Sign in to follow this  
prashp1

NVC Expedite Request

48 posts in this topic

Hello. I know you can request to expedite cases at USCIS but can you also request to expedite cases at NVC? What would be the process? Can I just call NVC and request to expedite or contact my congressman and senators? Thanks

Yes, you can.

But, you are almost done with NVC !

Leah

Hello. I know you can request to expedite cases at USCIS but can you also request to expedite cases at NVC? What would be the process? Can I just call NVC and request to expedite or contact my congressman and senators? Thanks

Before they receive your expedite and read it, your case will be completed :star::star::star:

Just a note to others who may have received an expedite approval from USCIS. When I was talking to the NVC operator I asked him if the USCIS expedite approval follows all the way through the process and was told "no, it does not. You must also request and expedite request to the NVC or your NVC case will process normally".

To request an expedite from NVC:

1) Call NVC and tell them that you received an Expedite Approval from USCIS. They will ask for your case number.

2) You will be asked to send a Doctor's letter by snail mail to a NVC Supervisor.

3) Ask if you can Fax or Email the letter instead. Email is an option but they do not tell you unless you ask.

4) Your email must:

be addressed to the USCUS Supervisor given to you during the phone call and contain:

a) Email subject line "Attention Supervisor (supervisor's name)

a) your name and birth date

b) your beneficiary's name, birth date and USCIS case number

c) A justification for your need of the Expedite service

d) the Doctor's letter explaining you medical condition "in layman's terms"

Oh Zai & Gary, you digged an old post of mine :-)

Before April 2008, NVC was a snail and it used to take 3 or more months to complete. Then the question arose to expedite NVC. But now with the latest emailing and online payments, a normal person can get out of NVC in 3 to 4 weeks time.

That's why I replied, "before your expedite request reaches NVC, you will be out of NVC" :-)

Loto

Hummm, I was trying to edit my post but the system tells me I do not have permission so I replied instead. This post has been updated from the previous post.

Just a note to others who may have received an expedite approval from USCIS. When I was talking to the NVC operator I asked him if the USCIS expedite approval follows all the way through the process and was told "no, it does not. You must also request and expedite request to the NVC or your NVC case will process normally".

1) Call NVC and tell them that you received an Expedite Approval from USCIS. They will ask for your case number.

2) You will be asked to send a Doctor's letter by snail mail to a NVC Supervisor.

3) Ask if you can Fax or Email the letter instead. Email is an option but they do not tell you unless you ask.

4) Your email must:

a) Be addressed to NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV

b) Subject line "Attention Supervisor (Supervisor's name given to you during your phone call)"

c) Contain your name and birth date

d) Contain your beneficiary's name, birth date and USCIS case number

e) Contain your explanation for your need of an Expedite

f) Contain the scanned (pdf is best) and attached Doctor's letter explaining you medical condition "in layman's terms"

Hello Loto,

Thanks for the reply. Since your post was not too recent I went ahead and posted the information I discovered. Well it may not be necessary to request an expedite these days but I've already posted it so if someone happens to need it, it is here for reference. Mods may remove my posts if so desired.

Edited by Zai & Gary

Hello Loto,

Thanks for the reply. Since your post was not too recent I went ahead and posted the information I discovered. Well it may not be necessary to request an expedite these days but I've already posted it so if someone happens to need it, it is here for reference. Mods may remove my posts if so desired.

Zai & Gary, never say so. Every bit of info. is useful to others. Most of them will get out of NVC in a month. Nevertheless, there are persons who "unfortunately" trap in NVC as well. Your post will definitely be useful to them.

Loto

Edited by LotOfPatience

Hummm, I was trying to edit my post but the system tells me I do not have permission so I replied instead. This post has been updated from the previous post.

4) Your email must:

a) Be addressed to NVCINQUIRY@STATE.GOV

b) Subject line "Attention Supervisor (Supervisor's name given to you during your phone call)"

c) Contain your name and birth date

d) Contain your beneficiary's name, birth date and USCIS case number

e) Contain your explanation for your need of an Expedite

f) Contain the scanned (pdf is best) and attached Doctor's letter explaining you medical condition "in layman's terms"

First post removed at the Poster's request

Edited by Kathryn41

NVC expedited our case cause of my pregnancy. The only thing we did: we sent an email to the supervisor explaining our situation.

Good luck

Hi. I was wondering where you sent your expedite request due to pregnancy? I'm pregnant myself and I think my interview date will reach my due date since we filed our case Sept 05 and as i've read it takes 5-6 months to process, my edd is either last week of Feb or first week of March. Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Hi. I was wondering where you sent your expedite request due to pregnancy? I'm pregnant myself and I think my interview date will reach my due date since we filed our case Sept 05 and as i've read it takes 5-6 months to process, my edd is either last week of Feb or first week of March. Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Ive sent you a pm - hope it helps :thumbs:

I got mine expedited, it got approved, and within 1 week I had my interview, almost quicker than I could set up my medical... expedited at the NVC, carried over to the Consulate in London, received interview 6 days later.

Faxed Senator

outlined details of reasons

senator made the expedite plea for us

it got approved

simples!!!

but

I would say, choose the right senator, and you would have been wise to have done it on the elections where they wanted your votes... I might be way off the mark there though... the senator we had was a very wise time served senator with punch!

God bless that senator.

INTERVIEW>>>>> 18th of November

Edited by wellingtonboot

Hey there,

I've just sent an email explaining our situation to this email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Put your case number as a subject and ATTN: SUPERVISOR on the top of your message.

I'll send you what I wrote to them to your inbox.

It only took them about a week to approve our application after that.

Best of luck to you. Let me know if you need more info.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.