mergee

what is SECPA?

12 posts in this topic

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN IT SAYS SECPA COPY? WHAT IS SECPA? MY NSO COPY HAS A CLERICAL ERROR AND I ALREADY FILED A PETITION TO CORRECT IT AND AS OF THE MOMENT, I ALREADY HAVE THE FINALITY AND REPORT THAT THE PETITION TO CORRECT THE CLERICAL ERROR HAS BEEN GRANTED.... IS IT OK THAT ILL JUST SHOW MY NSO BIRTH CERT (WITH ERROR), AND SUPPORT IT WITH THE FINALITY THAT THE LCR HAS GIVEN ME WITH MANUAL AUTHENTICATION FROM THE NSO ? THASNKS A LOT.I HOPE SOMEONE WILL GIVE ME A REPLY... IM SO DEPRESSED

AOS 2009

January 21 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP

January 23 - Received package

January 30 - NOA 1

February 19- Biometrics Appointment

March 12- Received notice to Appear for Initial Interview (March 5 notice date)

March 26- AP Received by Mail

March 26- EAD Card Production Ordered by email (CRIS)

March 30- EAD Card arrived in mail

April 13- AOS interview approved (Thanks God)

April 20- Welcome Letter Received

April 25- Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN IT SAYS SECPA COPY? WHAT IS SECPA? MY NSO COPY HAS A CLERICAL ERROR AND I ALREADY FILED A PETITION TO CORRECT IT AND AS OF THE MOMENT, I ALREADY HAVE THE FINALITY AND REPORT THAT THE PETITION TO CORRECT THE CLERICAL ERROR HAS BEEN GRANTED.... IS IT OK THAT ILL JUST SHOW MY NSO BIRTH CERT (WITH ERROR), AND SUPPORT IT WITH THE FINALITY THAT THE LCR HAS GIVEN ME WITH MANUAL AUTHENTICATION FROM THE NSO ? THASNKS A LOT.I HOPE SOMEONE WILL GIVE ME A REPLY... IM SO DEPRESSED

google is your friend

certified copies of certifications of birth, death, marriage and no marriage in security paper (SECPA)

YMMV

SECPA----Security Paper (NSO)

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

we have the same case.. I presented to the USE the certified copy of annotated BC given by NSO.

YOU MEAN U WAITED THAT LONG ? I MEAN THEY ALREADY GAQVE ME THE FINALITY BUT ONLY TO DISCOVER IT ISNT ENOUGH... I HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER 3-6 MONTHS FOR THAT ENDORSEMENT FROM LCR TO NSO FOR SECPA? CAN I HAVE MANUAL ANNOTATION OR MANUAL AUTHENTICATION OF MY CERTIFICATE OF FINALITY? I HAVE MY OLD NSO BIRTH CERT WHICH HAS A CLERICAL ERROR.. HELP ME PLEASE.. THANKS A LOT FOR THE REPLY..

AOS 2009

January 30 - NOA 1

we have the same case.. I presented to the USE the certified copy of annotated BC given by NSO.

YOU MEAN U WAITED THAT LONG ? I MEAN THEY ALREADY GAQVE ME THE FINALITY BUT ONLY TO DISCOVER IT ISNT ENOUGH... I HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN FOR ANOTHER 3-6 MONTHS FOR THAT ENDORSEMENT FROM LCR TO NSO FOR SECPA? CAN I HAVE MANUAL ANNOTATION OR MANUAL AUTHENTICATION OF MY CERTIFICATE OF FINALITY? I HAVE MY OLD NSO BIRTH CERT WHICH HAS A CLERICAL ERROR.. HELP ME PLEASE.. THANKS A LOT FOR THE REPLY..

well im not sure if you can have it manually annotated..i filed for the correction of my BC august 07 and got the finality after a month..the NSO and the LCR gave me a copy with the corrections but there was no barcode and BREN(birth reference number) yet so i had to wait for 3 months before i got my annotated barcoded BC..why dont you call NSO im sure they can help you..goodluck!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

well im not sure if you can have it manually annotated..i filed for the correction of my BC august 07 and got the finality after a month..the NSO and the LCR gave me a copy with the corrections but there was no barcode and BREN(birth reference number) yet so i had to wait for 3 months before i got my annotated barcoded BC..why dont you call NSO im sure they can help you..goodluck!!!

so what did you submit during the interview?

AOS 2009

January 30 - NOA 1

so what did you submit during the interview?

ill have my interview next week and since i already have my annotated BC thats the one that im gonna submit..ill also bring the supporting papers(name change petition and the finality) just in case..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

sorry if you misunderstood me..i got my finality last sept 07 then on january 08 my name change was already encoded to the NSO's database so i was able ot secure a copy..my BC has BREN,barcode and with annotations too...

Edited by RussellandMarie

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, we have the same case. But I applied for RA 9048 when I was about to get my passport. I waited for about 6months to correct my name (this was in LCR) then after the finality released I went to NSO to submit that and apply for the annotated BC... After a week or two (can't remember the exact days I waited) my BC was released.

The only problem with this, is every time I want to get a copy of my annotated BC, I need to go to NSO main. Unlike when you have the usual BC or MC you can just go to any NSO branch near you. (Hope NSO/government will do something about it since they are already computerized system) :angry:

Hi, we have the same case. But I applied for RA 9048 when I was about to get my passport. I waited for about 6months to correct my name (this was in LCR) then after the finality released I went to NSO to submit that and apply for the annotated BC... After a week or two (can't remember the exact days I waited) my BC was released.

The only problem with this, is every time I want to get a copy of my annotated BC, I need to go to NSO main. Unlike when you have the usual BC or MC you can just go to any NSO branch near you. (Hope NSO/government will do something about it since they are already computerized system) :angry:

wow buti ka pa u only waited 2 weeks but davao LCR told me to wait after 3 months- KAINIS! SO MY LAST OPTION WOULD BE GO TO NSO MAIN VIBAL BUILDING AND FOLLOW UP ON IT... GRRR... I HOPE I CAN GET IT RIGHT AWAY

AOS 2009

January 30 - NOA 1

wow buti ka pa u only waited 2 weeks but davao LCR told me to wait after 3 months- KAINIS! SO MY LAST OPTION WOULD BE GO TO NSO MAIN VIBAL BUILDING AND FOLLOW UP ON IT... GRRR... I HOPE I CAN GET IT RIGHT AWAY

i hope that you can have your supporting documents with you in time for your interview..my fiance called usem yesterday to find out if my dv is already forwarded by the NSO..grace was sooo nice to him and very accomodating..she told my fiance that dv is there and that i have this correction issue with my name so she advised my fiance to tell me to bring all my supporting documents for my interview next week becoz the CO might ask for it...

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.