shes

APPLYING RELATIVES FOR TOURIST VISA TO ATTEND YOUR WEDDING

26 posts in this topic

good luck girl :)

good luck to your family too.. hope all of them will get the visa... so that you are complete on your wedding day :star: ... for sure that's your happiest moment in your life :star:

talga? eheh may chance pa pla mom q,, but if not, oh well, kmi nlng visit sa PI next year, i applied for AP din nmn,, biometrics q this friday na :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
good luck girl :)

good luck to your family too.. hope all of them will get the visa... so that you are complete on your wedding day :star: ... for sure that's your happiest moment in your life :star:

talga? eheh may chance pa pla mom q,, but if not, oh well, kmi nlng visit sa PI next year, i applied for AP din nmn,, biometrics q this friday na :)

uy thats nice! goodluck to you on friday ha! be praying for you :yes:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Are you trying to get Tourist Visa from PI to USA for your Family Members?

If so, each would have to apply for a tourist visa. they all would have to prove significant ties to the Philippines. there is really nothing you can do. I will not say not to try, but it will probably be difficult for all of them to obtain tourist visas.

yeah, a tourist visa fits for them :huh: so wats so amazing about it? we had that before. anyways, well i wont be the one who'll get them a visa (obviously) :blink:

and hello????? i wont be presenting myself infront of the CO who'll interview each member of my family and tell them ..oh! im the one who'll be wed in the states, shes my mom...my bro, my dad..blah blah... (that wont work i know)

no one said that. :whistle: no one said impossible and not to try. ;)

best of luck to your family members with the visa applications. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I want my mom to visit us here in usa next year, august, is it really impossible for old people to come here as tourist? she is 70 and definitely don't have intention to stay, she want to stay in PI until she will die,,,

she have house/lot title, own a farm, and small money in bank, that's it.. no pension etc. is it possible? or not?

hopefully your mom will be able to get the visa :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello SHES. My parents were able to attend our wedding here in the US last December. My mom already had a visitor's visa from years ago, but with my father, I had to have him apply last year. That was actually my father's second attempt to apply for a visa, he was not granted before (2004). I also wanted my sister and her daughter to be at my wedding as my wedding coordinator for the day and as part of wedding entourage (niece for bridesmaid), and of course there's nothing really that can match a sister's care on your wedding day. Since my father and my sister/niece are in different households, they were interviewed separately. My father got a visa but my sister and niece did not. Generally, they will grant you visa if you can prove you have a compelling reason to go back to the US - that's why others mentioned, property proofs, local bank account statements, family ties back home, etc. However, granting one a visa is all in the hands of the Consul interviewing you. Even though you had brought all the probable relevant documents/proofs you have to the interview, you won't even have a chance to show them. My sister/niece were told they did not present enough reason for them to be granted a visa after just being asked 2 basic questions ( what's your job and what's your husband's job - they both work for the government). My father is not even looking so old to be considered a senior (most think seniors have better chance to get a visa), he was asked 4 questions - why does he want to go to the US, how many children he has and how am I erlated to him, when is he coming back to the Phils. He answered them all in his own straight English :-) So I guess for your family/relatives to attend your wedding, there should be not much hope for them to be frustrated if they will not be granted a visa, but just take a chance, prepare all what's necessary and be confident and truthful in answering the interview questions. You'll never know. Good luck to them.

hey Cyra,, dami mo pala visitor sa wedding :) whole family... yup they are right,, it's hard to get a tourist visa especially for whole family.... but if you really like them to be with your wedding, let them try... they should prepare for the requirements, bank accounts, house title, properties, employment contract, or maybe a letter from employer stating the leave dates, enrollment form for ur bro etc.. strong ties to PI,

My sister can attend on my wedding :) she got that damn tourist visa .. ^_^

I want my mom to visit us here in usa next year, august, is it really impossible for old people to come here as tourist? she is 70 and definitely don't have intention to stay, she want to stay in PI until she will die,,,

she have house/lot title, own a farm, and small money in bank, that's it.. no pension etc. is it possible? or not?

