23-09 Return Completed I-864

1-23-09 NVC AVR message says IV Bill generated

1-23-09 Paid IV Bill online

2-9-09 DS-230 package sent to NVC

2-11-09 DS-230 received at NVC

2-17-09 Case Completed at NVC

2-25-09 NVC Left

4-29-09 Interview Date (Called AVR on 2/26/2009 and it said all documents sent to the consulate in KTM, Nepal. Also, talked to the operator on the same day and she said the interview has been set for 4/29/2009 and should be receiving the interview letter soon).

Consulate:

x-xx-09 Consulate Received

4-29-09 Interview Date (Interview rescheduled for earlier date of 4-20-2009)

4-20-09 Interview Successful (asked to come back for the visa on 4-23-2009)

4-23-09 Visa Received

5-22-09 US Entry : Entry at IAD.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.