Alijan

Administrative processing

11 posts in this topic

I m from afghanistan i live in pakistan i had my interview this august in US embassy Islamabad after the interview i was given a blue slip that states they put me in administrative processing so any one has any idea how long is gonna take for an afghan to get of this situation

Seems they have AR for everyone in your region especially with the war going on and middle east crisis.. Sorry to hear they put you on AR, and based on this forum it could take like 1 to 3 months... hang in there.. good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

depressing sorry to hear that there is another forum "Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)" you might get more insight from there

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
I m from afghanistan i live in pakistan i had my interview this august in US embassy Islamabad after the interview i was given a blue slip that states they put me in administrative processing so any one has any idea how long is gonna take for an afghan to get of this situation

Salaam Alijan,

My fiance had his interview in pakistan on 29 April 2008, and our case is still pending administrative process. we have heard that this process can take anywhere from 1-12 months. for us, close to five months have already passed without any news.

best of luck - waiting out this process seems like the most difficult part.

Filed: Timeline

Salaam Alijan,

My fiance had his interview in pakistan on 29 April 2008, and our case is still pending administrative process. we have heard that this process can take anywhere from 1-12 months. for us, close to five months have already passed without any news.

Here is some quick info regarding admin review in pakistan

interview date june first week, recieved Administrative review, consulate told me, everything is fine, congratulation blah blah, and handed me this blue letter.

I waited for 95 days , finally i recieved the call from the embassy to send the passport thro courier service.

within 5 days I recieved the passport back with visa stamp on it.

Dont lose your hope, in my opinion wait upto 4 months is normal in pakistan

Good luck

interview date june first week, recieved Administrative review, consulate told me, everything is fine, congratulation blah blah, and handed me this blue letter.

I waited for 95 days , finally i recieved the call from the embassy to send the passport thro courier service.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

boss no matter u are afghan or pakistani my brother was in the same situation in 2008 family based visa the minimum time is not less than 5 sweet months i know i am a pain but i am sorry i have to say this this year i am an evidence of a lady from your country she was given the sweet blue sheet 22 weeks ecactly total

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam Alijan,

Good luck

Good luck

My Fiance's interview was on April 25, 2008 and it's still in administrative processing. Six months have passed and no word. Are there any solutions or places which we can contact to get help and advise on this matter because this is just ridiculous. :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam Alijan,

Good luck

Good luck

My Fiance's interview was on April 25, 2008 and it's still in administrative processing. Six months have passed and no word. Are there any solutions or places which we can contact to get help and advise on this matter because this is just ridiculous. :crying:

We r on our 11mon of AP! so those of you who've cleared in 6mons +/- are v v fortunate...

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

It sux, and the worst thing about it, you don't know how much time this will take.

Same thing here in Morocco! been over 5 months, no news.

My question is: do you have any rights? The right to know... information. at least a time frame.

For those who say bureaucracy only in third-world countries!!!

Good Luck all I have to give.

bd

We are also in the same boat, 4 1/2 months . This is a horrible experience. Doesnt seem like it should take this long to pass securtiy clearance.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you have not already, please add your name and ap date to the AP Tracker Forum

This will help others discover trends and view other peoples timelens that are in AP. Best of all you get understanding support, since we are all in the same boat.

Have any of you called the DOS? If you ask when was the last time your case was access, it can atleast give you a glimpse of what they are working on. Some operators are not so helpful, but call again in a couple of days you will get someone else.

Best of luck

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.