Aaron&Tina

Worried about Lung SCAR

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

i'm tina from quezon city newbie here. i'm quite anxious and worried about lung scar. Here my story i had pulmonary infection and unfortunately put a scar into my lung which is expected to a person who had pulmonary infection. Iam AWARE that St.lukes is quite strict ruling out PTB , AND i'm also aware that my sputum will be examined for AFB staining and C&S soon since i have the scar.Just to determine if I have new infection OR ACTIVE PTB... My QUESTION what IF i have a current sputum culture test result was done a week before my MEDICAL EXAM at SLEC , and the test will be done from St. lukes MAIN or from LCP and have a certification saying that i'm negative(no active PTB) . Is there a posibility that SLEC manila consider my result of sputum culture and do not need to repeat of the said test? OR still i really need to and will go through all the procedures of screening aND wait for months for the result of sputum examination?.......Sorry i'm just being impatient we haven't yet recieved the NOA2 and yet i'm beginning to worry and think about those thing ..i can't help it.... :crying:

tnx...

tina

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi tina! :D

welcome to VJ :P

im not sure if they will accept your med.examination result if you will undergo an early med.exam from st. lukes main but the best thing you need to do is, bring your current medical exam result and show it to them malay mo baka tanggapin nila pareho lang naman sila (F) good luck! (L)

Edited by stevent

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

Maribel had all her previous xrays and doctors notes. the only thing the SLEC accepts is their own work. so chances are they will make you undergo a sputum test, it takes 8 weeks and is nerve racking(the wait) to say the least

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

I had bunch of blood test, HIV test, MRI, CT-scan from St. Luke's main but when I ask SLEC to consider my records from SLEC main which is from some 6 months ago, they never considered the testings and I have to undergo the testings again.

I am not sure about the X-ray, I believe they consider X-rays from hospitals/clinic in they're given validity period. I forgot for how long should an X-ray was taken make it valid for them to acknowledge it.

Do they do skin test nowadays? If so, you will find out to have a latent TB.....or non active TB. I am not sure what SLEC do to patients who have had TB before.

I really don't know answers from all of your questions but I do hope that you pass the SLEC exam and go on with the interview.

God bless! :star::star::star:

Hi everyone!

i'm tina from quezon city newbie here. i'm quite anxious and worried about lung scar. Here my story i had pulmonary infection and unfortunately put a scar into my lung which is expected to a person who had pulmonary infection. Iam AWARE that St.lukes is quite strict ruling out PTB , AND i'm also aware that my sputum will be examined for AFB staining and C&S soon since i have the scar.Just to determine if I have new infection OR ACTIVE PTB... My QUESTION what IF i have a current sputum culture test result was done a week before my MEDICAL EXAM at SLEC , and the test will be done from St. lukes MAIN or from LCP and have a certification saying that i'm negative(no active PTB) . Is there a posibility that SLEC manila consider my result of sputum culture and do not need to repeat of the said test? OR still i really need to and will go through all the procedures of screening aND wait for months for the result of sputum examination?.......Sorry i'm just being impatient we haven't yet recieved the NOA2 and yet i'm beginning to worry and think about those thing ..i can't help it.... :crying:

tnx...

tina

All i know SLEC in Ermita still do there own job. They will just compare the result you had in the previous, but still re-do the test on there own. If you are inactive-TB, you are fine and you can still proceed for an interview..but if u are active-TB, u have to through a series of treatment before u can have interview. They're are very strict when it comes to TB as long it is active....and then one u arrive here in US..u expect that your state will report you case to the local clinic in your state and they will give you series test again like sputum, xray and PPD (skin test test). This is mandatory from CDC here in US. Dont worry, as long your in-active you are fine. Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone!

tnx...

tina

Hi there Tina..Here is my 2 cents worth. As you have said, SLEC is quite strict with PTb screening. The doctors at SLEC and the doctors at St Lukes Hospital are not one and the same. Every clini has different SOP's. So, they may or may not accept the results of your Tb cultures done outside SLEC.

You may undergo chest xray, AFB smear stains and Tb cultures, months prior to your medical exam at SLEC. You will do this for you peace of mind and you'll have a heads up of what will come out of your exam.

Tb scars will disappear, but it will take a very long time. Maybe even years. At SLEC even if your AFB stains are negative, they will request a culture if they will see a scar on your xray.

Pray, God will heal you. With Him, nothing is impossible. God bles you! :innocent:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i did my medical i bring along my week old xray film unfortunately it wasn't accepted they will do the xray whether u like it or not...good luck!

Love is an unexpected thing...and when it arrives grab it with all ur heart....it may pass u jsut once.......

1_217966694l.jpg

11.20.07 : mailed I130

01.23.08 : NOA1

04.21.08 : mailed I129F

04.22.08 : NOA1

05.14.08 : NOA2 both for I 130 and I 129F

06.26.08 : medical exam 2nd day PASSED!!

07.09.08 : interview day! PASSED! PINK SLIP!

07.15.08 : visa on hand!!!

08.01.08 : POE SFO (home with my papi!)

• 5 weeks later...

TO TINA:

Have you had your medical exam yet? I went through my first day today and brought my old films + medical certificate since I also had previous PTB case. The physician in St. Luke requested more information so I have to go back to my pulmonologist in Makati. She told me to get the additional medical certificate that should indicate the medicines I took, dosage, and the duration. I will need to bring it when I come back for my x-ray results.

