shes

APPLYING RELATIVES FOR TOURIST VISA TO ATTEND YOUR WEDDING

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello VJ people! again i hav a concern with regards to visa application.. ofcourse im in K1 that leads to marrying my fiance..so meaning, there will be a wedding!

my immediate family plans to attend my wedding! (well they have to!) all of them and that includes my married brother and his wife, my little 18 yr old bro and my parents.

i just wan to know if is there anybody here who had experience the same thing?

what are the requirements needed? like photocopies of my visa approval? I-129f, uscis papers..etc..etc....

could you help me with the steps on this?

as always, SALAMAT!!!!!

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Are you trying to get Tourist Visa from PI to USA for your Family Members?

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

If so, each would have to apply for a tourist visa. they all would have to prove significant ties to the Philippines. there is really nothing you can do. I will not say not to try, but it will probably be difficult for all of them to obtain tourist visas.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Good luck! Let us know how that works out for you... :no:

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Good luck! Let us know how that works out for you... :no:

never mind the Sheriff, he's only being realistic. :whistle:

just to note.. each visa application will cost $131. I've seen some post their parents were able to get tourist visas, but it's not certain your parents will be able the do so. For the other relatives, it could be difficult.

Here's the link for:

non-immigrant visa procedures: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html

tourist visa specific requirements: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv7.html

I just want to highlight this part:

The following documents are NOT considered helpful:

*In general, affidavits of any sort will be of little value to an applicant (exception: student visa applications). The affidavit of support is a requirement only for immigrant visas. We encourage the interested third parties to save their time and money and not to prepare such. The interviewing officer is less concerned about how the applicant will be supported during his/her stay in the United States than in whether s/he has reasons to return home.

*Letters of invitation (except for business travel).

As Roy & Yazi has pointed out, each of them will have to pay $131 non refundable visa application fee.

Applying for a tourist visa for all your immediate family and flying all of them to the US and back would be very very expensive (tourist visa is also harder to obtain).

It would be really great to have all our family in complete attendance when we walk down the aisle but please weigh the pros and cons. The wedding, no matter how special it is, is just that, just ONE DAY.

A lot of couples who went through the K1 visa go for a simple US wedding and then a grander Philippine wedding a few years later. It might be good to consider that path also... but if your family have the means and they will be successful in obtaining tourist visa then I say there is no harm in trying.

Good luck she's, hope everything works out well for you... and good luck for the coming medical and interview. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

God bless always.

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Tourist Visa will be hard to get to the USA.

If that was the case I would of done a Tourist VIsa for my Fiance and not dealt with all the hassle and bullChit of getting her from PI to USA.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

hello VJ people! again i hav a concern with regards to visa application.. ofcourse im in K1 that leads to marrying my fiance..so meaning, there will be a wedding!

my immediate family plans to attend my wedding! (well they have to!) all of them and that includes my married brother and his wife, my little 18 yr old bro and my parents.

i just wan to know if is there anybody here who had experience the same thing?

what are the requirements needed? like photocopies of my visa approval? I-129f, uscis papers..etc..etc....

could you help me with the steps on this?

as always, SALAMAT!!!!!

ay syadong hirap! Tourist visa is the hardest visa to get approve of...........................if your wealthy and a good reason......enough sure you get approve. properties this and that ........money in the bank .........these and that. .....My aunt got denied due to the fact that ........she aint got have enough properties ....or wealthy enough to travel.......Invitation for a wedding? hey goodluck though prayers to you .....Let me know if you get thru.....................................

Actually there are LOTS of people in the Philippines that are living decent lives there and care less about moving to the US to make a buck or go TNT.

These are the ones that are granted tourist visas.

Example!

GMA was just in the US and didn't go TNT!!!!!!! :whistle:

I wonder if she had a tourist visa????

Sad USCIS can't distinguish from families [even super poor] that love their country and just want to be with their familes in the US for a short time for special occasions or visits and the ones that just want to run!

We'd love to bring mama over for a short time but there's no chance even if I put up a huge bond. She's 78 and out of the possible TNT or terrorist picture totally!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

hey Cyra,, dami mo pala visitor sa wedding :) whole family... yup they are right,, it's hard to get a tourist visa especially for whole family.... but if you really like them to be with your wedding, let them try... they should prepare for the requirements, bank accounts, house title, properties, employment contract, or maybe a letter from employer stating the leave dates, enrollment form for ur bro etc.. strong ties to PI,

My sister can attend on my wedding :) she got that damn tourist visa .. ^_^

I want my mom to visit us here in usa next year, august, is it really impossible for old people to come here as tourist? she is 70 and definitely don't have intention to stay, she want to stay in PI until she will die,,,

she have house/lot title, own a farm, and small money in bank, that's it.. no pension etc. is it possible? or not?

