MaryandMian

VSC Transfers to CSC

30 posts in this topic

Great News! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have mixed feelings about this situation. I filed in June 2008, so I was expecting to wait another few months anyway for approval. I am not one of you guys whose approval is around the corner, but it wasn't so far away either. This whole moving around of the files increases the chances for files getting lost, which is why I am not too happy about it. I suppose if we all start seeing a flow of quick approvals, the it means it was a good idea after all, at least for us, VSC applicants, who have to wait 12 months or more for approval.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I don't want mine to go to CA either. I am already past a 12 month wait! What happen to the good ol' days when you could just marry someone and snap you were a citizen...

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't want mine to go to CA either. I am already past a 12 month wait! What happen to the good ol' days when you could just marry someone and snap you were a citizen...

How old are you? It's not been like that in the US since the 1800s! lol

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I am 25. I know it's been a long time since then but I just wish the process was easier and less time consuming.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

01/10/08 - Application sent to VSC

01/22/08 - Application Received

02/02/08 - Biometrics done

01/29/09 - I-551 stamped in passport at Tampa ofc

04/25/09 - RFE received

04/27/09 - RFE Sent back to VSC with additional documentation

05/11/09 - Approval notice received

05/18/09 - GreenCard arrived!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I sure hope we get approved before they transfer the files as well, otherwise it will be back to the end of the line again - just like what happened with our AOS - waited 14 months and just before they got to where we were in the list, we were transferred to California - and waited another 9 months for our approval. I WANT to be approved now and not have to wait another 8 or 9 months because California gets saturated because of VSC's incompetency.

If that happens Kathryn I'd just go ahead and file for citizenship if I were you...

That way at least your file will get relocated back to your local office to be handled at the same time as your US Citizenship.

Either way I end up waiting - Atlanta is taking 9 months right now to do citizenship applications :-(. Actually, I am going to go to my Senator's office tomorrow and ask for their intervention. The fact that your application was approved nearly 10 days ago and we applied on exactly the same date and had biometrics one day apart proves they are not doing first come first serve. Enough is enough. It is going on 6 years since I started this visa journey and I have ended up in the slowest moving line in each and every stage of the process. Friends who hadn't even met when we got married received the removal of conditions a year ago now. I know life's not fair but just once I would llike to be on the right side of the equation with regards to immigration.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it possible they took care of mine first simply because i'd filed for citizenship? Just a thought.

I sure hope we get approved before they transfer the files as well, otherwise it will be back to the end of the line again - just like what happened with our AOS - waited 14 months and just before they got to where we were in the list, we were transferred to California - and waited another 9 months for our approval. I WANT to be approved now and not have to wait another 8 or 9 months because California gets saturated because of VSC's incompetency.

If that happens Kathryn I'd just go ahead and file for citizenship if I were you...

That way at least your file will get relocated back to your local office to be handled at the same time as your US Citizenship.

Either way I end up waiting - Atlanta is taking 9 months right now to do citizenship applications :-(. Actually, I am going to go to my Senator's office tomorrow and ask for their intervention. The fact that your application was approved nearly 10 days ago and we applied on exactly the same date and had biometrics one day apart proves they are not doing first come first serve. Enough is enough. It is going on 6 years since I started this visa journey and I have ended up in the slowest moving line in each and every stage of the process. Friends who hadn't even met when we got married received the removal of conditions a year ago now. I know life's not fair but just once I would llike to be on the right side of the equation with regards to immigration.

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
While this is very positive in the long run, given the history of what happened with the TSC transfers to VSC, I'm sure glad my case was approved BEFORE this transfer...

Things in the past have shown an inclination to get delayed/lost/otherwise messed up when these sorts of transfers initially start to take place...

Here's hoping they learned from past problems and things will go as fast and smooth as they intend this time!

It's bad news for people who are filing or about to file at CSC though - they won't be getting the amazing approval times that they have been doing!

I agree...Seeing, that VSC currently approves cases that were received late February makes me wonder if my case (mid march) is one of the transfers. Honestly, I wish they'd just leave it at VSC instead of shipping it to CSC. I'm scared the files get lost, forgotten about etc..

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
Is it possible they took care of mine first simply because i'd filed for citizenship? Just a thought.

I doubt that matters. I think that Kathryn41's file is with another person at VSC as yours was and that particular person is probably just slow. Very frustrating though.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Personally I think the transfer is a good idea. CSC just seems better at processing these I-751s.

I remember reading the forums here about a year ago.. all the cases from both TSC and NSC were being forwarded to CSC for a good part of 2007. CSC had no problems whatsoever processing all of these applications (as well as those sent directly to CSC) in under 6 months, and even faster.

Then in early 2008, NSC sent a large batch of older I-751s to CSC and they were all approved very rapidly. Meanwhile, TSC started forwarding their cases to VSC... and we all know what happened there... a slow center just became slower.

I have a feeling all the spring 2008 applications (including ours) will be the ones transferred to CSC. At this point I don't really care either way since we have been waiting so long, our approval wouldn't have been too far away even staying at VSC. Hopefully the transfer goes smoothly and none of the cases are misplaced in transit.. once they reach CSC, I am optimistic about processing speeds for transferred cases.

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I have a theory as to why we are seeing applications processed out of order. They are getting distributed to adjudicators in the order in which they were received, but from there it will depend on the human factor. Some staff will be more productive, getting through their cases faster, if someone take time off for vacation or illness, their cases will wait until they return. There will always be that human factor.

1/31/18 I-130 NOA 1 received Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Any confirmation for this? I know I'm being selfish, but hopefully this isnt true (my app is at CSC now).

Posted on AILA you can be pretty sure it is confirmed. This is Document No. 09012774 dated 1/27/09 and entitled "VSC Reports Sending 1-539s, I-751s and I-130s to CSC." AILA is the American Immigration Lawyers' Association and we have received information on internal processing actions like this from AILA before.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Kathryn41, I remember processing our AOS alongside you, except you started your AOS when we filed our K-1. You are totally right. Your journey has sucked and they should take care of you.

Plus I like your icon too. :)

• 2 months later...

Please add me to the list

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

10-15-08 - I-751 sent to VSC

10-23-08 - NOA1

11-09-08 - Biometric App't

03-23-09 - Moved to CSC ( I received a letter by mail)

waiting for approval -----

Thank you

:unsure:

As someone who will be submitting their I-751 in the coming months, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sure, it -might-... might be a good thing for people waiting at VSC, but at the same time it may just overload CSC and bog them down. 80,000 is an aweful lot of applications to dump -.-;

Hello everyone,

Please I need my info to be addes to the list:

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

10-15- I-751 sent to VSC

10-23-08 - NOA1

11-9-08 - Biometric App't

03-23-09 - Transfered to CSC (Letter by mail)

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.