tlnt

I-129F and G-325A (beneficiary signature not required or photograph)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Came across this searching keyword G-325A under USCIS search engine:

So in theory if this is valid, if your fiance/beneficiary forgets to sign or forgets the photograph in the I-129F application, than no RFE should be issued (only if the petitioner forgets to do those things). Can do it at the time of interview instead I guess. Guess it's safer to include it all but if you forget or don't feel like sending the docs overseas or whatever.

Any thoughts?

tlnt

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/I1...325A_110105.pdf

Interoffice Memorandum

To: SERVICE CENTER DIRECTORS

Acting Associate Director for Operations

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Department of Homeland Security

Date: November 1, 2005

Re: Guidance for Processing Pending Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) when

G-325A for Petitioner and/or Beneficiary is not Signed and/or Photos not Submitted.

Purpose

To provide field offices with guidance on processing Form I-129F petitions when the accompanying G-325A is missing signatures and/or photographs.

A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication.

Questions regarding this memorandum may be directed through appropriate channels to Mica Pilz of Service Center Operations.

(K1: See timeline for more details http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=55270)

2008-10/01 - I-129F Sent (Taiwan, VSC)

2009-02/18 - I-129F NOA2, letter from USCIS/CRIS (140 d / 4 m 17 d)

2009-03-13 or 14 - Fiance received Packet 3 (163 d / 5 m 12 d)

2009-03-31 - AIT Packet 4 sent (181 d, 5 m 30 d)

2009-04-13 - Schedule K-1 Interview, PASSED!!!(194 d / 6 m 12 d)

(AOS/EAD/AP):

2009-07-25 - Arrival POE

2009-07-27 - Marriage

2009-07-29 - Apply for SSN

2009-08-07 - Apply AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - NOA: AOS/EAD/AP

2009-08-12 - SSN approved (card received 2009-09-09)

2009-09-09 - NOA: AOS transferred to CSC and EAD/AP approved (NO BIOMETRICS yet!)

2009-09-14 - AP received (2 copies) / Opened inquiry for lack of biometric with NSC

2009-09-15 - AOS Case pending

2009-10-03 - BioMetrics Received (AOS/EAD) scheduled 10/22/2009

2009-10-06 - Successful walk-in Biometrics Alexandria ASC

2009-10-07&09 - EAD Card Production

2009-10-15 - EAD Card Received

2010-01-11 - Greenncard Received

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Any thoughts?

Yes, when you try this, don't be surprised if the person opening your package has never seen this memo.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I agree with pushbrk. Why would you chance it? I wouldn't trust that memo is read by the staff at USCIS. Personally, after reading that memo, I find it kind of scary. If there doesn't have to be pictures, and they don't have to sign the G325-A, I would suggest that someone could sign a Letter of Intent (who would recognize their signature since there is nothing to compare it to), and file for a fiance without their knowledge. What a surprise it would be to get a Package 3 and you didn't know what was going on! Ridiculous? No...someone recently said it happened to them actually and I just saw how it could have been done!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I agree with pushbrk. Why would you chance it? I wouldn't trust that memo is read by the staff at USCIS. Personally, after reading that memo, I find it kind of scary. If there doesn't have to be pictures, and they don't have to sign the G325-A, I would suggest that someone could sign a Letter of Intent (who would recognize their signature since there is nothing to compare it to), and file for a fiance without their knowledge. What a surprise it would be to get a Package 3 and you didn't know what was going on! Ridiculous? No...someone recently said it happened to them actually and I just saw how it could have been done!

:thumbs: Plus the memo is 3 years old which, in government, is a long time as policies are always changing.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a different take on this issue.

If one doesn't receive an RFE they are further ahead. If they do, have they really lost any time? Considering the time waiting for the form with original signature. If it's only going to take a few days to a week, maybe wait. If it takes longer why not send in without signature of beneficiary?

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.