mrdavidc

Police Clearance Certificate advice in in London UK

7 posts in this topic

Hi

My Wife is doing an I-130 for me in London so we can live in USA, they want a police clearance certificate, how do I get one, what information is on it, how many years do they go back for the information? do I just go to a police station and ask for one? will they know what I am talking about? is it the same as an enhanced CRB check? any advice appreciated. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Start here:

Police Records

Available. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a statement from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Criminal Records Office. Applicants will find further guidance and application forms at the following website: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Consular officers who received “No Live Trace” results for an applicant should contact London’s Fraud Prevention Manager for further information. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 enables some criminal convictions to become 'spent', or ignored, after a set length of time from the date of conviction. After this period, with certain exceptions, an ex-offender is not normally obliged to mention their conviction when applying for a job or obtaining insurance, or when involved in criminal or civil proceedings. The “No Live Trace” indicates that information may be available relating to a ‘spent’ conviction. “No Trace” indicates a clean police record.

Applicants are legally entitled to gain access to the information about themselves under Section 7 of the British Data Protection Act, 1998.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3699.html

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...s2001.html#pcuk

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Start here: Thanks, That info has proved invaluable, its taken me 2 weeks of searching to get the answer I needed, Thank you. David

Police Records

Available. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in the United Kingdom for six months or more since the age of sixteen are required to obtain a statement from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Criminal Records Office. Applicants will find further guidance and application forms at the following website: http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Consular officers who received “No Live Trace” results for an applicant should contact London’s Fraud Prevention Manager for further information. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 enables some criminal convictions to become 'spent', or ignored, after a set length of time from the date of conviction. After this period, with certain exceptions, an ex-offender is not normally obliged to mention their conviction when applying for a job or obtaining insurance, or when involved in criminal or civil proceedings. The “No Live Trace” indicates that information may be available relating to a ‘spent’ conviction. “No Trace” indicates a clean police record.

Applicants are legally entitled to gain access to the information about themselves under Section 7 of the British Data Protection Act, 1998.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3699.html

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...s2001.html#pcuk

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
it takes about 2 weeks to get the PCC. Let me know if u need any specific info as I recently got mine.

Dear

I have lived in london for 2 years in 2005 - 06

Please tell me whether they consider Credit History while issuing the police clearance certificate, as i have not paid one of my mobile bill of litttle amout, does the red reminder from the debt collection agency spoil my PCC ????

Please reply asap, thanks

it takes about 2 weeks to get the PCC. Let me know if u need any specific info as I recently got mine.

Dear

Please tell me whether they consider Credit History while issuing the police clearance certificate, as i have not paid one of my mobile bill of litttle amout, does the red reminder from the debt collection agency spoil my PCC ????

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They do not look at credit history when you apply for a police certificate. They have no need to as the two are not linked.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear

Police certificate states that the following name person is not found guily in any crime, there is nothing to do with your credit history, they are two diff system and police certificate is purely based on criminal history but not on credit history. So dont worry about it.......if you are all cleared in criminal history then u will be gettin your certificate in 2 weeks........my suggestion to you send them 3pounds extra for special delivery, because i had lost my first one in the delivery so i had to apply for a copy of certificate that arrived by special delivery but luckily i got the previous one as well after 2 months..............

Dear

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.