Not Available

Little girls wearing thongs and padded bras

138 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It all started around Halloween when my husband and I went into this Halloween store in Chicago and my husband pointed out that all the "kid" section of the store was empty and all the 12 year olds were trying on costumes in the (very) adult section. This one girl, had to be no more than 11, tried on this adult bumble bee costume. It was strapless, made out of spandex, that almost had her butt cheeks poking out the bottom, and the thing that got me was her mother was helping her pick the costume!

Then the other day I'm walking around the mall and I see a lot of little girls with their mothers (seriously age 8-13 years old) buying these padded lace bras and teeny weeny thongs and g-strings.

I don't know, I just don't think that little girls need to be "padding" their (lack of) boobs and wearing g-strings. I dunno, maybe I'm just a prude? I don't think I am. Padded bras and thongs are fine when you're older, but not when you're 10.

Am I alone on this? lol

Edited by Smile!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think young girls grow up much too soon these days. My daughter is going to be 21 this year, and I fought with her Dad (who she lived with when she was younger) about what was appropriate when she was a young teenager. He let her wear make-up way before I thought she should and she also had a date younger than we had agreed on.

I don't think you're a prude at all.... I agree that young girls are growing up way too fast these days.

But, it seems to be the way it is now and they feel "babied" if they can't do everything all their friends are doing.

I'm just glad it's over with and she's all grown up now, that's for sure!!!!! :blush:

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My old coworker has an 11 year old daughter. Her daughter asked for thongs because all the other girls in school were making fun of her for wearing "granny panties". Her mother said no and she got caught stealing a week later at LaSenza Girl.

At 11 I was too embarrassed to ask for a training bra. Oh how things have changed.

this reminds me of something my sister did aged seven :whistle:

i think its a bit much letting girls as young as 10 or 11 and younger dress up so overtly and adult, i mean jeeze. that said though i remember being early teens and dressed in something that really i could have gotten a way with (denim shorts and tee) but i decided to wear my patforms i had just bought aswell(they were my first pair of heels) unfortunatly i was getting to the age were i was starting to look like a young woman and it wasnt looking so inoccent anymore. took one comment from the wrong person :blink: to realise and i didnt do it again cos i was too self concious. well not till i was old enough to want to look feminie.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're not being prudish at all....it's just wrong. Parents as consumers have got to put pressure on the clothing retailers to stop buying and selling that #######. Where are those Christian boycotters when you need them? Oh yes, they're boycotting Disney and Ford for allowing gay and lesbian employees to add their partners onto their health insurance.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Timeline

I think the most ironic thing is though (regarding my family I should say), is my mom found it so wrong when i was that age for little girls to wear these types of things. When I was 12 she got pregnant with my little sister, and even then she would see the little padded bras at walmart and say something about it. Then when my sister was 11, Mom bought her a padded bra. Is there some sort of hypnosis going on in commercials that flip a switch in the parents head or something?

Timeline
I think the most ironic thing is though (regarding my family I should say), is my mom found it so wrong when i was that age for little girls to wear these types of things. When I was 12 she got pregnant with my little sister, and even then she would see the little padded bras at walmart and say something about it. Then when my sister was 11, Mom bought her a padded bra. Is there some sort of hypnosis going on in commercials that flip a switch in the parents head or something?

I think most parents just give up trying to fight the status quo. Too bad, really.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:lol:

sounds like my mom. "you can't get your ears pierced until you're 16" "you aren't allowed to wear trainers unless it's for sports at school" etc. my sister that was born when i was 14 had pierced ears before me, trainers when i wasn't allowed and even her own bedroom and she still is never happy. she doesn't have thongs or padded bras though, maybe that's the problem!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

It seems like every generation feels that about the next. When was Lolita written? Way before the Spice Girls.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Timeline

One way to combat the trend is for schools to enforce dress codes banning 'thong' underwear or 't-backs.' I think a lot of them do, at least through middle school.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Not a prude. It's wrong.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You cant even find "normal" clothes in the lil girls section. They're all mini versions of adult clothes.

It quite sickening really

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

:whistle: its the multiple child syndrome. Every parent suffers from it, including my own and i'm sure i will too.

First Child (moi) the guinnie pig, your sure what you are really doing and your ultra para about protecting this innocent and vulnerable little person, gets sick for first time pannic stations, wants get their ears pierced at 13? no way jose, wants to go out to play in the housing estate with their friends at 8 not a chance.

cotton wool syndrome will carry on with this one the entire time they are the first to do something, including growing up going to uni and flying to another country to get married :innocent::whistle:

second child: they are more laied back on certain things when they come about cos they have been there before and sort of know what to expect, but they also know what they would have done differently the last time, and thus sometimes so go too far laid back, which can come back to haunt them sometimes. such as giving in to things they said no to the first child about because maybe the fight wasnt worth the hassle or something.

third child cops it in the middle because they know what they would have done differently on first and second, this child may also blame older siblings when she/ can't do something because they learnt their lesson with one of the older ones. :bonk:

well thats how i observed it in my familly. :yes:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png