minibadger

What is a tax return and what is a transcript?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

I have read on this site that for the K-1 a "copy of your last income tax return or a tax transcript" is what I need. But this brings up a question.

Is a "copy of my last income tax return" just a photocopy of the filled-out forms I will send in to file my taxes, such as, for example, the 1040EZ, before I actually send it into the mail to file it? If not, what is it?

What is a "tax transcript" and how long, approximately, after sending my income taxes in [early] would one be available?

My dilemma is that I have no tax returns for 2006 and 2007, so 2008 will be my first one where I show a really good income. I will file it as soon as I get my W-2s sometime in early January. The problem is, according to the K-1 timelines, our meeting should be somewhere between late January and early March. I worry that, if an income tax copy isn't just a copy before I send it in, whatever they DO want won't be available before the meeting.

Help?

My dilemma is that I have no tax returns for 2006 and 2007, so 2008 will be my first one where I show a really good income. I will file it as soon as I get my W-2s sometime in early January. The problem is, according to the K-1 timelines, our meeting should be somewhere between late January and early March. I worry that, if an income tax copy isn't just a copy before I send it in, whatever they DO want won't be available before the meeting.

Help?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Compnanies in USA have until last day in January to mail out W-2's / 1099's.

Once you file a copy will be good for you Tax Return

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Help?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

A Tax Transcript is obtainable from the IRS - you can either print it from their website or call the number listed to obtain one. Since you may be adjudicated early in 2008 you may want to file early and then request- otherwise your paystubs from your employer along with a letter stating your salary etc should suffice - pay stubs are important tho- a copy of your of your return is ok as long as it is backed up with the W-2's. Otherwise you may need the tax transcript.

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The difference between then is this:

An IRS Tax TRANSCRIPT is a line per line breakdown of the full tax return or data filed by the taxpayer or employer (W-2 & 1099). Where a tax return does not have all the breakdown.

Hope this helps you:)

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have read on this site that for the K-1 a "copy of your last income tax return or a tax transcript" is what I need. But this brings up a question.

Is a "copy of my last income tax return" just a photocopy of the filled-out forms I will send in to file my taxes, such as, for example, the 1040EZ, before I actually send it into the mail to file it? If not, what is it?

What is a "tax transcript" and how long, approximately, after sending my income taxes in [early] would one be available?

Help?

what timeline, you meet when you decide to meet then file and go from that time

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

A transcript is something you request from the irs using this form. It's a bit more official.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

A return is just a copy of what you sent the irs. Of course, someone could just fill in a pdf saying they made a million dollars and use that, so the transcirpt is a bit better.

If you can't get it, they say you can use a copy of the return.

Tax transcripts are the preferred submission as they show you filed. Copies of 1040s don't show much as they don't prove you filed.

800-829-1040 gets you free transcripts in about 7 days.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.