agni

September Filer, no change in status for I-130 and I-485

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

I am H1B currently and I filed my I130, I485, I765 along with the entire package on 9/24/08. My EAD was approved and I received the card on 12/12/08. The status for both I130 and I485 says:

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On September 29, 2008, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I was going thru the september filers list status and noticed several people have actually interview dates scheduled whereas my case has not been transferred or shown any change online. I haven't received any RFEs(thankfully). Mine should be open and shut case (relatively speaking) since I have been married to my USC wife for more than 3 years and have been working under H1B for over 5 years. Is there something I can do to find out whats going on? 1-800 number probably does not help. Anybody out there with a similar problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Agni

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello guys,

I am H1B currently and I filed my I130, I485, I765 along with the entire package on 9/24/08. My EAD was approved and I received the card on 12/12/08. The status for both I130 and I485 says:

On September 29, 2008, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I was going thru the september filers list status and noticed several people have actually interview dates scheduled whereas my case has not been transferred or shown any change online. I haven't received any RFEs(thankfully). Mine should be open and shut case (relatively speaking) since I have been married to my USC wife for more than 3 years and have been working under H1B for over 5 years. Is there something I can do to find out whats going on? 1-800 number probably does not help. Anybody out there with a similar problem? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Agni

I believe for H1-B visas case is handled at your local office, not at CSC or MSC (National Benefits Center), so follow the processing times estimates for your local office, not the September fillers timesheet. In the September timesheet most of the fillers are K-1 or K-3 so I don't think you can directly compare processing times, it is more important what your local office is..

For the record I'm also an H1-B and my AOS receipt is dated Oct-1. My case hasn't been touched since my biometric appointment (Oct 27). My local office is Chicago

Edited by vicmo

AOS Timeline (From H1-B)

09/27/2008 Sent AOS package (I-130/I-485)

09/28/2008 USPS delivered package

10/03/2008 NOA I-130, I-485

10/14/2008 Received Biometrics letter

10/16/2008 *TOUCH* I-130

10/17/2008 *TOUCH* I-130... The suspense!

10/25/2008 Biometrics appointment.. easy peasy!

10/27/2008 *TOUCH* I-485

12/29/2008 Interview Notice Date

03/02/2009 AOS interview.. Approved!

03/06/2009 Welcome letter received today! (Letter is postmarked March 4th)

01/05/2011 Applied for removal of conditions (I-751)

01/07/2011 USPS delivered package

05/19/2011 I-751 approved

10/15/2012 Applied for Naturalization (N-400)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hello guys,

Thanks,

Agni

I believe for H1-B visas case is handled at your local office, not at CSC or MSC (National Benefits Center), so follow the processing times estimates for your local office, not the September fillers timesheet. In the September timesheet most of the fillers are K-1 or K-3 so I don't think you can directly compare processing times, it is more important what your local office is..

For the record I'm also an H1-B and my AOS receipt is dated Oct-1. My case hasn't been touched since my biometric appointment (Oct 27). My local office is Chicago

Thanks for your reply, Vicmo. I'm not sure if my case is at the local office as my case # starts with a 'MSC'and the status update online shows that my application is with the national benefits center. Taking a hint from your reply I checked the processing times at my local USCIS center (Miami) and learnt the the current processing date for I485 is April 2008. Guessing that my case is at Miami, does that mean that I should expect a 8 month lag? Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello guys,

Thanks,

Agni

Thanks for your reply, Vicmo. I'm not sure if my case is at the local office as my case # starts with a 'MSC'and the status update online shows that my application is with the national benefits center. Taking a hint from your reply I checked the processing times at my local USCIS center (Miami) and learnt the the current processing date for I485 is April 2008. Guessing that my case is at Miami, does that mean that I should expect a 8 month lag? Thanks in advance.

April 2008 would be the worst case scenario. Also notice how the page says that the information was current as of 'September 30, 2008', Since that was 3 months ago, I would guess that right now they are processing July filers (worst-case-scenario), so I would expect to have an interview notice at the latest 2-3 months from now

AOS Timeline (From H1-B)

09/27/2008 Sent AOS package (I-130/I-485)

09/28/2008 USPS delivered package

10/03/2008 NOA I-130, I-485

10/14/2008 Received Biometrics letter

10/16/2008 *TOUCH* I-130

10/17/2008 *TOUCH* I-130... The suspense!

10/25/2008 Biometrics appointment.. easy peasy!

10/27/2008 *TOUCH* I-485

12/29/2008 Interview Notice Date

03/02/2009 AOS interview.. Approved!

03/06/2009 Welcome letter received today! (Letter is postmarked March 4th)

01/05/2011 Applied for removal of conditions (I-751)

01/07/2011 USPS delivered package

05/19/2011 I-751 approved

10/15/2012 Applied for Naturalization (N-400)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I filed in september from L1 visa - I just received my interview letter and the website still has no updates, so I guess it really is as bad as everyone says

03/01/2007 - POE - JFK (L-1 Visa)

01/15/2008 - Proposed

03/15/2008 - Married

09/02/2008 - Sent AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-693)

09/03/2008 - Received - Signed by SMITH

09/04/2008 - Checks deposited

09/10/2008 - Checks cleared ($1010 + $355)

09/12/2008 - 2 NOA's received (I-130, I-485) - Dated 09/08/08

09/16/2008 - Received notice for biometrics appointment on 09/30/2008

09/20/2008 - Biometrics done - Walk in (Orlando) Took 10 minutes

09/22/2008 - I-485 viewable online (pending, of course)

09/30/2008 - Biometrics Appointment (2pm)

12/30/2008 - Received Interview Letter

02/25/2008 - Interview

03/06/2008 - Welcome Letter received (the website will clearly never send me updates!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.