Jeff and Ana

police clearance in singapore

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi To all !!!!!!!!! I wish someone can give me some advice. I work in Singapore for 2 years and now I am here in my country Philippines.how can I request a police clearance there ? Do i need to wait for notice in US embassy to request the police clearance or I do by my self? Anyone can give me some information about this? I am preparing my all documents and only this I wait then time that I get an interview I already prepare.

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Joanna,

Yes you need to wait for the notice from the embassy first only then you can request from Singapore police clearance.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Timeline
Hi Joanna,

Yes you need to wait for the notice from the embassy first only then you can request from Singapore police clearance.

hi! mossycouple,

thank your for the information,

Edited by Joanna1

Timeline

By the time you'll receive your notice from the embassy (instruction letter) you need to go to usem window x and get a request letter from the usem stating why you will need a police clearance from singapore and then you can go to singapore embassy in manila to file for you singapore police clearance.

P.S. Call firtst Singapore Embassy in manila and ask them what are the requirements in applying for a singapore police clearance. So that you can prepare. Maybe they will not need a request letter from the embassy....who knows...

Singapore Embassy in Manila, Philippines

Embassy of Singapore in Manila, Philippines

35th Floor, The Enterprise Center

6766 Ayala Avenue corner Paseo de Roxas

Makati City

Philippines

Phone: 632-7512345

Fax: 632-7512346

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Police Records

Available. The police records for Singapore may be considered complete from their origins to the present, except for the "occupation" period during World War II.

Applicants residing in Singapore should apply in person for a "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" (CNCC) at Criminal Record Office (CID), Block D #02-01A, 391 New Bridge Road, Police Cantonment Complex, Singapore 088762, phone number 65-6435-8277, between 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday only. Applicants who are overseas may apply by correspondence to the above address. Alternatively, application can also be made online at http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm.

The following documents should accompany the applications:

For Singaporeans: NRIC/current international passport;

For non-Singaporeans: Documentary proof of residence in Singapore must be shown - i.e. old/current passports or any relevant documents;

Exit permit, if applicable;

Two recent passport size photographs (3.5cm x 3 cm.); and

Application fee. Please check the website for current fee.

Processing time for the certificate is two to three weeks.

Former residents should write directly to the address given above for the necessary forms and instructions. Alternatively, they could have a set of rolled fingerprints taken by their local police authorities and submit this with photocopies of the documents listed above together with photographs, fee and postage charge. Singapore authorities also require that all immigrant applicants show proof of their intentions. The packet 3 cover letter bearing their name will suffice.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3667.html

YMMV

Timeline

thank you for all the response very helpful,As of now I am preparing the all documents that I need .My fiancee also started to take all the documents that he need to pass in the immigration.when all is done I can post my time line thank you .

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I am now here in the Philippines with my finance. My finance Jovelyn worked in Singapore for two years so I am sure we will need a Singapore police clearance. We are ready to schedule the interview at the embassy and I found out that she had not realized she would need a Singapore police clearance.

I went to every bank in Cebu today to try to find a way to buy a bank check denominated in Singapore dollars. (there website is quite clear that is what is required) there seems to be no way to get a bank check denominated in Singapore dollars here in Cebu.

This is now the bottleneck in our process, so I am quite frantic to solve this problem. all ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

i don't know if this would work for you.. but i had the same situation before, what i did was i asked a friend of mine in hongkong to pay the fee on my behalf...

Edited by Chin and Clifford

Timeline
I am now here in the Philippines with my finance. My finance Jovelyn worked in Singapore for two years so I am sure we will need a Singapore police clearance. We are ready to schedule the interview at the embassy and I found out that she had not realized she would need a Singapore police clearance.

I went to every bank in Cebu today to try to find a way to buy a bank check denominated in Singapore dollars. (there website is quite clear that is what is required) there seems to be no way to get a bank check denominated in Singapore dollars here in Cebu.

