Jump to content

VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      News     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
blank avatarT-bone & Vonna
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Kate & Yunior
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Rebecca & Soufiane
K3 Visa
blank avatarAR & BA
K1 Visa
blank avatarKAZI & SAKIB
K1 Visa
William & Maheen
K1 Visa
Dan & Yvette
K1 Visa
blank avatarJames & Ksenia
K1 Visa
blank avatarGreg & Inessa
K1 Visa

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarDuy & Nga
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Christina & Cemil
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
blank avatarE & S
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarNelson & Catarina
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Amy & Yohann
K1 Visa
Michael & Tatiana
K1 Visa
blank avatarKristin & Manu
K1 Visa
blank avatarKaretza & Natalia
K1 Visa
Angel & Marielys
K1 Visa
blank avatarUmber & Abidoon
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
blank avatarVirath & Southida
K1 Visa
blank avatarM & J
K1 Visa
blank avatarjane & doe
K1 Visa
blank avatarGayle & SJ
K1 Visa

  • Please log in to reply

Who to make the cheque payable to?

#1 thomasj


    Junior Member

  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

It states on the USCIS website that checks should be made out to;

"Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services."

Does this mean that either one will do when applying for the K-1 visa, or does it mean that we should make the cheque payable to one or the otehr depending on which visa we are applying for?

I presume it means you can make it payable to either one of them regardless of what you are applying for, but you can never be too careful so thought I'd check with some experienced folk!

  • 0

#2 payxibka


    Supreme Member

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

When in doubt look to the specific form instruictions

Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  • 0

#3 Mononoke28


    100% Paisa

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

The instructions clearly say:

What Is the Filing Fee.

The filing fee for a Form I-129F is $455.00.

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form I-129F fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, unless:
A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.
B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.
C. If you live outside the United States, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, contact the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy for instructions on the method of payment.

  • 0
02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC
05/03/07 - NOA2
05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned
08/08/07 - Case Complete
09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted
10/02/07 - POE
11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions
07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC
08/14/09 - Biometrics
09/27/09 - Approved
10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship
03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation
05/12/11 - Biometrics
07/20/11 - Interview - passed
07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

#4 thomasj


    Junior Member

  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

Thanks guys.
  • 0

Back to Top ↑
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community.
It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account?
Sign in here.

Sign In Now

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.