Not Available

Little girls wearing thongs and padded bras

138 posts in this topic

I think I wore thongs at age 12 :unsure:

Did your mum take a pic of you wearing one?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

My niece just turned seven..she got four bras on her birthday...Gotta make a mental note to put on my daughter's 7 year birthday invitation that there won't be a need for a bra yet.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My two nieces (6 & 8) are SO more into boys/clothes/fashion everything than I remember ever being at their age. They only want to watch the teeny bopper shows on tv like Hannah Montana and I Carly and it just boggles my mind. When I was their age I was playing with toys, watching cartoons and convinced boys had cooties.

But they're both always talking about getting a boyfriend and getting married and what clothes are cool and copying everything they see on tv! It's really worrisome to me because their mother is enforcing it! I don't want my daughter to grow up that fast because it's just not right.

I don't think its good. She should teach her children how to dress up appropriately. If I were you, I give her a word and I don't care if she tells me non of my F business.

I have daughter too. I don't dress her inappropriate clothing and If I buy clothes, I pick formal clothes for my child not for me, jk. :lol:

Edited by SJ

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

It's funny because my daughter is a strange mix of caring about what the "other kids" are wearing, doing, saying, etc. and the little girl who curls up with me to watch cartoons. She's 10 and she's just trying to figure out where she fits.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I think I wore thongs at age 12 :unsure:

Did your mum take a pic of you wearing one?

ummmmm...no :lol:

:lol:

I don't think its good. She should teach her children how to dress up appropriately. If I were you, I give her a word and I don't care if she tells me non of my F business.

I have daughter too. I don't dress her inappropriate clothing and If I buy clothes, I pick formal clothes for my child not for me, jk. :lol:

I mean pick a formal costume for party. She is not an adult yet to wear provocative garments.

Edited by SJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So glad I don't have a daughter.

I have a son, and he just turned 10 and he's not into girls yet. He's still in that "I am never getting married and I'm going to live with mom forever" phase. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My opinion on this is that its not as big of a deal as people think. Saying this , I will explain

I have 3 daughters , 14 almost 17 and 29 so I have been doing this for a long time ;) My oldest was very sporty so didnt care about thongs and padded bras lol , plus they wasnt so popular back then, My youngest is ewwww over thongs and padded bras as she thinks they are nasty and sticks with the granny panties and regular bras.. Now my middle child was wearing thongs and padded bras at age 11. At first I was like NOWAY is this going to happen and she of course couldnt understand why I would say this as they sell them in her size at the store LOL.. I thought alot about it and then decided that if I make a big deal out of this then she would find other ways to do it , either through a friend or maybe even her older sister so On her birthday I bought her a couple of pair of thongs and she loved them, was more comfortable etc and same with the padded bra, I mean comeon who wants to wear a lacy itchy bra when you can have soft and comfortable.

I think people make to much out of this really... If your daughter is wearing them to be sexy and go out on the town and show it off then helll yeah there is a problem but if she is wearing them because they look good to her and comfortable then go for it.

I will also add that my daughter that wanted the thongs and padded bras at age 11 , is almost 17 now.. is still a virgin , has never been out on a date and is a good girl who stays home and watches movies with her mom :)

Ok just my opinion

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I feel sorry for the geeky/nerdy/'unattractive' girls growing up in this culture - it was bad enough in the 70s but at least then you could get away with wearing one of those Brady Bunch striped rugby shirts and Levis and a Dorothy Hamill haircut... At that age I was more interested in looking at bugs under a microscope, watching birds or collecting rocks(I haven't changed) :D and I was the pariah kid that everybody harassed for my coke-bottle glasses and general awkwardness...If I had worn kinderwhore clothes I would have been even more comical than I already was. We are teaching girls that the only thing that matters is a narrowly defined sexual attractiveness, if you are smart but not 'pretty' then you are worthless - worse than the culture of the '50s in a way.

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

for me the issue is not about cute pretty underwear but about the revealing clothing that goes over it.. if you wear a pair of low cuts where you can SEE the thongs (intentionally of course) then .. um... there's a problem.. If the tank top the girl's got on leaves nothing to the imagination.. then.. yep.. guess again. you have a problem.

I grew up seeing my mum's granny undies, so I didn't even know what a thong was until I was in my 20's, and wore grannies until i realized there were other (more pretty & comfortable choices). But now (hypothetically) if I had a daughter.. she'd see my stuff and would think thongs were just what you wear I figure? I dunno..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that's wrong. shame on their mothers.

and i don't even have to say i'm not a prude :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline