Rlyn76

Do they open balikbayan boxes at the airport?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ive already made a box for my wedding gown. Can I seal it with a tape before my arrival at the airport? Do people at the airports open balikbayan boxes? If so, do they tape/seal it back? Its just my wedding gown and shoes in it. I would like to check in the box together with my 1 luggage. I hope my wedding gown will make it safely to the US.

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

Ive already made a box for my wedding gown. Can I seal it with a tape before my arrival at the airport? Do people at the airports open balikbayan boxes? If so, do they tape/seal it back? Its just my wedding gown and shoes in it. I would like to check in the box together with my 1 luggage. I hope my wedding gown will make it safely to the US.

I suggest you use a balikbayan box bag (around P500). It has zippers than can be locked and handles for easier handling. This way, if the inspectors decide to open it, there will be no hassle. The real downside of having a taped balikbayan box is it opening due to the rough handling at airports. In other words, mahirap na ang mawasak ang balikbayan box mo. With the bag, it's well protected.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suggest you use a balikbayan box bag (around P500). It has zippers than can be locked and handles for easier handling. This way, if the inspectors decide to open it, there will be no hassle. The real downside of having a taped balikbayan box is it opening due to the rough handling at airports. In other words, mahirap na ang mawasak ang balikbayan box mo. With the bag, it's well protected.

Where can i get this balikbayan box bag? Haven't heard of it.

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

They do look inside most of the time.

Just tie with rope and take tape with you. After they inspect you or they can tape it up.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Jose Rizal :thumbs: .Here is the website of where i bought my balikbayan box cover. the price of that cover cost PhP599 (if my memory is good hehe) they have covers too that has wheels (PHP1300)so you can easily carry your balikbayan box. the ones with wheels are more convenient.

I found a vid of that Balikbayan box.

Actually, they don't really inspect the box in the airport but in case they will, and if your using that cover then it'll be easier for you to open and seal your box :)

Have a safe trip! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with Jose Rizal :thumbs: .Here is the website of where i bought my balikbayan box cover. the price of that cover cost PhP599 (if my memory is good hehe) they have covers too that has wheels (PHP1300)so you can easily carry your balikbayan box. the ones with wheels are more convenient.

I found a vid of that Balikbayan box.

Actually, they don't really inspect the box in the airport but in case they will, and if your using that cover then it'll be easier for you to open and seal your box :)

Have a safe trip! :star:

GOOD INFO ANY IDEA WHERE TO GET THIS BAG? THANKS

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Timeline

HI THERE THEY WONT OPEN IT.UNLESS ITS OVER FOR THE ALLOWED LBS.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: July 16, 2005

I-130 sent: Oct 27, 2007

California Service Center Recieved Oct. 29, 2007

NOA1: Jan 17, 2008

I-130 Approved: April 22, 2008

Received DS-3032/ I-864 Bill: June 3, 2008

AOS bill paid: June 18th 2008

AOS sent : June 30th 2008 Received July 1

AOS cover sheet print out: June 18, 2008

DS230 generated June 22,2008

DS230 PAID June 24, 2004

DS230 received July 3, 2008

NVC Case Completed July 14, 2008

NVC send the Case Complete to USEM Manila: Aug. 5th 2008

USEM recieved complete case from NVC Aug 8th 2008

paid debros aug 22,2008

Medical Sept 9,10 He passed Thank you God. God is always good.

Interview Date: Sept 29, 2008 at USEM Manila 8:30AM APPROVED!!!

Visa In hand: Oct 2, 2008 yahoo

POE Nov 17, 2008.

Green Card and S.S received Nov 28th, 2008

7420.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

It is always a great idea to bring your own gown, but however if this is big, and this will give you dilemma, I would advise you to just buy in the US.. You may think it will save you money if you bring your own, but if you think and analyze everything, it is more cheaper and less stress if you will just buy in the US.. And too, if you have a a lot of luggage, you may pay extra money for that.. And also be mindful that even if you meet required weight for the luggage, but if the length is too long, that will going to end you paying for extra also..

There are several sites that you can go to buy bridal gown, here is the link

http://www.thebridalgowns.com/

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Timeline

hi i brought my wedding gown fr Ph also and there's no problem with it i put it in my luggage... on the plane they will give you a paper to put what's new that u brought fr PH(forgot what's the term of the paper). and there's no problem... as long as u declare it and also the prize convert into dollar

our timeline:

=o= PROCESSING =O=

06-Jul-07 ----- sent I-129F

16-Jul-07 ----- NOA1

21-Nov-07 ----- NOA2

27-Dec-07 ----- NVC sent file to USEM

16-Jan-08 ----- mailed packet 4

28-Jan-08 ----- recvd packet 4

03-Mar-08 ----- medical date (planning to go earlier probably 2nd wk of Feb)

13-Feb-08 ----- thanks God im done with my medical exam taken Feb 12 & released Feb13

very smooth processing God is Good All the Time

10-Mar-08 ----- interview date there's no big deal in USEM especially if u'r with ur fiance

25-Mar-08 ----- visa on hand (Thank you Lord)

=o= USA =o=

09-Apr-08 ----- arrived in the USA(POE Minn/st pl) thanks God i made it by myself. God is Good All the Time

25-May-08 ----- OUR BIG DAY!!! (1yr after engaged)

05-Jun-08 ------ got SSN

25-Jun-08 ------ got driver's permit

08-Oct-08 ------ passed the road test... yeyyyy i can drive alone now... thank you Lord

=o= AOS =o=

26-Jun-08 ------ Filed/Sent AOS

03-Jul-08 ------ Received Biometric appointment

23-Jul-08 ------ Biometric appointment date

12-Sep-08 ----- Got mah GC

I-129f was approved in 141 days from your filing date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.