Sign in to follow this  
MaryandMian

VSC Transfers to CSC

30 posts in this topic

I am active on several sites and a lawyer posted he got a memo from AILA yesterday. AILA is American Immigration Lawyer's Association. The memo can only be read by members but this gentleman was gracious enough to post the following information.

Here is the information and hopefully it means that some of us stuck at VCS from 2007 and early 2008 will have our cards shortly.

1/27/09 VSC Reports Sending I-539s, I-751s and I-130s to CSC

VSC Reports Sending I-539s, I-751s and I-130s to CSC. AILA Doc. No. 09012774. http://www.aila.org/RecentPosting/RecentPostingList.aspx

Hi:

AILA passed on the following notice [Thank you AILA]

# VSC will ship approximately 80,000 I-751s from our backlog to CSC starting the week of February 2nd. We intend to ship 10,000 I-751s per week, but will continue to adjudicate incoming I-751s.

10K files a week is unbelievable.

wow, thanks for the heads up

I am active on several sites and a lawyer posted he got a memo from AILA yesterday. AILA is American Immigration Lawyer's Association. The memo can only be read by members but this gentleman was gracious enough to post the following information.

Here is the information and hopefully it means that some of us stuck at VCS from 2007 and early 2008 will have our cards shortly.

VSC Reports Sending I-539s, I-751s and I-130s to CSC. AILA Doc. No. 09012774. http://www.aila.org/RecentPosting/RecentPostingList.aspx

Hi:

# VSC will ship approximately 80,000 I-751s from our backlog to CSC starting the week of February 2nd. We intend to ship 10,000 I-751s per week, but will continue to adjudicate incoming I-751s.

Hi:

Very nice to hear this news. VSC should have done that long time ago. I just mailed out my package yesterday, and hope that gets to transfer to CSC right away. CSC is known to finish within 3-4 months. Yay!

Hi:

Very nice to hear this news. VSC should have done that long time ago. I just mailed out my package yesterday, and hope that gets to transfer to CSC right away. CSC is known to finish within 3-4 months. Yay!

I do have a suggestion, why don't USCIS just change the assignment of states for the new cases? So we can just filed with CSC accordingly instead of them transferring the cases. It increases the chance of our case getting lost in the transfer process. But for the old cases already filed long ago, there is no choice. Well, at least they're doing something about the slow poke VSC, I shouldn't ask for too much. :P

This is good news. lets hope that they can clear some of the backlog. Let's also hope that CSC uses the recieved date at VSC to start the approval process. Not like they did with my AOS Application where they started all over again. :wacko:

Edited by ramc75

While this is very positive in the long run, given the history of what happened with the TSC transfers to VSC, I'm sure glad my case was approved BEFORE this transfer...

Things in the past have shown an inclination to get delayed/lost/otherwise messed up when these sorts of transfers initially start to take place...

Here's hoping they learned from past problems and things will go as fast and smooth as they intend this time!

It's bad news for people who are filing or about to file at CSC though - they won't be getting the amazing approval times that they have been doing!

Edited by jamieswith

That scares the bejeebees out of me. We're up for approval in about 5 weeks based on the timelines here and I sure hope they don't send our file to CSC. By the time it gets to California it would already have been gotten to by VSC.

I wonder if this is why CSC has been cranking them out the last few weeks - and I also wonder what happens to the people who are already at CSC. Everyone on the CSC list is passing us up, I'm not too worried, but if suddenly they're handling 10K more files I hope we are not lost in the shuffle.

I sure hope we get approved before they transfer the files as well, otherwise it will be back to the end of the line again - just like what happened with our AOS - waited 14 months and just before they got to where we were in the list, we were transferred to California - and waited another 9 months for our approval. I WANT to be approved now and not have to wait another 8 or 9 months because California gets saturated because of VSC's incompetency.

Talk about ridiculous! First, they send TSC and CSC applications to VSC because of their backlogs, now they are shipping our applications out to the West coast! This is just beyond stupidity! I pray that our case is adjudicated here at VSC, we too are right on that invisible cut off date!

I sure hope we get approved before they transfer the files as well, otherwise it will be back to the end of the line again - just like what happened with our AOS - waited 14 months and just before they got to where we were in the list, we were transferred to California - and waited another 9 months for our approval. I WANT to be approved now and not have to wait another 8 or 9 months because California gets saturated because of VSC's incompetency.

If that happens Kathryn I'd just go ahead and file for citizenship if I were you...

That way at least your file will get relocated back to your local office to be handled at the same time as your US Citizenship.

As someone who will be submitting their I-751 in the coming months, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sure, it -might-... might be a good thing for people waiting at VSC, but at the same time it may just overload CSC and bog them down. 80,000 is an aweful lot of applications to dump -.-;

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.