Knoll

sample driving tests in Russian

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some states (few) have them in Russian. But they only offer the test in Spanish (the official language) and english. :-P

However, they MUST allow a translater to aid in the test if it is not offered in Russian.

My wife is studying for the exam now using a Russian DMV booklet. I know that they offer the test in Russian in California. When my stepson took the exam, they kept his test. He took it in English and failed it the first time but passed it the next time, about a week later. If they don't offer the exam in Russian, then work with her a lot. There are terms used on the exam that she will probably not be familiar with but we in America just take for granted as common knowledge. My stepson failed one question because he didn't understand what "block" meant. I guess they asked if it was okay to block an intersection in some manner.

You should really encourage your wife to try the test in English, since all of the road sign, directions, etc. are in English. But getting a book in Russian will really help to understand the laws and concepts of driving in any particular state.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I d/l the drivers manual in Russian from either the State of Washington or Colorado. I don't remember. Small differences but nearly identical as to rules..... In MN, my wife took the written test in Russian...

YMMV

Filed: Timeline
Does anybode know if Pennsylvania allowes to take test on russian? I already got my lycence, its just very interesting and kinda weird :yes:

Hi Mariya, I looked at the Pennsylvania DMV website, and could not find any information on what languages are available. I was only able to find an English language version of the handbook. You should probably call them and ask if it's possible to take the test in Russian. Their phone number is 1-800-932-4600. :(

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
whats the point to read the russian book if the exam will be on english anyway :hehe: ?

I am just guessing you did not read the entire thread. It happens all the time. The following was posted up near the top:

"The written tests are offered in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese"

Edited by bobb

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

whats the point to read the russian book if the exam will be on english anyway :hehe: ?

I am just guessing you did not read the entire thread. It happens all the time. The following was posted up near the top:

"The written tests are offered in the following languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese"

Actually if it was Mariya posting, they're in Pennsylvania, where it doesn't look like there's a Russian option. At least that's how it appears on the website. In which case her question probably was "why should I read the Russian book if I have to take the English exam?" :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

mox! you are right! i had no idea that i could've took my test on russian. anyway, i have lycence already)

i study at pennstate university right now, may be i should talk to them about taking my exams on russian. lol

thanx to everyone)

Edited by Corey-Mariya

mox! you are right! i had no idea that i could've took my test on russian. anyway, i have lycence already)

i study at pennstate university right now, may be i should talk to them about taking my exams on russian. lol

thanx to everyone)

Congratulations on getting your license. :) As for taking exams in Russian...I think you will have to take Russian classes for this. :lol:

My wife is studying for the exam now using a Russian DMV booklet. I know that they offer the test in Russian in California. When my stepson took the exam, they kept his test. He took it in English and failed it the first time but passed it the next time, about a week later. If they don't offer the exam in Russian, then work with her a lot. There are terms used on the exam that she will probably not be familiar with but we in America just take for granted as common knowledge. My stepson failed one question because he didn't understand what "block" meant. I guess they asked if it was okay to block an intersection in some manner.

You should really encourage your wife to try the test in English, since all of the road sign, directions, etc. are in English. But getting a book in Russian will really help to understand the laws and concepts of driving in any particular state.

I'm with some of the posters above about taking the test in English because the signs and things here are in English. My wife studied in Russian (IL online driver's handbook?) and then took the test here in Ohio in English. Failed the first time for similar reasons to above - questions like "how many feet can you be from the curb?" (Russians don't generally think in terms of feet. Well, not right off the boat, anyway.) "Barriers on the side of the road indicate what?" (What the heck is a barrier?) - and things like that.

However, the second time was a breeze because she was able to research all the answers and retake the test. She asked me what some of the words were and looked up the rest.

The written test is nothing. It's the driving test that's the real challenge. Rolling stops are commonplace the world over. I think we're one of the only nations that actually comes to a complete stop every time. When my wife took the test the first time she was almost issues a "phat ticket" for rolling through the stop signs. Good luck trying to teach your wife. It sure would take a lot of money for me to try to teach mine again. It was about as close to divorce as we've been.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I had both driving books english and russian:)you can get it at DMV...I read mostly in english but russian is easier to memorize...But exam i did in english,since my friend tried befire to do russian and she said questions were translated horrible and she did not understand:))so next time she asked for english version and she passed it:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.