I am still not sure if they will require me to go through sputum test but after what i've read through the post here, it looks like I will have to go through it too. A couple of questions to you and to others who may have went through the same thing

1. If you had previous PTB case and you have med cert that says you have been cured, would they still require you to do sputum test?

2. If you go through sputum test and all 3 tests are negative, do they still require a culture test?

Thanks so much as another 2 months will definitely hit our schedule and I am really hoping to fly to the CA on December during my boyfriend's winter school break - which should give us more time to get married.

Regards,

LMY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yep!! but at least better be thankful.. cause you know for sure that the sputum culture test will be negative.. some people doesn't know that they have TB and they were like devastated and paranoid waiting for the culture result.. It will just be a slight delay girl but you'll be there..

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!!

snxcq70j3.png

thank you.. but u know what, WHAT IF! i got infected again? I went to see my private pulmo today and she said that we can get infected again even if we have been cured from our previous infection.

i seriously dont know where i got it since my family has been checked already. maybe i got it from the plane, i travel a lot and i could have gotten it from my trips that took more than 20 hours - super dirty raw kasi ng air sa loob ng plane kaya be very careful and make sure you are all healthy and have taken vitamins before you fly somewhere else in the world! or wear something to cover your nose and mouth, buti na ang paranoid than to get all these diseases :(

and another thing, i never had sputum test during my previous treatment. my pulmonologist just ruled that it is just a scar now and that i am already a ptb5 case. so medyo worried pa rin ako, but i already told myself that if i do get positive in the culture test, i would be very willing to take the treatment, after all, its just 6 months and it is less expensive to have it here than to go through those meds/shots in the US.

everything should be fine :) even if i had a lot of teary moments today but i managed to smile. my honey is sad but he's right, he wants me to be fine and healthy, and that's the most important thing.

for the rest who may go through the same case .. i will include you in my prayers :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went to st. lukes when I found out in SLEC that I have a scar on my lungs and st. lukes main themselves told me that SLEC will only honor their work.. You just have the papers, certification etc. ready they will just compare it.. but at least you will be confident that the AFB staining will be negative and you will only be delayed for 2 mos..

STay positive and happy !!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

snxcq70j3.png

SLEC will still do their own medical exam. You have to bring medical certificate from your Pulmonologist stating your Diagnosis, laboratory examinations done including Chest X-rays, treatment given and for how long. You need to bring all your previous lab results including chest x-ray films (pre and post-treatment). SLEC will do comparison study with your previous CXR films and the CXR that they will do on your medical exam.

Any scars, any infiltrates, any fibrocalcific densities (scars) or any suspicious findings on chest X-ray films that SLEC will do during your medical examinations --> it is their SOP to do AFB sputum test (with culture), that's why it takes about 8 weeks (and this will delay your interview schedule). Since Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a slow growing organisms and it takes time for them to grow in the culture media. If 2 out of the 3 test is positive, then they will require the patient/applicant to be treated for a minimum of 6 months and usually a referral to their Pulmonologist for the treatment. If all are negative, then they will re-schedule you for the interview.

It is not a guarantee that once you have been treated for TB, then you are cured. Most TB organisms remains dormant and can reactivate any time (especially when your immune system is down); or you can get re-infected with new infection or if you were improperly treated (which can have a greater risk to have a multi-drug resistant type of PTB).

Good Luck to you and to everyone. God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee was forced to do a sputum test as well (October 17th is the end of the 8 weeks). I have two questions... first will she actually know on the 17th what the results are or is there yet another delay of some sorts? Secondly once the results are known how long (typically) does it take to get the interview? We have been waiting so long to be together... I haven't seen her since July '07 (we thought we would be together a long time ago).

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Hi everyone!

tnx...

tina

u will still undergo with the procedures......i experienced that before!! you will be fine....if u had the medication before...they will know it just present all ur medical certificates and x-ray films...goodluck!! :thumbs::thumbs:

(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯)

. 2007-08-01----- Petition Sent to USCIS

. 2007-08-22----- Receipt Date

. 2007-12-13----- NOA1 got from mail

. 2007-12-20----- APPROVED

. 2007-12-26----- Sent to USEM Manila

. 2008-01-15----- Embassy Received

. 2008-01-23----- Received Packet 4

. 2008-02-07----- Delbros Payment

. 2008-02-22----- 1st day of Medical (Early than my Appointment)

. 2008-02-25----- 2nd day of Medical (Delayed because of Weekend & Holidays)

. 2008-02-27----- Sputum Test (3 days, until Feb 29)

. 2008-03-18----- K1 Visa Payment

. 2008-08-27----- PRISM Counseling/Yellow Certificate given

. 2008-09-08----- Final Culture Result - NEGATIVE

. 2008-09-09----- RE-Medical

. 2008-09-11------Release (Vaccination)

. 2008-09-16----- USEM Interview - APPROVED (PINK SLIP)

. 2008-09-23----- VISA in hand

. 2008-09-25----- POE Detroit (DWT)

(¯`'•.¸ AOS ¸.•'´¯)

. 2008-11-11----- CIVIL WEDDING

. 2008-11-20----- SENT PAPERS FOR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS[

. 2008-11-24----- PACKAGE DELIVERED

. 2008-12-05----- THEY CASHED OUR CHECK

. 2008-12-12----- RECEIVED NOA

. 2008-12-24----- BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

. 2009-01-20----- EAD APPROVED

. 2009-01-29----- EAD CARD RECEIVED

. 2009-03-06------SSN CARD RECEIVED

. 2009-06-11------INTERVIEW (GC)

. 2009-12-17------AOS Approved

. 2010-01-04------Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.