charramal

I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES!!!

97 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But if things are getting worst everyday, I must say go home because I think it will be harder to sleep with someone that you think marrying him is a big regret and you are not happy.

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult but it is a hard quest worth making to find someone whose steady presence will become steadily the person one desires to be..

You are still in the adjustment period.The seven year-itch as what some might say.

Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.

Goodluck to you and God bless!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can please someone tell me what will be the effect if I will go back to the Philippines on my AOS?

It would be okay for me if my husband and i will not continue this fuc*ing AOS and instead just file for the divorce or will it be automatically if i go back to my country?

You just married a little less than two weeks ago so Im assuming you guys have not filed AOS yet. If so, just go back to Philippines then. no harm no foul.

If you have filed AOS and you're asking what would be the effect. I would assume nothing. First off, you would be in Philippines so you wont care. Second, if you "stayed" here in the US and its time for you to lift condition on your conditional reseident status, it will probably get denied.

Edited by NoelandTintin

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i agree..... if you are sure you want to go back, don't file for AOS (it still 1010$ !!!) and just go home

still i would recommend to talk and make things work as a couple.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
still i would recommend to talk and make things work as a couple.

1. Yes. COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE with your husband.

2. Attend a joint appointment with your church pastor.

3. See #1.

4. See #1.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Lucky you married in the US and not the Philippines. That's one BIG advantage of the K1 visa as you only need to divorce in the US and not worry about getting an annulment in PI.

Makes it a lot easier to move on with your life!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
I am already here w/ my "husband" in the US. But i feel like i am in HELL whenever we are fighting or arguing something about. I really want to go back to the Philippines to get rid of this. Honestly, i still thought why i married him. Actually, the first time i met his family was Horrible for me. I don't know. His brother was obviously doesn't like me for him for whatever the reason he has. I don't know if i am just being pathetic or over reacting on something i do not like. I don't know if this is because i am bored or the homesick. I was out of my mind when i agreed to marry him for i thought i will be happy with him. Btw, we've just married last month JULY 21 but we are already fighting almost every other day. :angry:

Can please someone tell me what will be the effect if I will go back to the Philippines on my AOS?

It would be okay for me if my husband and i will not continue this fuc*ing AOS and instead just file for the divorce or will it be automatically if i go back to my country?

I never been happy after i marry him and If i can only turn back time I shouldn't marry him and thought million times to do such shi* like this. :crying:

Hello.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.. You know i think it will be better for you and your husband to talk first.. Then find out the problem.. First year of marriage for both people who came from different culture is really tough.. Language barrier is another reason.. Try to examine yourself why you always fight, is it because of you or because of him? How will you make this better and learn from past arguments.. If you have tried this several times.. then I will say just go home and do what you think that will make you happy.. If divorce will solve every miseries you have then go on.. after all there is nothing to lose because you dont have a kids yet.

I would rather say that it is really good to feel that inlaws will welcome you as if you are the part of the family.. It is good that in the first meeting you already knew that they dont like you. In my case, they pretended they really liked me.. only to find out late on that my nationality did really bother my inlaws. His sister think that I married my husband for some reason.. But you know what? I dont care.. I do not live with them, they dont feed me.. so why will I get affected.. My husband family came from divorce, his parents got divorce... so they think everybody will do the same thing.. YES, they dont like me either.. but who cares? Im not married to them.. But you know sometimes, even the person does not like you, you still have to be cordial or at least civil and do the best you can as a wife.. It is better that you have something to say to them, but they have NOTHING to say about you.. I am doing reverse psychology to his family.. and i dont let myself get affected.. because if I will it will ruin our relationship.. and thats why sometimes you have to compromise..

Try to find a job, this way you too will not get on each other nerves and you will be busy and not worry about anything.. and if really things did not work out.. just go home rather that wait for a worst case scenario...Some people even their life is miserable, they stay for the sake of greencard.. You have to remember America is not the only place that can offer good life.. you can find it everywhere.. and this will be up to you on how you work with your life useful and meaningful..

Cheer up, there is still a life ahead of you..

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Timeline

I think it would be better to just go. If you are being this miserable and whiny at home, I'm sure your new husband would probably be happy to send you back to the Philippines. Overjoyed, even.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

hang in there, don't give up & go home. its going to take work on both sides. like people are saying in this thread...i think its adjustment jitters (its going to take time for you to adjust, you are in a totally different culture now) & keep the communication flowing w/ your husband.

7yqZWFL.jpg

If you haven't filed for AOS, you can leave to go home anytime you want. If you've filed AOS, then I'd recommend to at least wait till you get AP before you leave. It would be a waste to go home, and then your feelings change and you want to come back to work on the marriage again... but instead would face another year of visa waiting time.

Adjusting is a real hard time. Of course it seems easier for people to say it than when you are going through it... but we are talking from experience.

Be patient, talk more, try to remember why you fell in love with this person. Good luck to you :star:

12140.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am already here w/ my "husband" in the US. But i feel like i am in HELL whenever we are fighting or arguing something about. I really want to go back to the Philippines to get rid of this. Honestly, i still thought why i married him. Actually, the first time i met his family was Horrible for me. I don't know. His brother was obviously doesn't like me for him for whatever the reason he has. I don't know if i am just being pathetic or over reacting on something i do not like. I don't know if this is because i am bored or the homesick. I was out of my mind when i agreed to marry him for i thought i will be happy with him. Btw, we've just married last month JULY 21 but we are already fighting almost every other day. :angry:

I never been happy after i marry him and If i can only turn back time I shouldn't marry him and thought million times to do such shi* like this. :crying:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patience..patience... try to save your marriage, the best way i think is not to let both your emotions overflows ask your hubby to sit and talk openheartedly.

HALLER!

I think it would be better to just go. If you are being this miserable and whiny at home, I'm sure your new husband would probably be happy to send you back to the Philippines. Overjoyed, even.

That's quite a mean thing to say.

God knows we've ALL had negative feelings throughout our journeys and it takes a long time to adjust to an entire new life. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't.

Don't be cruel to the OP who has found that she is not happy and is expressing her thoughts.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Really no sense in posting that here and getting a bunch of worthless advice, do what you have to do.

Don't be cruel to the OP who has found that she is not happy and is expressing her thoughts.

Why not? Seriously. Tell me why I shouldn't.

Who determines what is mean and/or cruel?

Is truth cruel?

Is there some High Council of Druids who determine what someone is allowed to say and what they aren't? What are the punishments?

Should people lie and not tell the truth if that truth is "mean"?

Should people follow the oft-quoted addage "If you can't say something nice, STFU"? Why?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.