Sign in to follow this  
gogo

How long for NVC Case Complete?

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys.. how long does it take to get "Case Complete" after I send in Packet 3? Our lawyer is slow, so we had to send it in yesterday.. I'm guessing probably 2-3 weeks.. so hopefully somewhere before Christmas.. that is not the best Christmas gift I want.. but good enough =) at least it was better than last year.. :wacko: am I right on the estimate? Thanks :star:

There is no packet 3 involved at the NVC for CR1 visas but you might be talking about the DS-230 packet which will take the NVC about 2-3 weeks to process. If the NVC is already done reviewing the I-864 packet, then after everything is reviewed you should get a "Case Complete" message when calling the NVC.

Diana

sorry.. my mistake... thanks Diana :thumbs: I keep referring to that as the Packet 3.. Packet 2.5 or whatever it is.. the I-864 and the DS-230.. is it both the same wait time for the K3 as well as the CR1 visas? I switched to the CR1 visa because everything was taking so long.. I hear that the CR1 visas take 2-6 months at NVC?? :wacko:

Edited by gogo

It depends on how fast you pay your bills and send them the documents they request. Many people have paid both bills online and send the packets within that same week, so their processes only take about a month. Lawyers make everything a lot slower unfortunately.

Diana

It depends on how fast you pay your bills and send them the documents they request. Many people have paid both bills online and send the packets within that same week, so their processes only take about a month. Lawyers make everything a lot slower unfortunately.

Diana

Hi all,

My case was completet on Noverber 6,2008. It was forwarded to the embassy on December 2,2008.

Neither me nor my husband receieved instructions for the interveiw...

Could anyone tell me for how it will take them to send the letter of invitation with the interveiw date???

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Once my case was complete for the kids I called NVC about every other day ( Yeah that many ) until they told me when the interview was. We recieved the hard copy about a week after I already knew the date. So call the NVC and speak to an operator if the appointment has been set they will let you know.

Good Luck......

Once my case was complete for the kids I called NVC about every other day ( Yeah that many ) until they told me when the interview was. We recieved the hard copy about a week after I already knew the date. So call the NVC and speak to an operator if the appointment has been set they will let you know.

Good Luck......

Thanks .

I will call them tomorrow then

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.