prime! hello! kamusta kana my friendster friend..(redundant) :lol: anyways, ang saya naman ng sister mo!! and ang masaya pa dun ikaw may sister .. ako kase brothers lang..hhaaayy.. anyways, nagulat ako sa mga reactions ng tao dito..parang galit na galit sila sa usem pagdating sa tourist visa application :hehe: para bang sabay sabay nila akong sinigawan ng..HHUUWWWAAAATTTTTTT?????? :lol:

ofcourse, kahit naman meron kang ipakita sa co lahat ng requirements nila..still, its their decision and im hoping and praying that yes, both of my parents (they have to apply for a visa again), my brother and his wife and my youngest bro.( na oo nga, ipapakita dapat na erolled sya for the coming sem) could all come to the u.s.

speaking of oLd people applying for visa..alam mo sa case namn ng lola ko, nabigyan sya nung 6 mos toursit visa before,umuwi after 4 mos sa pinas. so, i think its possible for them at their age to get a toursit visa naman.

uy mga vj people...nothing is impossible to the Lord ha! ;) my family already paid that $131 fee (each) sai kase sept na daw ang available na interview for tourist. if its the Lord's will for them to get a tourist visa approval, it will be done! if not, its ok :)

hopefully your mom will be able to get the visa :thumbs:

Timeline
My father got a visa but my sister and niece did not. Generally, they will grant you visa if you can prove you have a compelling reason to go back to the US - that's why others mentioned, property proofs, local bank account statements, family ties back home, etc. However, granting one a visa is all in the hands of the Consul interviewing you. Even though you had brought all the probable relevant documents/proofs you have to the interview, you won't even have a chance to show them. My sister/niece were told they did not present enough reason for them to be granted a visa after just being asked 2 basic questions ( what's your job and what's your husband's job - they both work for the government).

oh i see..thnkx for sharing ur relatives experience..i remember one of my relative before also applied for a visa, theyre ready with the requirements but she was grilled by the co asking her questions that will prove that shel come back home.. then when the co found out that she will be leaving her toddler here in PI, she was granted a visa.

so i dnt knw, mybe if only ur sister wud have the thought of going to the u.s. by herself alone and shel be leaving her baby here..maybe she have gotten a visa.

arhh..i dont know, i wish we can read the co's mind.

il update u guys to what will happen on their interview.. but ofcors me and my love are more focused on MY INTERVIEW. :thumbs:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Shes, I also wanted my mom to attend my wedding in Virginia when i get my Visa approved. Im going to help her apply for tourist visa. I would like my dad to be there too but we cannot afford to get them both. I will just take my Mom so she can also visit her brothers and sisters there in California. My Dad is ok with it. Im praying for my mom too!

K1 Timeline

05/23/2006 - The first time we wrote each other

05/27/2007 - The first we chatted

11/16/2007 - The first time we met personally [it was my birthday]

11/21/2007 - Engagement Date

03/10/2008 - Sent application to CSC

03/17/2008 - NOA

05/17/2008 - His 2nd visit

06/05/2008 - NVC issued case number MNL2008637XXX & forwarded our case to USEM

06/19 to 06/20/2008 - Medical exam schedule at St. Luke's Extension Clinic [PASSED!]

07/11/2008 - Interview Passed!!! God is so greatful!!!

10/17/2008 - Arrived in US POE - Detroit

01/03/2009 - Wedding day!!!

AOS

03/24/2009 - US Medical Exam (PTB skin test)

04/06/2009 - Adjustment of Status (AOS) sent to USCIS in Chicago

04/17/2009 - NOA1 Received

04/20/2009 - NOA2 Received

05/07/2009 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hello Shes, I also wanted my mom to attend my wedding in Virginia when i get my Visa approved. Im going to help her apply for tourist visa. I would like my dad to be there too but we cannot afford to get them both. I will just take my Mom so she can also visit her brothers and sisters there in California. My Dad is ok with it. Im praying for my mom too!

my prayers are with you too! ofcourse no matter wat type the wedding would be,its different wen our parents are there,better if all of our love ones wud be there too. it just makes it more special..but yes, with our relatives case undergoing a visa application just to attend our wedding, we really have to have faith u know.. all his will be done!

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.