Edited by I luv my chappara

Timeline

If so, each would have to apply for a tourist visa. they all would have to prove significant ties to the Philippines. there is really nothing you can do. I will not say not to try, but it will probably be difficult for all of them to obtain tourist visas.

yeah, a tourist visa fits for them :huh: so wats so amazing about it? we had that before. anyways, well i wont be the one who'll get them a visa (obviously) :blink:

my point is, ofcors their reason wud be to attend my wedding. the vacation adds to that... the reason why im asking is cus i just wana to know if anyone here have a relative who applied for a tourist visa for the sake of attending his/her wedding.

like sharing ur relatives experience....etc.. u know that wud help.

and hello????? i wont be presenting myself infront of the CO who'll interview each member of my family and tell them ..oh! im the one who'll be wed in the states, shes my mom...my bro, my dad..blah blah... (that wont work i know)

so maybe someone here might share her/his story in her own experience.. ;)

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Actually there are LOTS of people in the Philippines that are living decent lives there and care less about moving to the US to make a buck or go TNT.

These are the ones that are granted tourist visas.

Example!

GMA was just in the US and didn't go TNT!!!!!!! :whistle:

I wonder if she had a tourist visa????

Sad USCIS can't distinguish from families [even super poor] that love their country and just want to be with their familes in the US for a short time for special occasions or visits and the ones that just want to run!

We'd love to bring mama over for a short time but there's no chance even if I put up a huge bond. She's 78 and out of the possible TNT or terrorist picture totally!

You can blame the USCIS reaction on everyone who has gone before us and abused the system.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
hey Cyra,, dami mo pala visitor sa wedding :) whole family... yup they are right,, it's hard to get a tourist visa especially for whole family.... but if you really like them to be with your wedding, let them try... they should prepare for the requirements, bank accounts, house title, properties, employment contract, or maybe a letter from employer stating the leave dates, enrollment form for ur bro etc.. strong ties to PI,

My sister can attend on my wedding :) she got that damn tourist visa .. ^_^

I want my mom to visit us here in usa next year, august, is it really impossible for old people to come here as tourist? she is 70 and definitely don't have intention to stay, she want to stay in PI until she will die,,,

she have house/lot title, own a farm, and small money in bank, that's it.. no pension etc. is it possible? or not?

prime! hello! kamusta kana my friendster friend..(redundant) :lol: anyways, ang saya naman ng sister mo!! and ang masaya pa dun ikaw may sister .. ako kase brothers lang..hhaaayy.. anyways, nagulat ako sa mga reactions ng tao dito..parang galit na galit sila sa usem pagdating sa tourist visa application :hehe: para bang sabay sabay nila akong sinigawan ng..HHUUWWWAAAATTTTTTT?????? :lol:

ofcourse, kahit naman meron kang ipakita sa co lahat ng requirements nila..still, its their decision and im hoping and praying that yes, both of my parents (they have to apply for a visa again), my brother and his wife and my youngest bro.( na oo nga, ipapakita dapat na erolled sya for the coming sem) could all come to the u.s.

speaking of oLd people applying for visa..alam mo sa case namn ng lola ko, nabigyan sya nung 6 mos toursit visa before,umuwi after 4 mos sa pinas. so, i think its possible for them at their age to get a toursit visa naman.

uy mga vj people...nothing is impossible to the Lord ha! ;) my family already paid that $131 fee (each) sai kase sept na daw ang available na interview for tourist. if its the Lord's will for them to get a tourist visa approval, it will be done! if not, its ok :)

Edited by shes

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline
Here's the link for:

non-immigrant visa procedures: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html

tourist visa specific requirements: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv7.html

I just want to highlight this part:

The following documents are NOT considered helpful:

*In general, affidavits of any sort will be of little value to an applicant (exception: student visa applications). The affidavit of support is a requirement only for immigrant visas. We encourage the interested third parties to save their time and money and not to prepare such. The interviewing officer is less concerned about how the applicant will be supported during his/her stay in the United States than in whether s/he has reasons to return home.

*Letters of invitation (except for business travel).

As Roy & Yazi has pointed out, each of them will have to pay $131 non refundable visa application fee.

Applying for a tourist visa for all your immediate family and flying all of them to the US and back would be very very expensive (tourist visa is also harder to obtain).

It would be really great to have all our family in complete attendance when we walk down the aisle but please weigh the pros and cons. The wedding, no matter how special it is, is just that, just ONE DAY.

A lot of couples who went through the K1 visa go for a simple US wedding and then a grander Philippine wedding a few years later. It might be good to consider that path also... but if your family have the means and they will be successful in obtaining tourist visa then I say there is no harm in trying.

Good luck she's, hope everything works out well for you... and good luck for the coming medical and interview. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

God bless always.

thank you! about our K1 application,were taking it one step at a time..being sure and prepared. as long as God is with us, nothing will go wrong. sana nga dumating na yung case number..hehhe! that first :)

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.