This is now the bottleneck in our process, so I am quite frantic to solve this problem. all ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

On March 11 Jovelyn and I traveled to Singapore to get her police clearance. Instead on making another special trip to pick it up on march 21 I elected to have it sent to us by registered mail thinking that it would arrive in plenty of time for April 3 interview. I was wrong, it finally arrived today, A[r 22. We went into the interview without it hoping for the best. The Embassy left our case open, Jovelyn is going to Manila tomorrow to give them the paper.

If I had it to do over I would have asked her to make another trip to Singapore, so that we would have had the paper at the interview.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Police certs are Embassy/Consulate related topic. Moving..

Certificate of Clearance

Available. The police records for Singapore may be considered complete from their origins to the present, except for the "occupation" period during World War II.

For all applicants, a form letter from the requesting/processing office (NVC, KCC, Embassy, employer etc.) is required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance (COC). Such letter should specify the need for the clearance and state explicitly that "a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that he/she does not have criminal convictions". The COC will be sent directly to the requesting/processing office.

Applicants residing in Singapore are to appear in person at the COC Office located at Blk D Police Cantonment Complex, #02-07/08, 391 New Bridge Road , Singapore 088762. The office is open from 8.30am to 12.30pm , Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Applicants residing overseas should submit their applications (original) addressed to: Head Criminal Records, CID ( COC ), Blk D Police Cantonment Complex, #02-07/08, 391 New Bridge Road , Singapore 088762.

Processing time for each application is about 10 working days.

Processing fee is S$45.00 per application. Payment can be made by cash, NETS , cash card, or credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD) for walk-in application. Application sent by post (from overseas) must be accompanied by a bank draft made payable to ‘Head Criminal Records CID ’ through a Singapore-based bank. In addition to the processing fee, a postage fee of S$5.00 must be included in the payment (total S$50.00) if the COC is to be mailed. Payment is non- refundable once the application is accepted.

All applicants must complete the Certificate of Clearance application form available at http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf in full and submit it with the necessary supporting documents:

• A set of applicant’s fingerprint impressions (ten prints). Applicants applying in person will be fingerprinted at the COC office at the time of application. For application by post from overseas, the applicant must submit a set of his/her fingerprint impressions taken by a qualified Fingerprint Officer at a Police Station or an authorized office of the country he/she is now residing.
  • A photocopy of applicant’s valid passport (showing biodata page).
  • Two recent passport-sized photographs. Instant photo machine is available outside COC Office for applicants who appear in person (cost: S$7, approx. USD5.50, for 4 passport size photos).
  • Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration authority/government bodies or other requestor to establish that the certificate is required by such authority and that a statutory declaration of no criminal conviction by the applicant is not acceptable as evidence that s/he has no criminal convictions. All documents are to be translated into English if written in other languages.

Please refer to http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm or http://www.spf.gov for further information and updates on Certificate of Clearance from Singapore.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3667

Should be able to get now.. Note police certs are considered valid for 1 year..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

As of November 2010, Singapore officially no longer issues CNCC's to non-Singapore citizens. The US DOS doesn't seem to understand this yet (or at least, they don't acknowledge it). It's very nerve wracking.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

• 4 weeks later...

At US Embassy in Manila, I've read of at least 2 recent cases where the applicant did not submit the Singapore clearance. They presented either an email response from the Singapore Police or a print out of the policy change from their website.

You can see it here:

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cncc_notice.htm

Dec 05, 2011: Received U.S. permanent resident status (AOS based on K-1 visa)

Dec 16, 2013: Removal of conditions on green card

Apr 28, 2015: Became a U.S. Citizen

Actually, here is the most updated website link.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Click on the FAQs to see the explanation for change in policy

Dec 05, 2011: Received U.S. permanent resident status (AOS based on K-1 visa)

Dec 16, 2013: Removal of conditions on green card

Apr 28, 2015: Became a U.S. Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.