sweetie7

Please help "Request letter to expedite my work authorization"

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone; :help:

Greetings :D please help me how to make a letter of request to USCIS on Work Authorization. Maybe one of you here experienced this situation a long waiting. My husband is now financially problematic because of his health and I need to help him. Hope somebody can help me.

sweetie7

Sweetie7 Love Daniel P.W ( I Love you Hon...)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
If it's been 6 months, you make an infopass appointment at your local District Office and request an interim EAD. That's the process. What's the status on your I-765 and what have you done in terms of follow-up thus far?

Same advice here. Can you put in a timeline of the process to date, so that people can offer more applicable advice?

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Hey Sweetie, ET is right, make an appointment thru this site: InfoPass

Your local office isn't Washington DC by any chance, is it? :unsure: I only ask because that is my local office and I had a hard time with my EAD (work authorization) too.

Did you go for biometrics for the EAD? Did you receive an NOA stating that they received your application?

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello; thanks for your reply. Actually this is my second request the first request was all completed like fingerprint and all. The first one I file last July 23, 2005 I was under K1-visa that time and I got a letter from them that I need to file again and still use the form I-765 and put there C-9 since I have a pending application for Adjustment of Status. I went to USCIS office already here in baltemore (infopass) and ask them so that was there advised to file again. Now yesterday I called USCIS and they said I need to write a letter to expedite my EAD and my problem is I don't know how to make this kind of letter. My reason of this request is to help my husband in our financially needs since he has a heart problem and he needs to rest for awhile. Infact he gave up his other job already.

My problem is how to make or to format this kind of letter to USCIS that they really consider my request. I wanted to us a lawyer to make this but we don't have budget to pay the lawyer.

I am really in a panic disorder now.

Regards to you ...God Bless

sweetie7

Sweetie7 Love Daniel P.W ( I Love you Hon...)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If I understand correctly, you filed for the first EAD (in July) while still in K1 status (prior to marriage)? Correct?

Did you file for the EAD after you married? When was that?

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Timeline

sweetie7

I explained to you last time you posted this that you need to make an infopass appointment and ask for a Interim EAD not apply again....

It is more than 90 days since you filed for AOS and EAD YES?

You have filed for Adjustment of Status??

Kezzie

Timeline

The OP's posts are somewhat confused and there's no timeline. It's also possible that OP misunderstood what the infopass person was communicating to them. Maybe a new appointment would help -- and bring someone who can either translate or take notes, to help figure out what's going on.

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

---

Hey Sweetie, ET is right, make an appointment thru this site: InfoPass

Your local office isn't Washington DC by any chance, is it? :unsure: I only ask because that is my local office and I had a hard time with my EAD (work authorization) too.

Did you go for biometrics for the EAD? Did you receive an NOA stating that they received your application?

Ditto Make an infopass appointment

Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

It seems like OP already went to an Infopass appointment, but results were "inconclusive." It's also not clear when she filed and when her appointment was (before or after filing).

11-07-2005 AP approved

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.