Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlynvince

Do they open balikbayan boxes at the airport?

10 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Ive already made a box for my wedding gown. Can I seal it with a tape before my arrival at the airport? Do people at the airports open balikbayan boxes? If so, do they tape/seal it back? Its just my wedding gown and shoes in it. I would like to check in the box together with my 1 luggage. I hope my wedding gown will make it safely to the US.

Ive already made a box for my wedding gown. Can I seal it with a tape before my arrival at the airport? Do people at the airports open balikbayan boxes? If so, do they tape/seal it back? Its just my wedding gown and shoes in it. I would like to check in the box together with my 1 luggage. I hope my wedding gown will make it safely to the US.

I suggest you use a balikbayan box bag (around P500). It has zippers than can be locked and handles for easier handling. This way, if the inspectors decide to open it, there will be no hassle. The real downside of having a taped balikbayan box is it opening due to the rough handling at airports. In other words, mahirap na ang mawasak ang balikbayan box mo. With the bag, it's well protected.

I suggest you use a balikbayan box bag (around P500). It has zippers than can be locked and handles for easier handling. This way, if the inspectors decide to open it, there will be no hassle. The real downside of having a taped balikbayan box is it opening due to the rough handling at airports. In other words, mahirap na ang mawasak ang balikbayan box mo. With the bag, it's well protected.

Where can i get this balikbayan box bag? Haven't heard of it.

They do look inside most of the time.

Just tie with rope and take tape with you. After they inspect you or they can tape it up.

I agree with Jose Rizal :thumbs: .Here is the website of where i bought my balikbayan box cover. the price of that cover cost PhP599 (if my memory is good hehe) they have covers too that has wheels (PHP1300)so you can easily carry your balikbayan box. the ones with wheels are more convenient.

I found a vid of that Balikbayan box.

Actually, they don't really inspect the box in the airport but in case they will, and if your using that cover then it'll be easier for you to open and seal your box :)

Have a safe trip! :star:

I agree with Jose Rizal :thumbs: .Here is the website of where i bought my balikbayan box cover. the price of that cover cost PhP599 (if my memory is good hehe) they have covers too that has wheels (PHP1300)so you can easily carry your balikbayan box. the ones with wheels are more convenient.

I found a vid of that Balikbayan box.

Actually, they don't really inspect the box in the airport but in case they will, and if your using that cover then it'll be easier for you to open and seal your box :)

Have a safe trip! :star:

GOOD INFO ANY IDEA WHERE TO GET THIS BAG? THANKS

HI THERE THEY WONT OPEN IT.UNLESS ITS OVER FOR THE ALLOWED LBS.

It is always a great idea to bring your own gown, but however if this is big, and this will give you dilemma, I would advise you to just buy in the US.. You may think it will save you money if you bring your own, but if you think and analyze everything, it is more cheaper and less stress if you will just buy in the US.. And too, if you have a a lot of luggage, you may pay extra money for that.. And also be mindful that even if you meet required weight for the luggage, but if the length is too long, that will going to end you paying for extra also..

There are several sites that you can go to buy bridal gown, here is the link

http://www.thebridalgowns.com/

hi i brought my wedding gown fr Ph also and there's no problem with it i put it in my luggage... on the plane they will give you a paper to put what's new that u brought fr PH(forgot what's the term of the paper). and there's no problem... as long as u declare it and also the prize convert into dollar

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.