Ling Ling

The Stupid RFE Thread

237 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 12/10/2017 at 3:30 PM, Abies said:

For RFE for same thing as you 

Yeah , never got answers on this. I either somehow left it out but included it in the copy packet or they lost that specific document.  When I sent it in again I got approved in Feb.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hi all- 

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask a question alongside my post about a stupid RFE, but here it goes..

Category:

IV (Affidavit of Support and Supporting Docs) Package 

Checklist (Missing Doc)- Cyprus Police Certificate 

Why it's stupid- I'm 100% this was included. I typed my own cover sheet with an itemized list (and page numbers) of everything- I included two police certificates (one from Cyprus and one from the UK). The Checklist I received  only requested the Cyprus police reports. 

Question- Is it worth it to call NVC to make sure it's really 'missing'? My husband is of the POV that if I call and make the point that it's there and they just overlooked it, it will speed things up if they do find it (fair enough). I just want to send it in now, as all it will take for us is a quick scan and stop at the post office. Has anyone had any luck calling NVC and notifying them that the actual document is there?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 8:43 AM, jennylo87 said:

Hi all- 

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask a question alongside my post about a stupid RFE, but here it goes..

Category:

IV (Affidavit of Support and Supporting Docs) Package 

Checklist (Missing Doc)- Cyprus Police Certificate 

Why it's stupid- I'm 100% this was included. I typed my own cover sheet with an itemized list (and page numbers) of everything- I included two police certificates (one from Cyprus and one from the UK). The Checklist I received  only requested the Cyprus police reports. 

Question- Is it worth it to call NVC to make sure it's really 'missing'? My husband is of the POV that if I call and make the point that it's there and they just overlooked it, it will speed things up if they do find it (fair enough). I just want to send it in now, as all it will take for us is a quick scan and stop at the post office. Has anyone had any luck calling NVC and notifying them that the actual document is there?

I tried that. They don't respond to anything specific 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was hitted by RFE, they yesterday send it, but I already know what it is, and was the photocopy of the marriage certificate!

The  Superior stupidity was mine! but, at least, they´ve opened the case! Those are my great news!

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Timeline
On 14/3/2018 at 5:53 PM, Jhonny said:

I was hitted by RFE, they yesterday send it, but I already know what it is, and was the photocopy of the marriage certificate!

The  Superior stupidity was mine! but, at least, they´ve opened the case! Those are my great news!

RFE, like I said Marriage Certification Photocopy and Divorce Decree of my wife!

Answering  them tomorrow!

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, Mrsamoah2018 said:

Got a rfe after a PD of 6/18/18...asking for 130a but they must have found it in my file and sent me a notification that case is back being processed

Maybe they lost it, and found it...

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

(NVC Stage) :

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 12:03 AM, MOSTLYLOST said:

My stupid RFE  Did not send page 10 of i-864. It was blank so I just didn't include it.  DUMB

Got one for the same reason😂. I knew you had to send empty pages but forgot to remind my husband about it. My husband didn’t include 2 empty pages... hence the RFE

Last week got a RFE for my husband that stated he departed the country and they want proof he is still here... He hasn't left the country for a year. We are outta our wits end.

We are overnighting the evidence to them, but want to know will this delay our case?

Someone said USCIS won't look at our case again until the deadline of the RFE. That's 3 months away... 😢

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
21 hours ago, naturalhiker said:

Last week got a RFE for my husband that stated he departed the country and they want proof he is still here... He hasn't left the country for a year. We are outta our wits end.

We are overnighting the evidence to them, but want to know will this delay our case?

Someone said USCIS won't look at our case again until the deadline of the RFE. That's 3 months away... 😢

Usually once they receive your reply/ evidence yhey will send you a notice around 2 weeks later after receiving to say that they received the reply and will be working on your case again, at least that was what happened to mine. 

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Short story:  I am going on 15 months now waiting for approve NOA2.  I have been working in Afghanistan for 13 years, as a contractor, not military. I left there at the beginning of June and spent 3 months after that in Thailand with my wife.  I received an RFE mayb a week after i left Afghanistan which my address for notice's were going there,  I couldnt get any information calling as my call back was in Thailand and they can not call there. So, i get back to the US and try to change my address for notice's, I could not do that either.  For some reason the zip code for my military address in Afghanistan was not a valid zip code in there system.  So, I had to call and they actually had to manually change my address which i still had to wait a time for that.  Finally got a copy of my notice for RFE.

What they wanted for my RFE: was a single passport photo of myself. 😒.  I am not happy because it was something so simple, but also happy at the same time because it was something so simple.  My RFE finally sent and finally received Oct 9.  

What did i learn:  absolutely nothing.  other than i should have changed my address to a US address immediately after leaving work.

I am kind of disappointed that We have waited so long to be together and we are through the final stages of that happening and now our immigration is taking much to long to be approved.  Copies of my passport pages were included with the paperwork that showed stamps of me working in Afghanistan as well as my travels to Thailand to see my wife.  I just think to ask for a single passport style photo of myself is just a way to further postpone us to be be together. 😔

Good Luck to you all and wish better luck to you than we have had.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just had a pretty maddening experience.  I submitted all the stuff to NVC (civil docs and AOS packet) in October.  Yesterday got notice that there was an update!  So I log in, and they've rejected two things:

1) Form I-864 EZ (no reason given)

2) Mexican Police Certificate (date)

I called today and spent an hour on hold to find out two things:

1) They rejected the 864EZ because I "don't qualify to use it."  Couldn't tell me why though.  I met all the qualifications given in the instructions.  So she tells me I have to submit the regular I-864 (no problem, I already filled out all 10 pages while I was on hold!)  But no idea why.  It has the same information, plus a bunch of extra "NA" fields for extra relatives that don't exist and such.

2) They rejected the Police Certificate because they thought it was expired.  Issue date on the cert shows 3-10-19, which is October 3 in Spanish.  Of course I also submitted the English translation that shows the date in 10-3-19 format when I submitted everything else, and they accepted that document.  Just didn't look at it.  When I explained all this, she said "Oh that document wasn't needed."  Me:  "You're telling me you need it because it explains the date."  Her:  "Well you need to attach it to the other one."  After much back and forth and head beating on the wall, the decision was that I need to print them both, then scan them into one document, then submit that.  We'll see if it works!

I never did get her to acknowledge that they have already received and accepted everything that they need for the police cert, nor did I get any sort of answer on why I needed to submit the full I-864 with the same information on it.  But I did what I was told.  I'm a little salty over the whole thing but hoping that it will work out!  I wish I had recorded the conversation, it was pretty cringey.  Reduces my faith in the overall process and organization by quite a bit.

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My stupid RFE:

Compressed the I864a too much to the point it was blurry, but I didn’t change the file name only the folder on my computer. So, I didn’t realize it because I was looking at the original.

I didn’t notice my mistake and uploaded the blurry one. 

I’m an imbecile and now stuck in this country much longer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.