Ken1

Expedite, Pregnant Fiance W/Health Concern, Congressman Help

23 posts in this topic

I wasn't trying to judge. Just say your only option right now is to get her a safer living environment. USCIS has heard it all before and doesn't care.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wasn't trying to judge. Just say your only option right now is to get her a safer living environment. USCIS has heard it all before and doesn't care.

exactly. i am not judging but as i previously posted my partner is sick and it is very distressing to watch him deal with it on his own but there is nothing either of us can do about the time we have to wait.

Mikelovesgracie - part of the OP's post is as below

"So, my wonderfully helpful VJers, any thoughts on if an expedite is possible, how to best organize the paperwork, how to best stay on top of/help out my congressman in an expedition request, etc., would be great. Also, is there any danger in requesting again? Will the people at VSC see my name again, find me annoying and through my case to the bottom of the pile?!?!?!

"

I read that he is asking for advice - sometimes the truth is something we dont want to hear however it doesnt make the information any the less valid. I am sure the OP would rather hear that yes being pregnant is a reason to expedite and the living conditions are also valid reasons but the truth is that it is unlikely to affect his petition. This forum is excellent because usually the information and advice is spot on - people have offered possible options for him to consider such as finding alternative accommodation and to understand everyone has sympathy as others are in similar situations .....didnt see any judgemental behaviour but i did see a lot of people explaining they too are in the same boat which is oftens viewed as supportive behaviour.

Would you rather the posters offered false hope and then for the OP to find himself unable to trust advice and support from this forum ?

Hello. I hope this helps you. A few weeks ago, I was proactive and wrote a letter to the senators who sit on the oversight committee for USCIS. To help others, I posted it here twice. Also, I addressed this letter to all nine committee members (Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration...) and my state's Rep. Then, I sent a copy to the Ombudsman for USCIS. Guess what? On Monday, we received our notices: APPROVED for both petitions. Perhaps this letter might help you guys. I hope so. Check my posts and copy the letter if you want, adding your home address and receipt numbers. Then mail them off like I did. All the best--Amor1

Hi All,

I've asked a few questions here, and you all are sooooooo helpful!

I'm applying for a K1 visa from VSC and received my NOA1 on September 4th at which point my fiance was 2 months pregnant. I was told that USCIS does not speed up the visa process based on pregnancy (doesn't this seem absurd? - with all respect to everyone's cases out there, I'm sure most would agree that this circumstance should be considered for expedition). I hate to give a sob story here, but my fiance is in a bad living situation - she recently lost her job and health insurance and is living in a room with three other women, a shared bathroom and limited kitchen facilities, and above all there is mold in the apartment and bathroom. I talked with my congressman's office and they tried to help, but they told me VSC rejected the request.

Last week, my fiance got very sick with a fever of 103. She went to a doctor (we're obviously paying for all doctor's visits out of pocket) who confirmed and wrote a letter stating that she was 17 weeks pregnant and her living situation was causing "allergic crisis" and was "impossible in her state of pregnancy." One high-up person at my congressman's office was very nice and when we got turned down for the expedite request he told me that he would keep thinking if there was another way to help. I just wrote him again, and explained about my fiance getting sick and that I now have a doctor's letter confirming the unhealthiness of her living situation for the pregnancy and photos of the mold. The first time around, we sent in no evidence which confuses me (do congressmen just call up and ask for an expedite? They never sent me any paperwork and just asked me to write up a brief outline of the situation). To add insult to injury, the place my fiance lives is supposed to be for single women with no children and I'm concerned with what will happen if she doesn't get here before the birth. In order to get here, she will need to be on a plane by the end of February.

So, my wonderfully helpful VJers, any thoughts on if an expedite is possible, how to best organize the paperwork, how to best stay on top of/help out my congressman in an expedition request, etc., would be great. Also, is there any danger in requesting again? Will the people at VSC see my name again, find me annoying and through my case to the bottom of the pile?!?!?!

To end on a more positive note, my fiance and I couldn't be more thrilled about the pregnancy and many years together as a family!

Thank you all and best of luck and speed for everyone's case!!!

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-11

I-130 Approved : 2008-11-03

NVC Received : 2008-11-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-11-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-11-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-11-29

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-12-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2009-01-03

Pay IV Bill : 2009-01-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-01-17

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-01-26

Siempre, miamor

the "MOld" reason is just so lame..

send money to her and help her get a nicer place to stay!

:P

I wouldn't say the MOLD reason is lame. Mold in a home can cause major illness, and even death. Definately not healthy for a pregnancy!. There was a 3 year old in Nova Scotia that dies a few years back that went into respritory failure, a few weeks later after the autopsy came out they ruled that the mold in the house was the cause. I don't agree that is a lame reason.

I agree with you though, if he can afford it himself, send money to her to find a safer place to live.

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

This site is supposed to be for support Jesus Christ!

What???

He's saying the site is to support people and he used "Jesus Christ" as profanity not saying the site is for supporting Jesus.

I agree about supporting people. It's very possible to tell someone what they don't want to hear without being overly negative. Some people have done that here but some posts were unnecessary and overly negative.

Edited by MargotDarko

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

This site is supposed to be for support Jesus Christ!

What???

He's saying the site is to support people and he used "Jesus Christ" as profanity not saying the site is for supporting Jesus.

I agree about supporting people. It's very possible to tell someone what they don't want to hear without being overly negative. Some people have done that here but some posts were unnecessary and overly negative.

Haha, I see now, thx.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.